Tennesse Basketball Concept

jkrdevil

I don't normally do basketball concepts but I decided to do this because of the SSUR contest. Unfortunatly I didn't get it done in time. So here it is my Mens Tennesse Basketball concept. I think the alts should get some comments.

tennesse-concept.gif

Yeah, I did one of these for the concept, and I think your problem isn't the presence of the checkerboard, but the size. Maybe make them bigger in size so it's easier on the eyes.

VmWIn6B.png

I really like the use of the checkerboard for the striping. lmu probably is on to something with the larger checks. Give that a try and see where that goes. I love the alternate idea, but the checkerboard is a bit much and if they were bigger, I don't think it'd get much better. Great work though. Bring some classic edge to the Vols.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

in the minute i spent looking at these, they grew on me a hell of a lot. i now believe they would look good if the neck and arm hole trim was a solid color (orange home, and white away). also, make the waistband of the shorts match the primary color of the shorts. change those things, and i would like seeing these in action.

The could be pretty neat and unique, but a few things bother me:

-I really don't like the old western type font for the wordmark. A block font would look much better and match the numbers.

-The neck/arm trim does not look good in it's current form. Either make it like Cavs/Knicks alts or solid.

-The "T" logo above the player names is way too big. It needs to be like 50% smaller.

-Scrap the alt.

-The checkerboard around the waist is a bit overkill. Although you don't really see it when the jersey is tucked in and folded over.

Untitled-1.png

Re the alt (insert eyes-popping-out emoticon): If this becomes an actual Vol uniform, I will never watch them on TV, because I will not be able to stand the buzzing from my TV from the electronic interference.

Re the rest: Wisconsin's basketball uniforms in the late '70s and early '80s were sort of like this -- alternating squares, or maybe dashes, around the armholes and neckhole of the jerseys. So this could work.

Packers-2.png

hmm...interesting

i like the intergration of our checkerboard, but maybe just on the side panels, and the Western font isn't representative of the area, the one we use now is much better IMO

but yea, this is a nice spin on TN basketball....good job

(and a big negative on the alt ;))

ps: i cant wait till next year, were gonna take the SEC crown from those damn Gators)

Archived