Marcus Vick ...Miami

Rage07

they're just giving him a tryout. i don't think they're going to sign him unless he really impresses.

....to which he will impress, sign a rookie free agent contract, and less than two weeks later will be flashin his glock at some 17-year old kids and then subsequently released by the Fins.

Either that or he'll just fail to impress.

i hope he proves all of you wrong.

high and mighty sons of bitches.

doesn't your precious bible say "let he who is without sin cast the first stone"?

Thanks for the kind words? :blink:

I would love to be proved that he is a great player, I just have doubts about his personal character.

-------------------

From espn.com:

Marcus Vick's on- and off-field problems since he enrolled at Virginia Tech in 2002:

Sept. 2, 2003 - Suspended for one game by coach Frank Beamer for undisclosed reason.

Feb. 17, 2004 - Arrested without incident and charged with four misdemeanors -- three for allegedly allowing the underage girls to have alcohol and one for allegedly having sex with a 15-year-old at a January party. Released on $2,500 bond.

May 14, 2004 - Convicted of three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and sentenced to 30 days in jail and fined $2,250. Found innocent of having sex with the 15-year-old.

July 3, 2004 - Charged with reckless driving and possession of marijuana after a traffic stop about 25 miles east of Richmond at 2:30 a.m. Police said he was clocked at 86 mph, 21 mph above the speed limit, and that the vehicle stunk of marijuana.

July 6, 2004 - Indefinitely suspended from football team for off-field problems.

Aug. 3, 2004 - Suspended from the university for the 2004 season on same day he pleads guilty to reckless driving and no contest to marijuana possession in New Kent. Is fined $300, has driver's license suspended for 60 days and is placed in a first offender program on the marijuana charge, requiring that he perform 24 hours of community service, undergo drug counseling and random drug tests, and give up his driver's license for six months.

Sept. 13, 2004 - In plea deal, pleads no contest to one misdemeanor count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Receives 30-day suspended jail sentence, is fined $100, ordered to perform 24 hours of community service and stay away from the teenage girls.

Jan. 17, 2005 - Cleared to rejoin football team and re-enroll at Virginia Tech.

Oct. 1, 2005 - Leads No. 3 Hokies to 34-20 victory at West Virginia, and makes obscene gesture to fans who have been calling him names related to past problems throughout the game. He apologized a day later.

Dec. 17, 2005 - Pulled over by police in Hampton for driving 38 mph in a 25 mph zone and driving with a suspended license.

Jan. 2, 2006 - Leads Virginia Tech to a 35-24 win over Louisville in Gator Bowl. In the game, he stomped on the left calf of Cardinals All-American defensive end Elvis Dumervil, the NCAA sacks leader. Claims the incident was accidental and that he apologized to Dumervil, who denies ever receiving apology.

Jan. 6, 2006 - Is kicked off team at Virginia Tech for legal trouble and unsportsmanlike conduct in Gator Bowl.

---------------

Then on Jan 10: "Vick, 21, was charged with three misdemeanor counts of brandishing a firearm, and was released on $10,000 bond."

He has consistenly proven people that he is unworthy of their trust in his personal character. They give him second chance after second chance, and he keeps disappointing them. Why, no matter what his skill level, should he be continually given more chances; especially at this level?

ucnu112sig.png

what's so wrong about giving the kid an opportunity. i wasn't a fan of his, but there are plenty of guys in the NFL (past & present) and every other league that have messed up. was kobe bryant not in trouble a few years ago? now everyone's kissing the guy's feet. ricky williams: retires early. wants to smoke pot. he comes back and "we love ricky! run ricky run!" it's pathetic. how quickly we forget. all it takes for someone to throw someone's past out the window is their performance on the field/court.

Don Juan Mexico won't last training camp, if he gets past training camp Don Juan will probably get a couple of snaps in preseason and get cut, where he can wait to try out for the CFL, maybe join Q up in Montreal under the alias of Pierre Quebec.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

doesn't your precious bible say "let he who is without sin cast the first stone"?

I hope that Marcus Vick meets a talking serpent and that serpent convinves Vick to eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil and then Vick says, "Wow, I did a lot of bad things when I was at Virginia Tech," and then eventhough he gets cut by the Dolphins (and kicked out of the Garden of Eden), he goes on to live a productive and arrest-free life.

:P

Wow, that was uncalled for. Just because I don't like what he's done doesn't mean I have to root for him. By no means did I infer that I'm a better person than he is.

Great generalization! :upside:

Yeah, no one who got caught smoking weed and partying in college should ever be allowed to have a job.

I think he shoudl have to mop floors for a prison to learn what life is like for everyone else before he gets a chance to try out for an NFL team.

You guys are ridiculous. If he's good, he will play pro ball. If he isnt, he wont. None of the rest of that stuff matters.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

all this marcus vick stuff will be forgotten by you guys, just like you forgot about Ray Lewis' indiscretions.

Ray Lewis' whats? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

all this marcus vick stuff will be forgotten by you guys, just like you forgot about Ray Lewis' indiscretions.

No, no, Joel. Ray Lewis just killed someone. Marcus Vick got a TRAFFIC TICKET. Big difference. I dont want that kind of reckless behavior around my city. Particularly near my football stadium.

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

No, no, Joel. Ray Lewis just killed someone. Marcus Vick got a TRAFFIC TICKET. Big difference. I dont want that kind of reckless behavior around my city. Particularly near my football stadium.

Ray was convicted of murder? That comes as news to me. The fact that you're down in Atlanta just like the grandstanding district attorney doesn't mean you have to take him at his word.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

No, i am not taking anybody's word. I was there. Ray took out a knife and pushed it forward till it pierded flesh. Several times.

Then I died. Ray stabbed ME.

ΓΔΒ!

I dont think Lewis stabbed anyone a member of his posse did, and hes been a model citizen since.

Marcus Vick stepped on someones leg in the Gator Bowl then pulled out a gun at McDonalds.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

How about this...

The Lawrence Phillips experience was so scarring that I would never want my team to take a chance on a guy with that police record.

Also, and this is just my crazy opinion...whether or not Ray Lewis actually killed a guy is irrelevant. What's relevant is the fact that on the field, on game day, when you are going up against him, you think to yourself, "I better avoid this crazy guy at all costs because chances are, he may have killed once and could do it again."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived