Winnipeg's One Night Stand

NickNickNick

September 17 Coyotes vs. the Edmonton Oilers...

think they'll bust out a Jets throwback?

www.tsn.ca/nhl for the link...

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

I think the Coyotes would bust out Jets Throwbacks. I think they would wear them to show the history of the Winnipeg Jets/Phoenix Coyotes.

I think the Coyotes would bust out Jets Throwbacks. I think they would wear them to show the history of the Winnipeg Jets/Phoenix Coyotes.

The ideal combo would be throwback Jets jerseys against throwback Oilers. And of course, the Jets would get to wear the home white. If that isn't how they do it, it will be one hell of a waste of a promotion.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The ideal combo would be throwback Jets jerseys against throwback Oilers. And of course, the Jets would get to wear the home white. If that isn't how they do it, it will be one hell of a waste of a promotion.

well if they do sport the throwbacks, it'll be one hell of a PR move by Phoenix.

Didn't Colorado play a pre-season game in Quebec City this year?

I recall seeing the former Nords players wearing Nordiques jerseys during the pre-game skate.

I think it was the last season, Sakic, Foresberg and one other player warmed up in the old blue sweaters. Don't think they can pull that off with the Coyotes since everyone's moved one since they moved

Didn't Colorado play a pre-season game in Quebec City this year?

I recall seeing the former Nords players wearing Nordiques jerseys during the pre-game skate.

I think it was the last season, Sakic, Foresberg and one other player warmed up in the old blue sweaters. Don't think they can pull that off with the Coyotes since everyone's moved one since they moved

...except doan.

I don't know how Phoenix wearing the Jets jerseys would go over.

On the one hand, people in Winnipeg would cheer on paint drying if it had a Jets jersey on.

On the other hand, when they left, Phoenix was seen as the great evil (along with Gary Bettman). People in Winnipeg don't really accept the fact that the Coyotes are the former Jets... especially since even lifetimers like Numminen have moved on. Shane Doan was just a fresh-faced rookie when the team was packing the boxes up, and while he would get some cheers, most people don't identify with him as a Jet.

Regardless, I'll be there, and I'll be in blue, red, and white.

Wouldn't it be sweet to have a white out? The place would rock!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Darren Ford, from the Return of the Jets Campaign, will be organizing to promote this event as a showcase to show Winnipeg as a future NHL market. I would be surprised if a whiteout wasn't part of that.

I agree with SyPhi. As a former 'Pegger, I stopped cheering for the team the second they left Winnipeg. I think most Winnipeggers are kind of happy to see the Coyotes fail (they've had even less playoff success than the Jets did). I know if they had won a cup the year after they left (the way it went down in Quebec) I would have cried.

Most Winnipeggers now cheer for any Canadian team.. just to see the cup come back to Canada. If the Oilers win the cup, you may just see alot of Oiler jerseys in the crowd instead of Jets jerseys.

Well, Edmonton currently has Igor Ulanov on their roster, he was a Jet for three seasons. I highly doubt he will be on theirs, or any NHL roster next season but just for right now that's at least two former Jets. Too bad they couldn't play the Ducks so Teemu could make an appearance. Its hard to believe his career has actually been downhill since his Jets days.

plr257x1.jpg

i was never a fan of ulanov when he played for the jets, so if he's no longer an oiler when september rolls around it'll be no big loss. i do agree that phoenix vs anaheim would make for an interesting game though, because of selanne as well as randy carlyle.

I'd like to see NHL hockey go back to Winnepeg, but it'd be a shame if it was a storied franchise like the Penguins that moved. Pick one of these cities where no one cares about hockey (like, say Nashville or Anaheim) and move them. Unfortunately, they have arena deals that will keep them in those cities.

Darren Ford, from the Return of the Jets Campaign, will be organizing to promote this event as a showcase to show Winnipeg as a future NHL market.

While I sympathize with Winnipeg for losing the Jets people have to realize that the NHL will not place a franchise or allow a franchise to move there because the MTS Centre only holds 15,015 for hockey. There's no way a gate driven league like the NHL would put a team in an arena that has 3,000 to 4,000 fewer seats than what an NHL calibre arena should have thus limiting their revenue.

Darren Ford, from the Return of the Jets Campaign, will be organizing to promote this event as a showcase to show Winnipeg as a future NHL market. I would be surprised if a whiteout wasn't part of that.

Most Winnipeggers now cheer for any Canadian team.. just to see the cup come back to Canada. If the Oilers win the cup, you may just see alot of Oiler jerseys in the crowd instead of Jets jerseys.

Darren Ford can do whatever he likes, the fact remains that he doesn't realize that he won't be responsible for any of the credit if by some fluke the NHL returns to Winnipeg. Hate to break it to you, jetsowner fans, but Revenues for the NHL were higher than anticipated; that means the salary cap (and floor, for that matter) goes up next year. We might have had a go at it when the floor was at $30 M, but if it goes to $34 or $35, not a chance.

Also, it shames me as a Winnipegger that so many people in this town are so quick to hop on the bandwagon of a team that we have been bitter rivals of since 1972. OF course, it also pains me to see so many Leaf jerseys in this town, but whatever, that's paternal and CBC brainwashing of the populace for ya.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

OF course, it also pains me to see so many Leaf jerseys in this town, but whatever, that's paternal and CBC brainwashing of the populace for ya.

Heyyy man, nothing wrong with our brothers to the west showing their love for Canada's team. ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

OF course, it also pains me to see so many Leaf jerseys in this town, but whatever, that's paternal and CBC brainwashing of the populace for ya.

Heyyy man, nothing wrong with our brothers to the west showing their love for Canada's team. ^_^

*ahem* the self-proclaimed Canada's team.

Sorry, but Leaf fans and the CBC forget there's life outside of the GTA.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived