NCAA Football Uniform Changes

tjpskillz34

"Add Illinois to the list of teams unveiling new helmets for the upcoming 2005 season. The word "Illinois", printed in white on the orange helmets, will now be trimmed in blue, according to the Peoria Journal Star.

The word "Illinois" will now appear on the helmet in a fashion similar to this logo (without the block "I" behind it). Past Illinois football helmets can be viewed at The Helmet Project.

Head coach Ron Zook also plans to replace the old black shoes players wore in past seasons with white Nikes, according to the same Journal Star report. Zook plans a further redesign of the Illini uniforms for the 2006 season."

Link to Illinois details

I think you're like, a year behind on your news.

No, he's not. Read the last sentence of his post...it's confirming that changes for 2006 were made last year, so rumors of a change for Illinois at least have some merit.

Crap, didn't read far enough. My bad, sorry.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot about Oregon. I heard about the chrome look, too. They indicated that they would use 3 helmets and about 312 uniform combinations... ;)

As for Florida, they did get new uniforms last season, although it was only a slight update. It is especially noticeable w/ the lack of blue in the pant striping.

1125806445.jpg

Also no blue pants were used last season. :down:

1068950654.jpg

45_DenverBroncos.jpg.jpg

Please bring me some defense this offseason!!!

Although, the more I look around, it doesn't look as if Florida changed their uniforms at all last season.

I could have SWORN I remember seeing the announcement...

45_DenverBroncos.jpg.jpg

Please bring me some defense this offseason!!!

Based on some advertising I've had sent to me, I'd guess Ole Miss might be wearing the red jerseys more next season.

I think Ole Miss should wear their red jerseys a lot more often, maybe even make it their primary jersey. It's a great looking uniform, IMO.

132512961_6c60addf42_o.jpg

I disagree.

The jersey looks good....by itself. With the dark blue helmet, the seemingly completely red uniform doesnt look right.

SigReflect.png

Not a BCS school, but I remember reading in the local paper (and the main fan message board) that the UTEP Miners (CUSA) were going to be getting new unis. I have been unable to find additional info, though.

Rumor has it that USF is going to get new ones with Nike finally coming aboard. Last year's "new ones" were pretty much awful as far as new uniforms go.

Now if only we can get the correct helmets....

Since I know that there are only probably 2 or 3 people that actually can picture what I'm talking about, I'll help you out with a visual aid:

'04 uniforms:

100_73810035.jpg

Disgusting, I know...

The NEW, OMG WOW uniforms that were unveiled before the '05 season:

UL_win_046006.jpg

UL_win_911095.jpg

IMG_5485035.jpg

Helmets dont match because they have the exact same helmets from 7 years ago, only with new logo slapped on it. Helmet logo is the wrong color. Names on the back are too small. There is NO striping..........anywhere. They're still plain and average at best.

So yes, when I heard that Nike was FINALLY taking over the football uniforms(bball only last year), I was just a wee bit excited. *crosses fingers*

SigReflect.png

Personally, I'm hoping for a complete overhaul of Illinois uniforms.  I'd even welcome Miami looking ones.  With such a great color scheme, they've never put a very attractive look on the field since the days of Red Grange.  Perhaps since the Bears stole their colors, they should steal the Bear's unis?

I would love new helmets, new everything.  They can keep the orange pants since its the only piece of tradition the program really has.  But even if they dumped those I wouldn't care.

Same can be said of the Basketball team.

I personally loved the jerseys Illinois wore before their current ones. They were sharp, disinctive, and classy. They always wore them with pro style navy socks. Not only that, but the jerseys were always top of the line.

Their current look is just bland garbage. They jerseys look like they were ordered from a mail-order catalog. The jerseys are much cheaper looking than the old ones. The letters arent sewn on any more, and the jerseys are made of a cheaper, see-through fabric that looks like a high school practice jersey. Add into that the lack of high socks, and they look like a high school team.

It's a shame they got rid of the old unis. They had some continuity (I think they wore them since at least the late 80s). It is even more horrifying knowing that Nike plans on redesigning them. :cry:

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Ive heard something about A&M getting new jerseys from Nike, but i havent seen anything official being said. If there are new jerseys, i hope they dont end up with piping and strips all over it. Of course Nike has given A&M tie-dye neck collars in the past :cursing:

Long time Lingerer, first time poster.

I have a few buddies on the football team at Illinois who told me yes they are getting new unis this year. I didnt get any specs on the jersey, but they are "sweet", and they do involve white pants for every game.

I have a few buddies on the football team at Illinois who told me yes they are getting new unis this year. I didnt get any specs on the jersey, but they are "sweet", and they do involve white pants for every game.

If the players think they are sweet, then I'm a little worried. My experience with players is that they think anything different is sweet. Including back piping.

I have a few buddies on the football team at Illinois who told me yes they are getting new unis this year.  I didnt get any specs on the jersey, but they are "sweet", and they do involve white pants for every game.

:puke:

Especially for the white pants. I am picturing some Atlanta Falcons-esque garbage with piping running up the sides. This is a dark day for Illini football. As dark as any 1-10 season.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Personally, I'm hoping for a complete overhaul of Illinois uniforms.  I'd even welcome Miami looking ones.  With such a great color scheme, they've never put a very attractive look on the field since the days of Red Grange.  Perhaps since the Bears stole their colors, they should steal the Bear's unis?

I would love new helmets, new everything.  They can keep the orange pants since its the only piece of tradition the program really has.  But even if they dumped those I wouldn't care.

Same can be said of the Basketball team.

I personally loved the jerseys Illinois wore before their current ones. They were sharp, disinctive, and classy. They always wore them with pro style navy socks. Not only that, but the jerseys were always top of the line.

Their current look is just bland garbage. They jerseys look like they were ordered from a mail-order catalog. The jerseys are much cheaper looking than the old ones. The letters arent sewn on any more, and the jerseys are made of a cheaper, see-through fabric that looks like a high school practice jersey. Add into that the lack of high socks, and they look like a high school team.

It's a shame they got rid of the old unis. They had some continuity (I think they wore them since at least the late 80s). It is even more horrifying knowing that Nike plans on redesigning them. :cry:

You know, now that I really think about it, the Kurt Kittner era weren't that bad. (those were the ones right before right?)

Simeon Rice/kevin Hardy Era wasn't that terrible looking either.

I dunno...I've got some thoughts and I might whip them up tonight.

Has anybody heard any new/rumors of College Football unform changes for 2006?

I know about Ohio State, and Rice is getting new uniforms.

Anybody else? Alternates? Overhauls?

i know one thing, I'd love the Irish to go back to the jerseys in your sig. I grew up with the Irish having the ND on the sleeves (and also the Champion font on the torso), so the current versions look funny to me, like we got a shipment of Navy jerseys by mistake :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Has anybody heard any new/rumors of College Football unform changes for 2006?

I know about Ohio State, and Rice is getting new uniforms.

Anybody else? Alternates? Overhauls?

i know one thing, I'd love the Irish to go back to the jerseys in your sig. I grew up with the Irish having the ND on the sleeves (and also the Champion font on the torso), so the current versions look funny to me, like we got a shipment of Navy jerseys by mistake :D

I agree with you. Notre Dame doesn't look right in their current uniforms. Need the ND on the sleeve. The current set is too generic.

Archived