Original 6 redo #1- Maple Leafs

zig

I decided to redo some nhl teams starting with the original 6. I have made modern versions on some classic jerseys. I do not wish that these teams would change to these uniforms but I am simply showing new versions. I know these will get Criticized by die hard hockey fans and torontonians will shoot them selves in the head if they change to these. Well any way i decided to post them and first up are the mapple leafs. C&C please

MapleLeafsnew2.png

Wow. You took the two things I hate most about Toronto's jerseys (there isn't much to hate) and made a concept out of it.

TML Logo=Bad

Silver=Bad

Better luck next time, kid.

thats sort of what im trying to do. I am trying to make new identities for original six teams so for the maple leafs i have abandoned their classic leaf logo and replaced it with thier tm logo. I don't like the tm logo that much either and i don't want silver on a leafs jersey but like i said im trying to make new identeties like if they abandoned their heritage

"HIJKL"?

Is that Qwerty Hijkl?

Or his brother Asdef?

The silver's okay.

The TML logo is not a good one--not blaming you--you didn't design it.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Why on earth would the Leafs want to abandon their heritage, and what reason do you have for giving the original six teams new identities other than boredom?

Seriously, I think there should rules for concepts that serve no purpose other than one's personal enjoyment. If you want C&C on a concept it should involve a logo you designed or an identity that you improved upon and you should intelligently discuss why you are doing so.

example - I think the Leafs need an exciting new look because they are moving into a new building and their fanbase is getting younger.

Please don't be offended when I say this, but your concept is mere doodling. It serves no purpose other than your own entertainment and no serious thought has been put into it. C&C is simply not neccesary.here

What possible C&C could one give for this concept regardless?

"uh I think if you moved the blue stripe a bit it might look meaner"

think about it.

I'm not saying don't post your concepts but be a little more honest when presenting your work. You're not trying to reinvent their identities, you're just bored.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Why on earth would the Leafs want to abandon their heritage, and what reason do you have for giving the original six teams new identities other than boredom?

Seriously, I think there should rules for concepts that serve no purpose other than one's personal enjoyment. If you want C&C on a concept it should involve a logo you designed or an identity that you improved upon and you should intelligently discuss why you are doing so.

example - I think the Leafs need an exciting new look because they are moving into a new building and their fanbase is getting younger.

Please don't be offended when I say this, but your concept is mere doodling. It serves no purpose other than your own entertainment and no serious thought has been put into it. C&C is simply not neccesary.here

think about it.

I'm not saying don't post your concepts but be a little more honest when presenting your work. You're not trying to reinvent their identities, you're just bored.

yeah i did make this because i was bored and with all the rumoured jersey changes in the nhl made me want to make some new concepts. When i wrote C&C please i wanted to know how people would react if the leafs did something like this. I was just basicly throwing this out there for people to see.

think about it.

Wow, just a bit bitter today?

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Seriously, I think there should rules for concepts that serve no purpose other than one's  personal enjoyment. If you want C&C on a concept it should involve a logo you designed or an identity that you improved upon and you should intelligently discuss why you are doing so.

think about it.

Wow, just a bit bitter today?

agreed, he did this out of boredom, he wanted to have some fun! Go back to your little box. God go get some happy pills. As for the uni's, the TML doesn't quite do it for me.

maybe someone down the line is offended by the 'Maple Leaf' and the maple leafs have to amend their jerseys and the TML was the only thing they came up with. :P:rolleyes:

i like the overall design, but it needs a stronger logo. maybe like the leafs alternate logo but outlined in silver.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I like the conept but some things are rong that probally others see it. The silver on the arm sleves really dont work. They are all about blue and white, and the only part that the silver works is around the numbers imo. Also the "tml" is a primary logo, and should stay on the shoulders. If you changed the logo, it would look good such as going back to there logo what they have ( If you want too). The Leafs really dont need changes , just a minor update what you did.

I like what you did, and you didnt go all out for the leafs, and changing the ideas imo or if others think so too, it would look even more better. Nice job on this.

4kv29i.jpg

i updated the jersey but i still left in the silver. Like i said the reason for this is to make a original 6 team have a new identity

MapleLeafsnew4.png

here is the next jersey in my original 6 concept: The chicago Black Hawks

I used their alt logo for this one, Meybe someone in the future will make the black hawks get rid of their native american logo because it might be offensive to some people so i used the other logo they have. C&C please( and to clarify on that letterform C&C on the color combos or the way the colors look on the jersey)

Blackhawksnew.png

Three black jerseys for the Blackhawks? Quite a few people here think one black jersey for the Blackhawks is more than enough. Get rid of the last two jersey concepts, they're gratuitous and dragging your whole uniform package down. Also, the color schemes are way too derivative of the Flames and Bruins.

One good thing I can say about your Blackhawks concepts are that the striping is well-proportioned. And that's about the only good thing I can say. The color hierarchy is all wrong for this team (too much emphasis on black, too much yellow as a trim color). The secondary logo does not make for a good crest, and other than political correctness, what good could possibly come from getting rid of the iconic Indian head profile?

QPR%20Sig.png

update- i got rid of one black jersey and replaced it with a red one. The whole point of this concept was not to use each teams primary logo so please don't recomend to put the original logo back. THese are supposed to be different from what they where now.

Blackhawksnewh.png

update- i got rid of one black jersey and replaced it with a red one. The whole point of this concept was not to use each teams primary logo so please don't recomend to put the original logo back. THese are supposed to be different from what they where now.

You can justify it all you want, but if removing the primary logo is a step down for the concept, you are going to hear about it from a lot of people who have a lot more design experience than you do.

Instead of using the secondary logo, why not do something a bit more old-school? For example, a modern interpretation of the Indian head in the circular logo from the actual Original Six era.

QPR%20Sig.png

You can justify it all you want, but if removing the primary logo is a step down for the concept, you are going to hear about it from a lot of people who have a lot more design experience than you do.

Instead of using the secondary logo, why not do something a bit more old-school? For example, a modern interpretation of the Indian head in the circular logo from the actual Original Six era.

i would do something like that but i really don't know how i would start it. I can't make logos at all.

If/when you do the canadiens... how are you going to do them? they have only ever had one basic logo. It has just been updated a few time. I notice you have been using the alternate logos of the teams (i.e. leafs, blackhawks) the same thing goes for the Red Wings. Basicly the same logo just updated throughout time.

just a thought though.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

If/when you do the canadiens... how are you going to do them? they have only ever had one basic logo. It has just been updated a few time. I notice you have been using the alternate logos of the teams (i.e. leafs, blackhawks) the same thing goes for the Red Wings. Basicly the same logo just updated throughout time.

just a thought though.

yeah i was looking through the canadians logo and the only alt i ever saw was a globe in 1925. Im probaly going to inverse the colors a little. For the redwings i want to add a little black to make the wheel seem more realistic

Archived