2006 NBA Playoffs

Shroinke

Watching the Nuggets-Clippers game is weird enough (LA's OTHER team in the playoffs?!), but now I see the Nuggets are wearing their dark navy alternate jerseys.

First of all, since when do teams break out alternates during the playoffs? I stopped watching basketball between the lockout and the 2003-04 season, but I've still only heard of one team wearing alternates during the playoffs. I think it was the Nets during one of their title-run years. And it didn't happen at all last year.

Secondly, why would Denver ditch their ever-so-trendy powder blues for something that looks like the uni of half the teams in the NBA?

Do you guys know of any other teams planning on wearing alt jerseys?

Watching the Nuggets-Clippers game is weird enough (LA's OTHER team in the playoffs?!), but now I see the Nuggets are wearing their dark navy alternate jerseys.

First of all, since when do teams break out alternates during the playoffs?  I stopped watching basketball between the lockout and the 2003-04 season, but I've still only heard of one team wearing alternates during the playoffs.  I think it was the Nets during one of their title-run years.  And it didn't happen at all last year.

Secondly, why would Denver ditch their ever-so-trendy powder blues for something that looks like the uni of half the teams in the NBA?

Do you guys know of any other teams planning on wearing alt jerseys?

if by "breaking out" you mean premiering them, they've been out all season. That said, they're alts, and they haven't ditched the whole powder-blue thing they have going on...

They been dpoing that since 1995, Orlando wore their blue alternate through out the playoff to the finals when they lost to houston. Alternates during the playoffs is nothing new.

When the Wolves made the playoffs, we would continue our trend of switching between the blue road and black alternate after every loss.

Miami wore their red alternates during the entire postseason last year. For road games, of course.

I thought they wore black one game at Detroit after losing in the reds?

Untitled-1.png

Anyone notice on Kobe Bryant's jersey that the S in LAKERS is not outlined in white but the L-A-K-E-R part still is? Just a small thing and its not a big deal, but I did find it amusing. :D

nba_g_kobe_195.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I think last year the pacers and sonics both broke out their yellow jerseys in the second round of last year.

With watching the Mavs Grizz series i hope the mavs where the green alternates on the road. Not that I want to see that montrosity, but the only way u can really tell which team is which in this series by looking at the court and scoreboard.

When the Nets went to the Finals in '02 they wore their gray alternates for both road games in LA. I don't remember if they wore gray for all of their road games in the playoffs that year though.

Anyone notice on Kobe Bryant's jersey that the S in LAKERS is not outlined in white but the L-A-K-E-R part still is?  Just a small thing and its not a big deal, but I did find it amusing.  :D

nba_g_kobe_195.jpg

Looks normal to me...

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

UPDATE: Other teams have decided to wear 3rds this year, including

Cavaliers: both road games in Washington

Lakers: on Sunday at home against the Suns

and even Miami decided to change from their regular black roads (Game 3) to their red alternates (Game 4) to change their luck I guess.

CXA11204302038.jpg

Looks like it didn't work as planned.

Archived