Reds wearing red?

Cianfrocco

It's been discussed many times before, but I found some pictures of what the Reds could look like. I actually like the home uniforms now that they have pretty much gotten rid of the black, but they still always wear black on the road. In the Arizona Fall League, minor leaguers wear their MLB affiliates' uniforms, and it looks like the Reds players all wore red last year. So here's hoping the big club notices how much better these look:

hanigan_ryan_03_afl_05_we.jpg

hanigan_ryan_05_afl_05_we.jpg

howard_kevin_afl_05_12_we.jpg

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Cincinnati, your road uni has just been improved by a factor of 3,000.

Hey, look! The armhole trim has a point now!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

i just want a Reds 59/50 thats all black with a red "c"

like their bp hats just in a 59/50. the bp hats dont fit me worth a dern.

Yeah my bp hats don't fit well either. They are loose around the ears.

Back on topic: I think the red undershirt and red hat would improve the uniform tenfold.

It's been discussed many times before, but I found some pictures of what the Reds could look like. I actually like the home uniforms now that they have pretty much gotten rid of the black, but they still always wear black on the road. In the Arizona Fall League, minor leaguers wear their MLB affiliates' uniforms, and it looks like the Reds players all wore red last year. So here's hoping the big club notices how much better these look:

hanigan_ryan_03_afl_05_we.jpg

hanigan_ryan_05_afl_05_we.jpg

howard_kevin_afl_05_12_we.jpg

ive never seen that hat before? what is it for? what is it a flower?

ive never seen that hat before? what is it for? what is it a flower?

as mentioned in the first post, Fall League players wear their parent clubs' jerseys and pants. they apparently don't feel like springing for different uniforms, so they merely use different hats.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I wish the Reds would do this.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Nice Impovement , like I have said a number of times a month or so ago I was watching the nats & Reds in at Bw3's & for 2 inning I didn't realize the Nats were the ones in all Red & the Red's were in gray & black . :wacko:

Please do go back to the Red REDSSSSSSSSSS .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

That hat is the Mesa Solar Sox

Here are the other AFL Caps

Peoria Saguaros

pMLB2-1762633th.gif

Surprise Scorpions ( I think they are going back to Scottsdale this year)

pMLB2-1679998th.gif

Phoenix Desert Dogs

681007.jpg

Grand Canyon Rafters

68100299.jpg

Peoria Javelinas

68100404.jpg

I was the PA announcer for the Scottsdale Scorpions in 2002-2004. I did not work there this past year as the stadium was under renovation, but the Scorpions are coming back there this year I believe so I'll be back there.

I also have announced the AFL Championship game during those years

Of course, now that the Reds will apparently be switching to navy as a second color, any discussion of what they should do with black is meaningless, but I agree with you who like this look. It's too bad that didn't do this from the get-go beginning in '99.

I'm hoping the '07 uniforms will use navy only sparingly, and that the team will wear all-red caps and red undershirts home AND road. I read somewhere that new Reds owner Bob Castellini wants his team in all-red caps all time, but we'll see. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

It's too bad that didn't do this from the get-go beginning in '99.

But isn't this what they did go with at the get go? Then they switched the next season to what they have now, I believe.

It's too bad that didn't do this from the get-go beginning in '99.

But isn't this what they did go with at the get go? Then they switched the next season to what they have now, I believe.

no, that's a style guide error, like the Dodgers' blue sleeves and the Royals' road vests having blue sleeves instead of black. with the latter example, they never got around to getting it right.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived