NCAA Football Uniform Changes

tjpskillz34

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the nickname change, presumably Louisiana-Monroe will be getting new uniforms and a new helmet design.

I did hear the Louisiana-Monroe is getting new uniforms, including a new helmet design.

45_DenverBroncos.jpg.jpg

Please bring me some defense this offseason!!!

If that Nebraska jersey is indeed true - that thing will be beautiful. Great move for a tradition rich school. The only thing that bothers me are the TV numbers on the sleeve. They are too small. Should move them to the shoulder or just get rid of them all together - they aren't required by the NCAA.

Based on some advertising I've had sent to me, I'd guess Ole Miss might be wearing the red jerseys more next season.

I think Ole Miss should wear their red jerseys a lot more often, maybe even make it their primary jersey. It's a great looking uniform, IMO.

132512961_6c60addf42_o.jpg

I was at that game and, man, it seems like it was a million years ago. That win capped off a 10 win season, something we haven't been able to combine to do the last 2 seasons. Time will be a changing though, '06 will be pretty rough (6-6 would be fine), then on to '07 and contention!

In action, I think red jerseys look the best. I love how it meshes with the blue helmets. At least we have navy blue instead of the powder of the 80s and early 90s when a MAC school probably spent more on athletics than we did!

I was at that game and, man, it seems like it was a million  years ago.

I was there too (I was the one in orange :D). That was a fun game, would've been even better for my tastes if Les Miles, in all his infinite wisdom, would have decided to start airing it out to the seemingly unstoppable Rashaun Woods earlier than when our backs were against the wall.

132512963_74a6510063_o.jpg

Still love this picture, Orange Power vs Hotty Toddy:

132512964_42e3d04a8c_o.jpg

I was at that game and, man, it seems like it was a million  years ago.

I was there too (I was the one in orange :D). That was a fun game, would've been even better for my tastes if Les Miles, in all his infinite wisdom, would have decided to start airing it out to the seemingly unstoppable Rashaun Woods earlier than when our backs were against the wall.

132512963_74a6510063_o.jpg

Still love this picture, Orange Power vs Hotty Toddy:

132512964_42e3d04a8c_o.jpg

I was really impressed with the OSU fans, great group and I'd love to have a home-and-home in the future.

I've seen that pic before, it's awesome, but I wish the Ole Miss fans had just worn one of the primary colors. I think I wore red, can't remember.

Based on some advertising I've had sent to me, I'd guess Ole Miss might be wearing the red jerseys more next season.

I think Ole Miss should wear their red jerseys a lot more often, maybe even make it their primary jersey. It's a great looking uniform, IMO.

132512961_6c60addf42_o.jpg

I was at that game and, man, it seems like it was a million years ago. That win capped off a 10 win season, something we haven't been able to combine to do the last 2 seasons. Time will be a changing though, '06 will be pretty rough (6-6 would be fine), then on to '07 and contention!

In action, I think red jerseys look the best. I love how it meshes with the blue helmets. At least we have navy blue instead of the powder of the 80s and early 90s when a MAC school probably spent more on athletics than we did!

OT, but though I love Ole Miss's jerseys (both red and blue) it's always driven me nuts that the middle shoulder stripe isn't the contrasting color. The middle stripe on the red jerseys should be red and vice versa. That would give a little more continuity to whole uniform.

g_emanning_vi.jpg

p1_eli_manning_getty.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Nebraska 'Apparently' changing sleeve design from two thick stripes

lga39a0n6red.jpg

to 3...

31-59601-f.jpg

Not official but the jersey is labeled authentic and made licsensed from adidas.

Here

dammit...now I can't bitch about the Badgers looking like Nebraska anymore :D

on another hand, everybody thinks Northwestern striping's a great idea (including me)...except Northwestern itself :wacko:

heh, this gives me an idea...

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Illinois is supposed to get new uniforms. I've heard on Illiniboard that they're supposed to be a cross between Virginia Tech and Denver Broncos. This is just a rumor no one has seen any pictures. Someone posted that they saw them in the Illinois locker room. The basketball team was supposed to have new uniforms this year too, so we see if this really happens.

This might not be true but I heard somewhere locally that the Auburn Jersey would be the same except for orange piping on the sode of the jersey.

See, that's what I HATE about the current road uniform.

The true, traditional, historical Ole Miss jersey is either red or blue with two solid white stripes going all around. The road jersey is a white jersey with red (no outline) numbers and stripes.

So far, we're halfway there...

Nike put out a horrible set for the 2000 season, it was improved in 2001 and 2002 (still had numbers on the sleeves --- Ole Miss DOES NOT have numbers on the sleeves), but didn't get truly back to the old school way (save for the outline) until 2003 (pics from above).

http://www.jasonbaker.net is an excellent sorce for sort of a photo history of Ole Miss uniforms in action since 1998.

I have some friends in the AU football equipment room, and they say that there aren't supposed to be any changes to the football uniform. Of course things could change, but as of now it is supposed to be the same as last year. Other than football, I do look forward to seeing what changes Under Armour is going to make with our Baseball and Basketball teams. I bet it will look sharp.

I heard Wake Forest was getting new jerseys this season. They are supposed to be similar to Missouri's jerseys.

That seems odd since we got new ones last year with the gold numbers....

Yeah, but true. Nike is pushing their jerseys with the new material, and Wake decided to take 'em. I think we will still have the gold numbers though...

I have some friends in the AU football equipment room, and they say that there aren't supposed to be any changes to the football uniform. Of course things could change, but as of now it is supposed to be the same as last year. Other than football, I do look forward to seeing what changes Under Armour is going to make with our Baseball and Basketball teams. I bet it will look sharp.

I think they're going to these:

AuburnU_au_football_jersey.jpg

AuburnU_uniform_progression.jpg

The sad part is, at the time these were "leaked", nobody had a hard time believing these were legit.

At least the socks were Paul-Lukas approved.

Archived