Cincinnati Steam

Dilbert

There is a similar wood bat, collegiate league aroung the Dallas/Fort Worth area and slightly beyond. It is called the Texas Collegiate League. Wood bat leagues have cought on much more lately. They all follow the structure of the Cape Cod League.

Since when was the Ohio River one of the Great Lakes? Forgive me for being anal, but it just seems like when your league -- the Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League -- is made up of teams almost exclusively from Ohio (one Delaware-based team being the exception), perhaps the league might want to find a different name.

The Steam logo, however, is pretty nice. It makes nice use of the Cincinnati's steamboat heritage, althought I would have chosen red as the main color instead of blue. Anyways.

N.B. -- I just read that the GLSCL is 20 years old. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that its membership once more accurately reflected its namesake. Now it's just kind of silly.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Since when was the Ohio River one of the Great Lakes? Forgive me for being anal, but it just seems like when your league -- the Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League -- is made up of teams almost exclusively from Ohio (one Delaware-based team being the exception), perhaps the league might want to find a different name.

The Great Lakes League starts its season in early June and is presently comprised of 8 teams, located in 2 states (Ohio and Indiana).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but both Ohio and Indiana touch a Great Lake. Therefore the name is justified. The team in Delaware? That's means Delaware, OH, buddy.

Since when was the Ohio River one of the Great Lakes?  Forgive me for being anal, but it just seems like when your league -- the Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League -- is made up of teams almost exclusively from Ohio (one Delaware-based team being the exception), perhaps the league might want to find a different name.
The Great Lakes League starts its season in early June and is presently comprised of 8 teams, located in 2 states (Ohio and Indiana).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but both Ohio and Indiana touch a Great Lake. Therefore the name is justified. The team in Delaware? That's means Delaware, OH, buddy.

Whoops. I guess I took too quick a glance at the site.

Anywhoo....why not just rename it the Ohio Collegiate Baseball League? Of course I understand that Ohio is on Lake Erie, but a team on the Southernmost tip of Ohio that is basically in Kentucky classified as a Great Lakes team seems like a stretch to me.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

(if that's the case then nobody tell dsgitlin that the Arizona Cardinals were once in the NFC East...he might blow a fuse)

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

This Granville Settlers logo looks like a Creatively Sain creation. Yes? No?

granville.gif

EDIT: Post No. 1492 . . . Columbus sailed the ocean blue.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Whoops. I guess I took too quick a glance at the site.

Anywhoo....why not just rename it the Ohio Collegiate Baseball League? Of course I understand that Ohio is on Lake Erie, but a team on the Southernmost tip of Ohio that is basically in Kentucky classified as a Great Lakes team seems like a stretch to me.

But if the league in particular is based in Ohio, why wouldn't it have a claim to the "Great Lakes" designation?

While we're at it, why don't we rename the Atlantic Division of the NBA's Eastern Conference? Phildelphia isn't on the Atlantic Ocean, and neither is Toronto. Or the Pacific Division? Phoenix is hundreds of miles from the Pacific. :rolleyes:

I think you're taking the name a little too literally.

Yeah, that's UTEP's Miner I believe.

And thus not yours, I presume?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Correct, not mine. That is done by Francis Santaquilani. I suppose our work is kind of similar, so maybe that's why the comaprison.

I would agree. You both use fairly angular features on any people you create. And both do good work.

Archived