Philly Eagles Concept

Coast2CoastAM2006

this set was inspired by the old herman edwards era eagles jerseys. i wanted to go with a modern version of what they had. I didn't have much to work with the helmet logo, so i had to make due with the flat wing logo i found in the eagles section on this site. i wanted to drop the black and just go with blueish-green, silver and white but it looked ny jetish. so i kept the black as trim on the uniform. i however went with a silver facemask and brought back the silver pants, with updated stripe of course. I didn't add any alternate jerseys or alternate pants.

i wanted to use a kelly green but someone already has done kelly green so i stuck with their current green.

PhiladelphiaEagles_Concept.png

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

this set was inspired by the old herman edwards era eagles jerseys. 

I apologize if I'm wrong in saying this, but I believe the inspiration for this masterpiece was actually my very own Eagles concept. It looks like you took my concept from last month and just gave it a giant makeover. I just noticing too many similarities between your concept and mine to say this isn't a massive overhaul of my Eagles concept.

Take a look for yourself: DirtyCurty's Philadelphia Eagles Concept

- The exact same template was used

- The logo on the helmet is identical

- The sleves look verrrry similar

- The pant stripes match up as well

Like I said, I'm sorry if I am mistaken here, but it just seems like you took what I had created, mixed in a different color, added a few stripes and slapped on different numbers. Maybe I am the only one who see it this way, I don't know. I guess I will have to leave this one up to the Court of Public Opinion.

6uXNWAo.png

this set was inspired by the old herman edwards era eagles jerseys. 

I apologize if I'm wrong in saying this, but I believe the inspiration for this masterpiece was actually my very own Eagles concept. It looks like you took my concept from last month and just gave it a giant makeover. I just noticing too many similarities between your concept and mine to say this isn't a massive overhaul of my Eagles concept.

Take a look for yourself: DirtyCurty's Philadelphia Eagles Concept

- The exact same template was used

- The logo on the helmet is identical

- The sleves look verrrry similar

- The pant stripes match up as well

Like I said, I'm sorry if I am mistaken here, but it just seems like you took what I had created, mixed in a different color, added a few stripes and slapped on different numbers. Maybe I am the only one who see it this way, I don't know. I guess I will have to leave this one up to the Court of Public Opinion.

You are the only one that sees it that way.

gotta disagree with you, curty... basically, the only thing i see that is too blatantly similar is silver pants... and considering that there's historical reasoning behind it, pretty sure you can't claim that as your idea.

i like the concept... i'd maybe lighten the green just a TAD... because on my monitor, it's too similar to the black... but i like the idea behind it.

They're different in a whole bunch of ways.

The sleeves look nothing like yours, and the logo on the helmet is identical because it's their logo. I really like uniform consistency and this concept does it very well, as opposed to yours Dirty. I think that's the biggest difference out of everything.

I don't think it was right for you to make your claim.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Not to pile on you, DC, but I also disagree. I liked you concept, but this isn't even close to yours, other than the fact they borrow from the same source material.

No matter what Eagles concept is done, certain things are going to remain constant: a shade of green (midnight, kelly, forest), use of silver, wings on the helmet. Those aside, there aren't a lot of similarities - he kept their present font and midnight green, added silver pants (which never should have been discarded by the team) but didn't go with green pants, added UCLA striping, added sock striping, and didn't add a black alt. I don't see where you even have a claim.

Turning to this concept, I scrutinize Eagles concepts with a fine tooth comb. And this one, I like a lot. I've learned to accept midnight green though I prefer kelly. And I still don't like the font they use; it's just something that looks like it should be on NFL jerseys. To truly pay homage to the first Super Bowl team, they had a lot more stripes and contrast coloring in the sleeves (I think it was 12 stripes IIRC) and no logo on the sleeves. With the way sleeves are shrinking in the NFL, you'll never be able to have that much design on the sleeves anyway. I'm a fan of UCLA striping on almost any football concept, and they wore them in their past. Best of all, the silver pants are back, and charcoal is nowhere to be found.

Thumbs up.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I just don't think that the modern "midnight green" and classic light-silver go too well together. I really think that a darker silver (not quite charcoal, not quite Bucs pewter) would work much better on the pants and facemask.

And DC, I really don't think that this is a rip off of your concept.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow. Curty, when I read your post and looked at your concept, I thought you were being sarcastic. I still have some hope that you were. I'm starting to doubt it, though.

C2C, nice concept. Only thing I would change would to have the letters for the names on the back be smaller. 50% of the NFL's players would barely be able to fit their name on there.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

dude no way in any form did i edit your concept. i didn't get the template from your concept anyway. truthfully, i saved bucfan's tampa bay bucs concept, whited everything out to use as a template. as for the eagle logo on the sleeve, i had a devil of a time getting that thing on there. i had to do alot of rotating, copy and paste. i almost considered dropping it off the sleeves, because i wasn't enthusiastic how it kept comming out. Your is more stretched on yours than on mines. i even checked the pixel dimensions of the eagle head logo placement on both of our concepts and they are not the same. the helmet logo i used was from the eagles section of the SL Eagles section. in fact it probably should expand just a bit. your actually looks better than what I have on the helmet. because your wing logo expands out much more than mine did.

also the eagle head logo on the sleeve is also more stretched on your concept than it is on mine.

if using the template is an issue, i certainly won't use it anymore. and i certainly didn't want to look like i ripped your concept off. i know better than to do that, i know people would immediately notice.

ALSO: edit to concept-> lightened the midnight green, darkened the silver and shrunk the name plate.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

dude no way in any form did i edit your concept.  i didn't get the template from your concept anyway.  truthfully, i saved bucfan's tampa bay bucs concept, whited everything out to use as a template.  as for the eagle logo on the sleeve, i had a devil of a time getting that thing on there.  i had to do alot of rotating, copy and paste.  i almost considered dropping it off the sleeves, because i wasn't enthusiastic how it kept comming out.  Your is more stretched on yours than on mines.  i even checked the pixel dimensions of the eagle head logo placement on both of our concepts and they are not the same.  the helmet logo i used was from the eagles section of the SL Eagles section.  in fact it probably should expand just a bit.  your actually looks better than what I have on the helmet.  because your wing logo expands out much more than mine did. 

also the eagle head logo on the sleeve is also more stretched on your concept than it is on mine.

if using the template is an issue, i certainly won't use it anymore.  and i certainly didn't want to look like i ripped your concept off.  i know better than to do that, i know people would immediately notice.

ALSO: edit to concept-> lightened the midnight green, darkened the silver and shrunk the name plate.

Don't worry man, use whatever template you want. STL Fanatics made it for a reason.

And if you want to use a different template by him, here are is the link:

STL Fanatic's Templates

By the way, love the concept, especially the stripes.

Archived