NCAA Football Uniform Changes

tjpskillz34

Has anybody heard any new/rumors of College Football unform changes for 2006?

I know about Ohio State, and Rice is getting new uniforms.

Anybody else? Alternates? Overhauls?

45_DenverBroncos.jpg.jpg

Please bring me some defense this offseason!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Illinois is supposed to get new uniforms. I've heard on Illiniboard that they're supposed to be a cross between Virginia Tech and Denver Broncos. This is just a rumor no one has seen any pictures. Someone posted that they saw them in the Illinois locker room. The basketball team was supposed to have new uniforms this year too, so we see if this really happens.

Rumor has it that USF is going to get new ones with Nike finally coming aboard. Last year's "new ones" were pretty much awful as far as new uniforms go.

Now if only we can get the correct helmets....

SigReflect.png

"Add Illinois to the list of teams unveiling new helmets for the upcoming 2005 season. The word "Illinois", printed in white on the orange helmets, will now be trimmed in blue, according to the Peoria Journal Star.

The word "Illinois" will now appear on the helmet in a fashion similar to this logo (without the block "I" behind it). Past Illinois football helmets can be viewed at The Helmet Project.

Head coach Ron Zook also plans to replace the old black shoes players wore in past seasons with white Nikes, according to the same Journal Star report. Zook plans a further redesign of the Illini uniforms for the 2006 season."

Link to Illinois details

ucnu112sig.png

Oklahoma State will be switching from this:

132256626_05fc36d656.jpg

132256610_1342ff4ad5.jpg

To something closely resembling this:

136777300_69824cc18d.jpg

137963160_99c9458f73.jpg

The new uniforms haven't been officially unveiled yet, but many of the details have been leaked to the public. I made the two concepts above based on the leaked information and was told by a source that they were almost identical to the real deal. That being said, I don't particularly like the colored side panels; I assume they'll be used with the broad pant stripes to create one long stripe going down the side of the entire uniform. However, that means that the only sets where the side stripes will match would be the monochrome looks. As for the rest of the uniform, it is intended to be somewhat of a throwback to those worn during the 1984-86 seasons.

132256555_e6df0798e0_m.jpg

I love that OSU's coach mentioned wanting to get rid of that goofy number font, and now they actually are. Side panels or not, it's a HUGE improvement.

Yeah, changing the wacky "calculator" numbers to traditional block numbers is major improvement, as well as returning the player names to the backs of the jerseys. Coach Gundy got some big cheers when he announced those two changes at a couple of the Caravan fan meetings across the state.

"Add Illinois to the list of teams unveiling new helmets for the upcoming 2005 season. The word "Illinois", printed in white on the orange helmets, will now be trimmed in blue, according to the Peoria Journal Star.

The word "Illinois" will now appear on the helmet in a fashion similar to this logo (without the block "I" behind it). Past Illinois football helmets can be viewed at The Helmet Project.

Head coach Ron Zook also plans to replace the old black shoes players wore in past seasons with white Nikes, according to the same Journal Star report. Zook plans a further redesign of the Illini uniforms for the 2006 season."

Link to Illinois details

I think you're like, a year behind on your news.

Personally, I'm hoping for a complete overhaul of Illinois uniforms. I'd even welcome Miami looking ones. With such a great color scheme, they've never put a very attractive look on the field since the days of Red Grange. Perhaps since the Bears stole their colors, they should steal the Bear's unis?

I would love new helmets, new everything. They can keep the orange pants since its the only piece of tradition the program really has. But even if they dumped those I wouldn't care.

Same can be said of the Basketball team.

Based on some advertising I've had sent to me, I'd guess Ole Miss might be wearing the red jerseys more next season.

I think Ole Miss should wear their red jerseys a lot more often, maybe even make it their primary jersey. It's a great looking uniform, IMO.

132512961_6c60addf42_o.jpg

Based on some advertising I've had sent to me, I'd guess Ole Miss might be wearing the red jerseys more next season.

I think Ole Miss should wear their red jerseys a lot more often, maybe even make it their primary jersey. It's a great looking uniform, IMO.

132512961_6c60addf42_o.jpg

I am not sure of those red uniforms....

it makes the QB look like he has a slow and stupid look on his face B)

Link to Illinois details

I think you're like, a year behind on your news.

No, he's not. Read the last sentence of his post...it's confirming that changes for 2006 were made last year, so rumors of a change for Illinois at least have some merit.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived