MLB 2k6 xbox 360

stlbss

One other thing about the 2K series which drives me nuts. In the EA games, I like that you can pick which uniform to wear, even in franchise/season modes. Want to make it a throwback game, with both teams wearing the throwbacks? No problem.

But! 2K is smarter than that! You can only pick YOUR team's uniform. So, you can have half a throwback game. I really hate that.

It annoys me to no end that I can only pick my own team's uniforms. Half a throwback game is ridiculous. Besides, since you play other teams in your division around 19x a year, that means you have to look at the same uniforms over and over again.

Not only that, but I played against Boston last night, and Boston takes the field in their road grays....and to my dismay, they had "Red Sox" across the chest! How difficult is it to get the Red Sox uniform right?!?!?!?

Because the point of baseball video games is to play the games, not to obsess over the uniforms. Stuff like missing a logo isn't important.

It's absolutely important because mess-ups are a slap in the face to the consumer.

You can argue all day long about which AI is better or how the hitting or pitching should work in a game, but uniforms should be a slam dunk. It takes hardly any effort at all (shouldn't the developers be able to get their hands on the style guide?) to see what teams are wearing, and we get stupid mistakes.

I could understand if they didn't program in every variation of hat/jersey/whatever, especially when teams like the Astros and Mets have 5 different combos, but there are far bigger mistakes being made.

1zgyd8w.jpg

MVP 05= the best baseball game ever.

illinirox1= so rediculously correct.

I concur

I can add something to this

Last year my college changed its mascot from the Indians to the Redhawks and also got a new logo set. In both college hoops 2k6 and March Madness 2006 They have the right team name with the wrong logo. Now I know we are a smaller Div !-AA school but if you are gonna put a team in the game get the stuff right.

Old, incorrect indians logo found in the games:

2546.gif

Current logo that should be used:

southeastmisredhawkshead-lg.jpg

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

(And I agree that the Cubs' numbers are disappointing.)

The cubs number thing really bugs the hell out of me, and it makes or breaks my decision to buy the game. I LOVE MVP 05 because it got it right, one of the few games that ever has. I'm not buying the new baseball game because the cubs have standard numerals. It's a detail, yes, but it's a big one. I think they could have gone out of their way to make the game that much more realistic by getting that kind of stuff right.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The cubs number thing really bugs the hell out of me, and it makes or breaks my decision to buy the game. I LOVE MVP 05 because it got it right, one of the few games that ever has. I'm not buying the new baseball game because the cubs have standard numerals. It's a detail, yes, but it's a big one. I think they could have gone out of their way to make the game that much more realistic by getting that kind of stuff right.

FNZ, illinirox and ChicagoShawn, thanks for the tips. I might have to retire (like my created player just did) from MVP 2003 and upgrade to 2005. I always used to buy a year behind to save money anyway. (and hey, if they got the Cubs right...)

I'm partial to EA since "Dr. J vs. Bird" on the Apple IIe, and nothing I'm hearing about this new game makes me want to switch.

perhaps eriqjaffe could've sent the right fonts......really.

People, if you're so anal about these jersey mess-ups, just try and find a PC mod, and hope someone has avaliable a jersey editor so you can design your own perfect jerseys and play the game. A games a game, and I learned the hard way on the 2KHockey board that you CAN'T get everything right because there isnt the time and even when some mistakes are found, its too late in the development to go back in fix it, like jerseys, because there are more important things to focus on, like how the game itself plays. The most you people can do is just email 2KSports and tell them what was wrong and needs fixing and how. Hopefully they will use that for next year.

Just stop whining about it and don't let a little jersey mix up deter you from buying a game. In NHL 2K6, they have the '93 Leafs jerseys, and for the shoulder patches instead of having the realistic looking leaf, they have the logo thats on the front on the shoulders, and while this does bug me a bit, its not enough to stop me from buying the game, but the game play...well...thats a whole 'nother rant.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

As i remember, EA butchered uniforms in madden for years. the 2K games are great. I'l be playing NFL 2K5 for years to come. If the names were switched around, all of you EA nuts would be drinking the 2K6 kool-aid. a great deal of EA's base buys the games for the same reason people buy Nike shoes and Wonderbread. Its the brand name, not the product.

People, if you're so anal about these jersey mess-ups, just try and find a PC mod, and hope someone has avaliable a jersey editor so you can design your own perfect jerseys and play the game. A games a game, and I learned the hard way on the 2KHockey board that you CAN'T get everything right because there isnt the time and even when some mistakes are found, its too late in the development to go back in fix it, like jerseys, because there are more important things to focus on, like how the game itself plays. The most you people can do is just email 2KSports and tell them what was wrong and needs fixing and how. Hopefully they will use that for next year.

Just stop whining about it and don't let a little jersey mix up deter you from buying a game. In NHL 2K6, they have the '93 Leafs jerseys, and for the shoulder patches instead of having the realistic looking leaf, they have the logo thats on the front on the shoulders, and while this does bug me a bit, its not enough to stop me from buying the game, but the game play...well...thats a whole 'nother rant.

Agreed. Although I do get a little peeved off at games when they mess up uniforms (i.e. Madden 06 and their use of BLOCK NUMBERS FOR THE CINCINNATI BENGALS), it won't keep me from playing that game if it's a good game. Hell, I remember when games such as the amazing incredible perfection that is RBI Baseball didn't even have correct unis, but it was still fun as hell to play. So yeah, my advice is to not take uniforms on video games so seriously that you don't even wanna play anymore.

Archived