How stupid does this look?

DG_ThenNowForever

After making the SEC look ridiculous all season (until they thankfully switched to throwbacks), Nike is currently wreaking havoc on the tournament:

From SI.com:

p1.hibbert.jpg

Two teams having the same style of jersey makes this look more like a scrimmage than an actual game. What is the point, exactly, of those tails sticking out above the collar bone?

And really, did OSU have to wear those silly Nike Elite jerseys? I'm pretty sure that's why they lost. That and Roy Hibbert.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think they look fine. G'town is constantly changing their uniforms, so it's not like this design disrupts one identity. I'm not sure about OSU, but I don't identify them with any one style either. When they start adding those shoulder stripes to Duke's classic uniforms, then I have a problem.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

Two teams having the same style of jersey makes this look more like a scrimmage than an actual game.

Hate to say it derogatorily, but it looks like a CFL game. That was Reebok, this is Nike.

The big two are slowly destroying sports branding.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

The Jordan Brand is the supplier of the Hoyas basketball uniforms, not Nike.

Well, that's a technicality, isn't it? I mean, that's like saying that Jeep, not Chrysler, sponsors the Mets. Really, they're the same company.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

When they start adding those shoulder stripes to Duke's classic uniforms, then I have a problem.

Duke already tried it. About a decade ago, before the introduction of black into their mix. Big blue blotches on the shoulders (white on the road blues). It looked awful.

If any team could wear the Elite silver shoulders, it'd be Ohio State, since silver (gray correctly, but OSU tends to blur that line when convenient) is part of their color scheme. It looks awful when it's forced, like with Illinois.

Tangential question: when did silver become the color of elitism? When did we forsake the gold and "go for the silver"? :blink: Just a thought...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Tangential question: when did silver become the color of elitism? When did we forsake the gold and "go for the silver"? :blink: Just a thought...

Maybe it's platinum :P

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Duke already tried it. About a decade ago, before the introduction of black into their mix. Big blue blotches on the shoulders (white on the road blues). It looked awful.

If any team could wear the Elite silver shoulders, it'd be Ohio State, since silver (gray correctly, but OSU tends to blur that line when convenient) is part of their color scheme. It looks awful when it's forced, like with Illinois.

Yes, Jeff Capel was wearing that jersey when he made his half-court shot in the epic 1994 2OT loss to UNC. At the time, I thought the only jerseys with the lame shoulder stripes were women's models.

I think silver became more elite when platinum became elite. For a while, Gold credit cards were the "best." Then they introduced "platinum."

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

The heck with the brand names. I've always hated it when players wear T-shirts (or at least T-shirts that show) underneath basketball jerseys.

For that reason alone, I always had a thing against Patrick Ewing, because he always wore that T-shirt underneath his Georgetown uniform. I always thought it looked bush league.

Archived