Official 2006 NBA Playoffs Thread

nsentv

I know this is more of a hockey board, but I figured I'd start an NBA playoffs thread anyway. This may be one of the most memorable NBA playoffs ever, if only for the fact that the Clippers are the favorites with home court advantage... as the sixth seed. Truly bizarre.

P.S.: ABC's musical choice this year: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I have no idea who they are (I'm a music dunce), so I don't know if this is Black Eyed Peas good or Rob Thomas godawful.

Playoff schedule:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Milwaukee vs. Detroit

Sun: at Detroit, 7 p.m. (TNT)

Wed: at Detroit, 7:30 p.m. (NBA TV)

Sat: at Milwaukee, 8 p.m. (ESPN)

Mon: at Milwaukee, TBA

Wed: at Detroit, TBA, if necessary

Fri: at Milwaukee, TBA, if necessary

Sun: at Detroit, TBA, if necessary

Miami vs. Chicago

Sat: at Miami, 8 p.m. (ESPN Full Circle)

Mon: at Miami, 8 p.m. (TNT)

Thu: at Chicago, 8 p.m. (TNT)

Sun: at Chicago, 1 p.m. (ABC)

Tue: at Miami, TBA, if necessary

Thu: at Chicago, TBA, if necessary

Sat: at Miami, TBA, if necessary

New Jersey vs. Indiana

Sun: at New Jersey, 1 p.m. (TNT)

Tue: at New Jersey, 8 p.m. (NBA TV)

Thu: at Indiana, 7:30 p.m. (TNT)

Sat: at Indiana, 3 p.m. (TNT)

Tue: at New Jersey, TBA, if necessary

Thu: at Indiana, TBA, if necessary

Sat: at New Jersey, TBA, if necessary

Cleveland vs. Washington

Sat: at Cleveland, 3 p.m. (ABC)

Tue: at Cleveland, 7 p.m. (TNT)

Fri: at Washington, 8 p.m. (ESPN)

Sun: at Washington, 7:30 p.m. (TNT)

Wed: at Cleveland, TBA, if necessary (TNT)

Fri: at Washington, TBA, if necessary (ESPN)

Sun: at Cleveland, TBA, if necessary (ABC)

WESTERN CONFERENCE

San Antonio vs. Sacramento

Sat: at San Antonio, 5:30 p.m

Tue: at San Antonio, 9:30 p.m

Fri: at Sacramento, 10 p.m.

Sun: at Sacramento, 10 p.m.

Tue: at San Antonio, TBA, if necessary

Fri: at Sacramento, TBA, if necessary

Sun: at San Antonio, TBA, if necessary

Phoenix vs. Los Angeles Lakers

Sun: at Phoenix, 3:30 p.m. (ABC)

Wed: at Phoenix, 10:30 p.m. (TNT)

Fri: at Los Angeles Lakers, 10:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Sun: at Los Angeles Lakers, 3:30 p.m (ABC)

Tue: at Phoenix, TBA, if necessary (TNT)

Thu: at Los Angeles Lakers, TBA, if necessary (TNT)

Sat: at Phoenix, TBA, if necessary

Denver vs. Los Angeles Clippers

Sat: at Los Angeles Clippers, 10:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Mon: at Los Angeles Clippers, 10:30 p.m. (TNT)

Thu: at Denver, 10:30 p.m. (TNT)

Sat: at Denver, 10:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Mon: at Los Angeles Clippers, TBA, if necessary

Thu: at Denver, TBA, if necessary

Sat: at Los Angeles Clippers, TBA, if necessary

Dallas vs. Memphis

Sun: at Dallas, 9:30 p.m. (TNT)

Wed: at Dallas, 8 p.m. (TNT)

Sat: at Memphis, 5:30 p.m. (TNT)

Mon: at Memphis, TBA (TNT)

Wed: at Dallas, TBA, if necessary

Fri: at Memphis, TBA, if necessary

Sun: at Dallas, TBA, if necessary

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Black Eyed Peas. I just don't like 'em when I go to watch a game and the pre-game show runs for 30 minutes too long. And I want to watch the Nets' games and I don't have NBA TV. Does anyone know if that game will be on locally on the YES Network?

P.S.: ABC's musical choice this year: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I have no idea who they are (I'm a music dunce), so I don't know if this is Black Eyed Peas good or Rob Thomas godawful.

Tom Petty and the heartbreakers are a thousand times better and twenty five years older than both of those artists.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I have honestly heard ABC playing Fort Minor more than anything. Which sucks because they are slowly killing my love for Fort Minor by one commercial montage at a time.

At least I don't have to constantly hear the phrase "This is how a heart breaks"

PopHeading-1.gif

TNT's playing Fort Minor. And sure, "Remember the Name" is going to get annoying by June, but it's a lot more 'hip' than "Runnin' Down a Dream" (which is what ABC will by shoving down our throats until the Finals).

If you're going to have fifty-year olds providing your music for the playoffs, have it be Aerosmith or something.

My notes/thoughts of the NBA playoffs so far....

-The Kings blew a perfect chance to get home court advantage, Bibby should've never left Barry open in the corner.

-The Cavs/Wizards series is going to have a great finish, possibly going the distance.

-The Pacers should be very thankful the series is 1-1 right now, they really should be down 2-0 so it should be interesting to see if they can get it together in time for an upset

Anyone else see that little Kobe/Nash skirmish early in the first quarter tonight?

Also:

Bucks are toast, Grizzlies might get swept.

What happened?

Bucks are toast:Agreed.

Grizz will be swept:Agreed.

Nash and Vujacic got into it a little and Kobe stepped in. Nothing major--no technicals--but it's always nice to see two stars getting chippy.

Bigger story:

Lakers win. Series tied, 1-1, heading to Los Angeles.

and in addition, Kobe dunks on Steve Nash. (well not really, but it was still funny to see.)

Nuggets looked like the series was over, last night. Once they got down, the effort completely disappeared. I hope that they don't resign Kiki in the offseason. How can one man be so oblivious to the teams need and pull off so many trades that don't help that particular need? We need a god damn shooter or we'll NEVER get out of the first round. The only man on that team that can be relied on to score is 'Melo, and he can't do it when he's constantly being double teamed, even without the ball.

IUe6Hvh.png

Nash and Vujacic got into it a little and Kobe stepped in. Nothing major--no technicals--but it's always nice to see two stars getting chippy.

Bigger story:

Lakers win. Series tied, 1-1, heading to Los Angeles.

and in addition, Kobe dunks on Steve Nash. (well not really, but it was still funny to see.)

You mean Kobe charges Nash sending him to the floor and is not called on a foul? Yea, that was funny to see. <_<

PopHeading-1.gif

The SUns are done the word came from high (david Stern) to the refs to fix it so the Lakers get every call and win.

Dont be surpised if they go to the Finals Stern wants ratinmgs sso Kobe can all but take a gun out and shoot someone and not get called for a foul and take 10 steps before a traveling call. But dont dare breath on him otherwise it will be a flagrant 2.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Tom Petty and the heartbreakers are a thousand times better and twenty five years older than both of those artists.

Agreed

Not changing until the Dallas Stars give all their pre-Dallas history, logos, colors, unis, name, etc. to the Minnesota Wild.

Archived