The NHL Off-season

I would be surprised if he didn't. Babcock probably knows Giguere and what he can do better than any other member of the Wings. B)

Play inconsistantly? ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would be surprised if he didn't. Babcock probably knows Giguere and what he can do better than any other member of the Wings.  B)

Play inconsistantly? ^_^

Live off of one good postseason?

Red Wings will look at a number of starting goalies

IMO, the Wings should look at an upgrade in starting goaltending. Legace is a fine goaltender in the regular season, but hasn't been able to turn excellent regular seasons into excellent playoff performances. I know, the rest of the Wings didn't exactly play that well during the playoffs, but I saw a lot of soft, back-breaking goals allowed against Edmonton. Also, I don't believe that Osgood is the answer for starter either.

I imagine either Ozzie or Legace will return as a backup, and the Wings will go after one of the goalies listed. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing either Luongo or Giguere in the red and white next year. :D

As for the rest of the team, I wouldn't mind seeing Shanahan leave. I'm getting tired of seeing him score 30-40 goals during the regular season, then disappear off the face of the earth during the playoffs. :cursing:

Which of those goalies do you prefer the Wings sign?

Me? Biron would be great in Motown IMO.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

The Devils need to re-sign everyone. They cannot let elias or gomez go. If they do that I think they are going to have a great year if Elias is healthy and if gomez and gionta play as well as this year. They need to upgrade their D though.

The Leafs appear to have officially f***ed themselves for five years.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

HA! HA!

nelson.gif

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

HA! HA!

nelson.gif

I will build on your "HA HA" by bursting out into tears.

We have officially screwed ourselves over. I would have taken him back for 4 million. 4.5 without a no trade clause. He is NOT worth 5.5 or 6 million, he has done NOTHING to prove he is one of the elite defencemen in the league besides scoring a few goals. Hell, he should move to right wing because hes useless in the back end for preventing goals. They will regret this signing...about 10 million spend on 2 defencemen...and I thought this team was turning around...oh once again they have proven me wrong by over paying for players. First Belfour before the lockout, now McCabe after the lockout...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

HA! HA!

nelson.gif

I will build on your "HA HA" by bursting out into tears.

We have officially screwed ourselves over. I would have taken him back for 4 million. 4.5 without a no trade clause. He is NOT worth 5.5 or 6 million, he has done NOTHING to prove he is one of the elite defencemen in the league besides scoring a few goals. Hell, he should move to right wing because hes useless in the back end for preventing goals. They will regret this signing...about 10 million spend on 2 defencemen...and I thought this team was turning around...oh once again they have proven me wrong by over paying for players. First Belfour before the lockout, now McCabe after the lockout...

I retract my earlier statement. In it's place: Just fire Fergie! That guy must've been asleep when this "New NHL" thing came around.

Florida Panthers prority #1:

RE-SIGN ROBERTO LUONGO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

After that:

Get some scorers that will compliment Olli Jokinen and Joe Nieuwendyk.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

After that:

He's going to Montreal, everyone knows that. Why else did they dump Jose?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

For the Devils:

1: Resign Elias. This is a no brainer

2. Trade Mogilny and try to void Malakhovs contract so they don't get count against the cap next year. I'm sure the a team like the Leafs are dumb enough to take Mogilny back.

3. Resign Gomez, Gionta, Langenbrunner

4. If there is any money left sign a defenseman who is reliable and that can shoot a one timer from the point.

5. Get a head coach.

After that:

If Luongo leaves so will the fans. You can take that to the bank. Florida will offer him a huge contract.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

After that:

If Luongo leaves so will the fans. You can take that to the bank. Florida will offer him a huge contract.

He will stay if they give him:

1. CRAP loads of $$

2. Short term contract

3. A Gaurentee they will win games and get to the playoffs buy signing/trading for players.

If those aren't met, be ready to order your customized Habs Luongo jersey.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Flyers:

Get rid of dead weight (see: Therien, Brashear)

Trade Esche for something so Nitty can take over full time

Get faster so we don't get bitch slapped by teams like the Sabres

Sign a top defensemen like Redden

Get better doctors

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

For the Devils:

1: Resign Elias. This is a no brainer

2. Trade Mogilny and try to void Malakhovs contract so they don't get count against the cap next year. I'm sure the a team like the Leafs are dumb enough to take Mogilny back.

3. Resign Gomez, Gionta, Langenbrunner

4. If there is any money left sign a defenseman who is reliable and that can shoot a one timer from the point.

5. Get a head coach.

I though mogilny was dropped by the devils earlier this season. I wish Lou Amarillo would continue to be head coach but hes already said a million time that he won't

The Predators' strategy is transparent as you can get:

1. Keep key playmakers (Kariya and Sullivan, particularly)

2. Keep key defensive players (Vokoun, Timonen)

3. Nurture young talent (Hamhuis, Suter, the entire lineup of the Milwaukee Admirals, plus Alexander Radulov incoming from the Remparts)

I'd like to see us keep Perrault too. Mike Sillinger did well this year; worthy of consideration, anyway.

Basically, sign everyone; hope Vokoun doesn't injure himself again (though Chris Mason did better than everyone expected him to in the playoffs, and Pekka Rinne is pretty freaking excellent in Milwaukee at the moment. I'm still convinced our biggest problem in the postseason was confidence after losing Vokoun. Odd that we couldn't shake that even after winning game 1).

We could probably use a couple more big guys, but we've got a nice even spread of youth and veterans.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

Now onto the Thrashers' needs:

1. Defense: The team needs a good mix of defensive-minded bangers and speedy, offensive skaters. The team needs to re-sign their top defenseman from last season in Nic Havelid. Garnett Exelby was steady defensively and is the team's best natural hitter. Steve McCarthy and Greg de Vries were the two best offensive D-men from last year. Andy Sutton isn't top-2 D-man material, but he'll hit you and score some goals; he just needs consistancy. Waddell needs to find a way to get rid of Modry and/or Hnidy. Let's see if Coburn or Kloucek are NHL-ready.

2. Goalie: When he's healthy, Lehtonen is solid and gives the team a chance to win each game, especially when the spotlight is on him. Michael Garnett showed that he is able to handle playing in the NHL, with having back-to-back shutouts against playoff teams New Jersey and Montreal. If either happens to injure a groin (seems like everyone did) or something, the team still has depth at goalie.

3. Forwards: Unless Savard tell his agent he is willing to get a hometown discount to stay, he's probably not going to be in a Thrashers sweater next season. But the Thrashers still have Holik and Jim Slater, will likely re-sign Patrik Stefan, and use either Serge Aubin or Derk MacKenzie for the energy and grinding lines.

These are the players the Thrashers currently have under contract: Kovalchuk, Hossa, Holik, de Vries, Kozlov, Sutton, Modry, Slater, Hnidy, and Exelby; totaling about $28 million after all the quirks of the cap are settled.

Thrash need to fire Don Waddell especially before he releases yet another good player. Isn't that Steve Staois and Frank Kaberle playing in the Stanley Cup Final?? They also need to just get rid of Stefan, if they can get anything for him great, if not then so be it. You're right on about Modry, he is terrible and apparently missed the meeting where they mentioned the rule changes. Coburn should be given a chance, but not Kloucek he is pretty bad. Savard is as good as gone but it is not that big of a deal, he did cost us almost as many games as he won by taking bad penalties in the last five minutes of games. Richards just resigned for more than 5 million a year and Savard had more points than him and will be asking for a similar price. I know it's a long shot, but if the Avs clean house like it is rumored, the Thrash should take a shot at Sakic. 99% of me believes he will stay in Colorado, but if he is going to go anywhere else it would be to play for Hartley. Oh, and a bionic leg for Lehtonen would be nice too ^_^

Archived