TEXANS MIGHT PASS ON BUSH

TFoA

If the texans arn't drafting Bush they should trade down and pick d'brickashaw furgeson cause if Carr keeps on getting sacked there offence will be as bad as last year.

Can't agree more. The ONLY player I could see Houston taking instead of Bush ? and having any success ? is Ferguson to shore up the O-line.

But still, they would be absolutely nuts to not take Bush. Reggie Bush >>>>> Dominick Davis. And even if they're comfortable with Davis at RB, Bush is very versatile and could easily play WR, and would certainly be a boost to anyone's kick return game.

I just can't fathom why Houston is considering picking Mario Williams, who wasn't even mentioned in the top four or had any national exposure before a week ago and apparently had a couple of good workouts, over Bush, who has been proving his worth over the past few seasons. If they do pick Williams, there's one more statement that has been made that I couldn't agree more with ...

The Texans deserve every loss they have for the next five years (and oh lordy, there are going to be a lot of them.)

I just can't fathom why Houston is considering picking Mario Williams, who wasn't even mentioned in the top four or had any national exposure before a week ago and apparently had a couple of good workouts, over Bush, who has been proving his worth over the past few seasons. If they do pick Williams, there's one more statement that has been made that I couldn't agree more with ...
The Texans deserve every loss they have for the next five years (and oh lordy, there are going to be a lot of them.)

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=36049

No fathoming mate, it's a done deal if the link in this thread is to be believed. This is absolutely unbelieveable. Pass up a talent like that for a DE that will be easily double-teamed? Man... :wacko:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After months of reading mock drafts, 99% of the mock drafts said Bush will go #1. All for naught.

I think Bush is going to the Jets with a trade from the Saints. The Jets have 2 1st rd picks. Saints can drop down to 4 and still pick a player they wanted all along and gain another 1st rd pick. That's where I'd bet my money on.

I feel sick. I don't like the prospect of seeing Bush twice a year playing my beloved Patriots.

This is flat out moronic, unless Mario Williams is a defensive star for years it will be on polls were draft choice ever because Reggie Bush will be an offensive star for years.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

NO won't take Bush. They've already got Deuce McAllister. Reggie Bush, IMO, will be a New York Jet next year.

But yeah, this totally screws up EVERYTHING the night before the draft. The War Room's gonna be open late late late late late late late tonight.

And on another note, in some thread on here, I said that if the Texans passed on Bush, they deserve to go 1-14 for the next 20 years. Well Houston, IMO, prepare to read a big ol "L" beside your name in the standings for the next few years.

Texans passing on Bush?.... That's a first.... :D

Heh......

Quick: Name a Texans DL starter from 2005. I failed, too.

Perhaps the Texans are wising up to take a great player they need rather than the sexiest pick. I don't remember Houston having a very good defense last year. Reggie Bush, for as talented as he is, hasn't run the ball 20-25-30 times a game in a long time. Texas is such a football-crazy and football-smart state that they don't need a glamour player to sell tickets. Also, DL players last longer than RB's. If Mario is as good a player as advertised, he'll be playing in Houston for the next 10 seasons easily. RB's usually don't last 10 seasons, especially 10 relatively-healthy seasons consecutively. Plus, Reggie Bush wouldn't be the primary kickoff/punt return man for the Texans. You don't put #1 draft picks out there to return kicks. That'd just be dumb.

I don't think Bush's family living in some house will have any impact on his stock as a draft pick. The Texans just might be smart enough to realize that they have needs to fill.

No you draft Bush and Trade Deuce or trade the pick then Bush is going 2nd. If I was the Siants and keeping Deuce I would call the Jets and Titans right now and say how much you wan for it boys.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

can Bush fall to the Niners? Or can the Niners trade up? A 9-7 season looms..

dare I hope for.........10-6? NAHHH........

Well what do the Siants want? Can they get what the they want at 6th? What else can they offer?

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

I understand the move. The Texans defensive line was just as bad as their offensive line.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

can Bush fall to the Niners?  Or can the Niners trade up?  A 9-7 season looms..

dare I hope for.........10-6?  NAHHH........

Well what do the Siants want? Can they get what the they want at 6th? What else can they offer?

considering we have no offense----none---give the Saints anything they want.

Generators....

I understand the move. The Texans defensive line was just as bad as their offensive line.

Considering their record last season, it would be hard to tell which was worse. Picking players fall under either or both of the two theories: Best talent available or pick by need. Could the Texans have traded one of the other RB's, had they taken Bush for a proven, quality DE somewhere else? We'll never know...

I saw, I came, I left.

Generators....

Eh, they have power back. Offer them a levee actually worth something maintained and funded by competent people, and you'll have their draft picks for the next 8 years. :P

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Picking by necessity doesn't always yield the best rewards, but in this case, I think it's the best thing to do. RB was one of the few things the Texans had some substance in, and to bring in a guy like Reggie Bush who simply wasn't going to be "the guy" would be foolish. They had holes to fill and they filled one of them, nobody can fault them for that. Let the draft play out, and more importantly, wait a bit before casting the Texans off to the land of useless seasons for passing on the hot pick de jour.

Picking by necessity doesn't always yield the best rewards, but in this case, I think it's the best thing to do. RB was one of the few things the Texans had some substance in, and to bring in a guy like Reggie Bush who simply wasn't going to be "the guy" would be foolish. They had holes to fill and they filled one of them, nobody can fault them for that. Let the draft play out, and more importantly, wait a bit before casting the Texans off to the land of useless seasons for passing on the hot pick de jour.

Mario Williams will have one very important detail stacked against him.

Everyone will be watching him. Unless he's the next Lawrence Taylor in his rookie season, he'll face nothing but a career of scrutiny and comparisons to Reggie Bush.

I hope for the Texans' sake he can take the heat. Because this last minute surprise is going to force him to grow one helluva thick hide.

Good. Bush is gonna be a huge dissapointment. He's gonna be ok. He's gonna be a late second/ early third type talent.

He will have a 'Warrick Dunn in Tampa Bay' career. OK, some highlights, right at or less than 1,000 yards a year.

The Texans made the right pick. Defense was the right selection.

Bush would put butts in seats in 2006. Williams will put a trophy in McNairs case in the next 10 years.

The right pick was made.

Bush is overrated.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Good. Bush is gonna be a huge dissapointment. He's gonna be ok. He's gonna be a late second/ early third type talent.

He will have a 'Warrick Dunn in Tampa Bay' career. OK, some highlights, right at or less than 1,000 yards a year.

The Texans made the right pick. Defense was the right selection.

Bush would put butts in seats in 2006. Williams will put a trophy in McNairs case in the next 10 years.

The right pick was made.

Bush is overrated.

my verry thoughts, bush semed to be too hyped and the more hype=the more pressure=the bigger the bust. Only time will tell if the right move was made....i have heard that the pats will pic Deangelo Williams(RB, Memphis) in a few mock drafts, any thoughts???...i think the titans get bush at 3 and Fergurson at 2 to the Saints......my suprise pic(beciedes williams at 1) is Jay Cutler to Arizona

Archived