2005 MLB playoff

Dark Angel

If MLB had gone to the NFL playoff format last year. This is how it would look.

AL Wild-Card Series (3 games)

(6)Athletics vs. (3)Yankees

(5)Indians vs. (4)Red Sox

BYES

(2)Angels

(1)White Sox

NL Wild-Card series (3 games)

(6)Marlins vs. (3)Padres

(5)Phillies vs. (4)Astros

BYES

(2)Braves

(1)Cardinals

Just like in the NFL, The highest seed will play the 2 seeds while the lowest seed plays the 1 seeds.

What do you think freinds I think it's good idea how about you. (bow)

yes, it would give a chance to those teams that came so close but not enough (indians), but probably a bad idea. notice how long four rounds of the nba playoffs take.

That true, I think that the perfect solution is to cut the season down from 162 to 150 games.

Go tell the Red Sox, Cubs, Cardinals, and Yankees front offices that it would be an excellent idea to rob them of six home games and the money that comes with them. It'll go over like a fart in church.

Oh, and

(bow)

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

yes, it would give a chance to those teams that came so close but not enough (indians), but probably a bad idea. notice how long four rounds of the nba playoffs take.

That true, I think that the perfect solution is to cut the season down from 162 to 150 games.

Keep it 162 games... just schedule doubleheaders every other Sunday.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Or we could keep the playoffs at 4

Baseball's playoffs are perfect. Don't touch a thing. No best-of-7 LDS, no fourth round, and NO north/south/east/west/get rid of the wild card crap. If I see one more proposal about how we need four divisions of four and the wild card ruins baseball...

Or we could keep the playoffs at 4

or we could expand to 6, create more interest league-wide, increase attendence, and revenue, and overall just make everyone much happier

or we could not...

---

Chris Creamer

That many double-headers? I don't think so. Double-headers are hell on players, and if that accurred, expect more injuries.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Well of course you'd say that, there's no other way the Blue Jays are gonna get past the Arms Race.

2½ back after playing 20 games against the "big three" of NY/Bos/Chi without our #2 starter, with another starter at 1-8, with Halladay missing starts, with another starter on the 15-Day DL, and with our can't miss bullpen doing terrible (aside from Ryan).

Yeah, we can't get past. :rolleyes:

That many double-headers? I don't think so. Double-headers are hell on players, and if that accurred, expect more injuries.

They used to play scheduled doubleheaders all the time, I don't see why today's athletes are any more special.

---

Chris Creamer

If you really need to expand the playoffs, expand it to 5 per league and make the two Wild Card teams play off against each other, best of 3. This makes it more of a reward to win your division, as you get that extra three days or so of rest.

LvZYtbZ.png

Well of course you'd say that, there's no other way the Blue Jays are gonna get past the Arms Race.

2½ back after playing 20 games against the "big three" of NY/Bos/Chi without our #2 starter, with another starter at 1-8, with Halladay missing starts, with another starter on the 15-Day DL, and with our can't miss bullpen doing terrible (aside from Ryan).

Yeah, we can't get past. :rolleyes:

Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for the Blue Jays to shake things up, I don't think we need more than 8 playoff teams for a 162-game season.

Archived