Illustrating "high social standing"

OrangeCrush

I'm trying to develop a sports logo that depicts "high social standing and cultivated intellect and taste". I'm thinking of doing something along the lines of a 19th century aristocrat but; I wanted to ask you guys if you had any thoughts or suggestions. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and help.

TexasAggiessig.jpg

PROUDEST MEMBER OF THE FIGHTIN' TEXAS AGGIE CLASS OF 2005... WHOOP!

Top hat, cane and a pair of white gloves have been the traditional representation.

That or something like a classical Greek or Roman sculpture or representation.

FsQiF2W.png

...or, instead of being cheesy, you could base it off of a very refined, exact fontface, with some small edits to make it distinctive. A solo initial is very refined. Clean is classy, remember.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I picture an elephant with a top hat and monocle. Of course, if you base the graphic on intellectuals on campus, this graphic is a good starting point.

Democraticlogo.jpg

:D

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

...or, instead of being cheesy, you could base it off of a very refined, exact fontface, with some small edits to make it distinctive. A solo initial is very refined. Clean is classy, remember.

Amen.

I also see a 19th century baseball player... handlebar moustache, pinstripes...

maybe filigree designs...

copperplate lettering...

line weights that look as if they were drawn with a fountain pen (proper stress)...

I think earth tones would be good, especially browns and burgundy...

• 2 weeks later...
I'm trying to develop a sports logo that depicts "high social standing and cultivated intellect and taste".

so probably not the White Sox logo

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived