new sugar bowl logo

thegame4219

The BCS won't be on ABC anymore? I don't know how I missed that.

That's a shame. Fox seems to ruin all of the sports they cover, especially football. I could really do without the Fox stripe across the top of my television and the fact they use it for all sports is especially frustrating. Boo Fox and boo college football.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I know the deal was most likely inked before Katrina. But having an insurance company as the title sponsor is some weird karma.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I know the deal was most likely inked before Katrina. But having an insurance company as the title sponsor is some weird karma.

Well, better to have an insurance company as a sponsor than, oh say, FEMA :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Well, better to have an insurance company as a sponsor than, oh say, FEMA :D

Or if you're Ray Nagin, Hershey's Chocolate. :P

the deal was annouced march 23 so i expect the deal came together in late feb. or early of this month

I doubt a deal that big got started and finished in a month. And Ray Nagin would like Allstate to make one hand black in the logo.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

the deal was annouced march 23 so i expect the deal came together in late feb. or early of this month

I doubt a deal that big got started and finished in a month. And Ray Nagin would like Allstate to make one hand black in the logo.

That's not funny.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

That's not funny.

Yes, it is. The man opened himself up to shot like with his rasist "God wants a chocalate New Orleans" speech.

I bet if he was white and came out and said "God wants a whole milk New Orleans," you would lead the charge for his hanging.

Please lighten up.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

That's not funny.

What's not funny? The fact that it's TRUE? New Orleanians should consider themselves fortunate that, the way it looks, they'll have a new mayor in a couple months.

And before you reply with "I don't know this or I don't know that," let me say that I was born and raised in the area actually destroyed by the hurricane, not by inadequate levees. You know, the area that is actually looking up while New Orleans under the "leadership" of Nagin continues to run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

That's not funny.

Wow what a shock, you're offended again.

i read a report that nokia exercised a claused to get out of the sponsor ship after the 06 sugar bowl (this january). That report said that the clause came to affect because nokia's sponsorship was with abc and abc assigned them to the sugar bowl the new bcs contract put the responsibilty on the televison partner to find a title sponsor for the game. So it most likely happend within a 2-3 month span (JAN- MAR) becasue the sugar bowl didn't know about the opt out until after the game of this year

Thanks FOX for keeping the BCS alive!! Everyone loves it.

The real shame here is that Keith Jackson may not be able to do the Rose Bowl anymore.

palmer_david.jpg

I don't think the sugar bowl and the BCS are in good hands... (see what I did there?)

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

The real shame here is that Keith Jackson may not be able to do the Rose Bowl anymore.

palmer_david.jpg

I don't think the sugar bowl and the BCS are in good hands... (see what I did there?)

Well considering they killed him off on 24.... ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

palmer_david.jpg

The Rose Bowl tv contract is separate from the BCS tv contract. the rose bowl will remain on ABC but the 4 other BCS games will be fox. for those of you who forgot, the bcs added a 5th game this year, the unnamed championship game. but since the rose bowl will remain on ABC, i assume the often incoherant keith jackson will be doing play by play

I actually think the deal was in place before that. On FOX's little after game ad, the ad said "Fox, the new home of the BCS" and I believe that was in like late January or early February.

Avsman.png

Dennis.gif

Have you ever looked at sports logos...ON WEED?

Archived