STUPID METS!

FiddySicks

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See now that dont look bad the Cool Flo helmets are not ugly they actually look nice and will be good in the summer, but two tonw yikes that has to go.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

please say they stay like this

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I don't mind the Cool-Flo design--if they help the players stay more comfortable, then so be it--it's the evolution of equipment. But the two-tone is just plain stupid. Leave it to the Mercury Mets to again start what will likely be a trend (let's face it, they won't be the last).

I don't mind the Cool-Flo design--if they help the players stay more comfortable, then so be it--it's the evolution of equipment. But the two-tone is just plain stupid. Leave it to the Mercury Mets to again start what will likely be a trend (let's face it, they won't be the last).

The Mets aren't the first team to do this. Just the most visible. Two-tone helmets have been used for a couple years at the Little League World Series, and the US women's softball team, has had two-tone helmets for a while as well. Whether these are the inspiration(s) for the Mets, or even whether these are the kinds of teams that should serve as a source of inspiration for a major league team, remain up for debate. :therock:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

They have three helmets like they have three hats. They wear the black helmet with the all black hat, the blue helmet with the all blue had, and the black/blue helmet with the black cap, blue billed hat.

It looks like the black hat/helmet only goes with the black alts, the blue hat/helmet goes with the home pinstripes, and the blue/black goes with the normal road and plain home uniforms.

Save the slugalo.

I'm not necessarily a big fan of the "whatever-flo" helmets. They don't have them on long enough to really need them to be ventelated. However, I can live with it...as long as it doesn't get out of hand, as is the case with the Mets. If it's the flo helmet in the normal hat design, fine. That's okay. Then the only change is the extra ventelation. That's perfectly alright. But when it starts getting crazy with funky, stupid color changes and designs like this, well that just makes me sick. I'm sorry, but baseball IS the most "traditional" sport (and by that I mean it sticks to THEIR tradition more than the other sports stick to their own). It's one thing to make some modern changes here and there, but this is just flat-out ridiculous.

My opinion. Peace out.

im kinda confused why the black/blue helmet for them has no orange in the ny logo i think that there definitly should be

It does have an orange drop shadow, but it's hardly noticable.

http://users.ameritech.net/tazz013/NYgarbage.jpg

Another thing to dislike about that helmet is that it's the only one that doesn't match the hat.

The blue hat and helmet have just an orange logo; the black hat and helmet have blue logos with white outlines and orange drop shadows; and the black/blue hat has a blue logo with a white outline while the helmet has a black (or very dark blue?) logo with a white outline and an orange drop shadow.

Save the slugalo.

I'm a Met fan and can't stand any of the unis since they added the black. Even the traditional pinstripes look bad with the black shadows on the names and #s. It makes the blue and orange look almost purple. My vote is lose the black and have one set of home's and one set of roads, both worn with only the blue cap. If they really want an alternate, make it a blue jersey with orange names and numbers like the old BP jerseys. They actually had finally got it right in the late 90's...and then they hit us over the head with the "Mets in Black." Now we have these rediculous 2-tone helmets. Like someone said earlier, leave it to the Mets to keep finding new ways to look awful.

Hopefully, someone will knock some sense into the Wilpons before the new ballpark opens.

Remember the Mets white caps of the 1993 & 11994 underscore jerseys they have been worse before.

BUt atleast the only bad thing so far is the helmets they are of course 10-2 :boogie:(dance)

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived