Eagles to wear black jerseys sunday vs. giants

philly97flyer

the eagles are going to wear black jerseys sunday vs. the giants at home. i heard people talking about it on 610 WIP the local sports radio station. still no word on what pants they'll be wearing, but hopefully, it'll be the green.

EDIT: btw, you can view the jerseys at the eagles official online team store. theres a link on their website www.philadelphiaeagles.com

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I like the "madness" it gives fans more choice when they buy jerseys and it mixes things up a little bit. While I haven't seen an alternate that I like better than the regular home jersey in the NFL yet, I don't think that they dilute the identity of the teams and they help make special occasions a little bit more special IMO.

I look forward to seeing these, although I hope they go with white pants.

this may have covered already but...

who decides uni colors in the NFL? i'm thinking home team makes the call, since our "home" has been white early in the season (hot late summer/fall), and black in the later (colder) time of year. then you throw in the whole alt schemes and you never know what to expect.

is there really a big temprature difference between jersey colors?

didn't a Cali team take a $$ penalty for last minute switching uni choice on a visitor and caused a fashion fiasco?

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

actually, the broncos got fined for deciding at the last minute to just bring their white jerseys to san diego, forcing the chargers to wear their navy jerseys.  this shouldn't have happened, seeing as home team has first choice and the bolts had originally chosen to wear white.  when summer comes back around, leave something white and something black outside for a little while.  you'll feel the difference.

and anyone remember those reversible fashion jerseys?  those were being sold around the same time as all those black fashion jerseys...anyways, i remember they had home/away and team color/black versions as far as football ones.  i knew someone who every now and then wore an eagles one that was green on one side and black on the other...this person always wore the black side, and i figured it would be a good on-field look.  always wanted a black version too.  i figure now i can get one  :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

and anyone remember those reversible fashion jerseys? those were being sold around the same time as all those black fashion jerseys...anyways, i remember they had home/away and team color/black versions as far as football ones. i knew someone who every now and then wore an eagles one that was green on one side and black on the other...this person always wore the black side, and i figured it would be a good on-field look. always wanted a black version too. i figure now i can get one :D

how would you explain these?

pG01-919994reg.jpg

i know, it's just for fans only... but how confusing could it get with two teams, similar colors, with something like this on? ugh!

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Those are the "split" jerseys...some of them actually don't look too bad (for a fashion jersey...please NEVER wear one of those on the field)...

Yeah, I remember those reversible team color/black jerseys, my friend had a Favre...the black really didn't look that bad. I wouldn't mind a Young or Rice black alternate just to add to my jersey collection.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

pG01-919233reg.jpg

I think the jersey itself looks pretty good. But we'll just have to wait and see what the whole uniform will look like.

That's a sweet jersey right there. I hope they're worn with white pants. Please, no green.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

pG01-919233reg.jpg

I think the jersey itself looks pretty good. But we'll just have to wait and see what the whole uniform will look like.

that's it, i'm gonna order one...don't know when but i gotta order this :cool:

2016cubscreamsig.png

The jerseys will have the same problems with the Sharks alternate.  All you will see is the white from TV views.  So overall, it will look plain.  The jersey though is nice.  Good use of green.

Those Half and Half jerseys remind me of the imfamous BYU "Bib" jerseys.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I hate the Eagles, but even this is too much...

Listening toi SNR today (Sporting News Radio), they had some useless Eagles player onthere, and they brought up this topic, and the man did not sound enthused about the prospects of wearing the jersey.

It is hideous. This must end.

---J. Quincy's Fantasy NFL Rulebook-------------------------

NFL Rule XXX-Xxx

No NFL team may have more than two uniform sets. A home Uniform consisting of a Helmet, Jersey, Pants, and Socks, and an away uniform with all of the above. Before the season each team must report it's designated home and away uniform color sets. No NFL team may deviate from this. Alternate colored pants will NOT be permitted. Alternate colored jerseys will NOT be permitted. Alternate sock patterns will NOT be permitted. Alternate Helmet colors or designs will NOT be permitted. Throwback uniforms may be worn with NFL approval (Anniversary, Thanksgiving, ect.)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

---Avenger's Fantasy NFL Rulebook-------------------------

NFL Rule XXX-Xxx (The friggen' 21st Century rule)

As a franchise owner, especially one who's dropped millions of dollars for the right to own your team, you may have as many uniform combinatations as you see fit. The National Football League trusts you not to make an ass of yourself and your team, but if you do it's really no skin off of our back. You're the one that has to answer to your fans.

Furthermore, the League sees no reason why the teams that have been able to do the whole alternate jersey thang well should be penalized by teams that do it poorly, without sufficient market research, or in just plain poor taste (Cleveland, we're looking at you). The League understands that when done correctly, alternate jerseys can be good for your retailers, your fans, your bottom line, and your brand identity, and therefore a positive thing. Just run it past us so we can make sure your not putting dirty words on 'em. We do want to be family friendly, you know.

One last thing, feel free to have socks that are another color than white. It is no longer the 1940s, and as far as we are concerned, there is no reason to limit your marketing staff's creativity by enforcing an archaic and obtuse rule, one that is totally arbitrary and that bears no real signifigance.

(and while I'm at it)

NFL Rule XXX-Xxx (The Naked Cheerleader rule)

Chearleaders from the following division are not only encouraged, but required to wear no clothing:

AFC West

AFC South (excluding Indianapolis)

NFC West

NFC South

Conversely, those paisty, beef & cheese-fed cheerleaders from either conference's Northern divisions are required to wear mumus. While the league encourages jiggling out of other cheerleaders, we don't want to see your forarms doing it.

Thank you, that is all. :;):

(and while I'm at it)

Chearleaders from the following division are not only encouraged, but required to wear no clothing:

AFC West

NFC West

NFC South

Conversely, those paisty, beef & cheese-fed cheerleaders from either conference's Northern divisions are required to wear mumus. While the league encourages jiggling out of other cheerleaders, we don't want to see your forarms doing it.

Yo, my friend, are my new hero.

More -------- black.  I think they should be forced to wear these w/ the green pants.  I mean, why be only kinda garish when you can be ------- hideous?

And what's more, they should be forced to wear the Buffalo Bills' helmet.  Now, w/ EXTRA BLUE STRIPES!  Black, green, red, white, blue.  ----------.

I am FAR more upset by the goofy drop-shadowed number on the shoulder with a tiny team logo on the sleeve trend than I am by this jersey.

Put pro-style #s on it (green/black/white) and return the TV numbers to the sleeves, and you've got yourself a pretty sweet jersey.

(and while I'm at it)

AFC West

NFC West

NFC South

I think it should be on a team-by-team basis.

beautiful, kev.  simply beautiful.  i know many of you don't like this, but come on, it's only for TWO freakin games!  it's not like they're changing to royal blue and red.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived