It's Official. Ice PIlots changing colors & logos

Geoff

"We felt it was important for the fans to have a voice in the process," said Ice Pilots President Greg Schuh. "They voted for this new look, and we are happy to be able to give the fans what they want."

Yeah, he was the GM the last season of Topeka Scarecrows Hockey in Topeka. Not the greatest. Gave us what we wanted.....an empty arena.

Haven't been able to find a story, but this is on the ECHL.com site now:

RKAg0tjZODQAAFXaOjE3789.jpg

Meh.

That's horrible; somebody needs to be fired.

Here's the story:

Ice Pilots Unveil New Logo and Colors

Pensacola, FL - The Pensacola Ice Pilots announced today that they have changed their logo and colors for the 2006-2007 Season to reflect the military background of the community. The Ice Pilots polled their fans at home games last season, giving them several different options to look at for the new logo. "We felt it was important for the fans to have a voice in the process," said Ice Pilots President Greg Schuh. "They voted for this new look, and we are happy to be able to give the fans what they want."

The team will sport the new look beginning next season. "The new look reflects our team's commitment of providing passion, intensity and heart every time we step onto the ice," said Mario Forgione, owner of the Ice Pilots. "In keeping with our philosophy of looking to the future, while being respectful of the past, the jerseys will sport the original Ice Pilots logo on the shoulder."

The new look coincides with the beginning of the Ice Pilots second decade in Pensacola. "We are proud to usher in a new era of Ice Pilots hockey," states Schuh. "We plan to keep this look and colors for a very long time."

The old/original logo is now a secondary?

:blink:

WHAT...THE...HELL...IS...THIS?!

What is going on in the city of my birth?! Someone TELL ME!!!

Okay...the original pilot, while cartoony, at least had character. (I never did know why they used so much forest green on that gy though--or how they snuck in a maroon scarf.) The second logo--I loved it, except for the colors. That's the one they should have stuck with, just recolored it.

But this new one? That looks like it needs to be a shoulder crest, NOT A PRIMARY LOGO. I mean, for Christ's sake the "P" isn't even centered!!! If you're going to have something contained within a perfect circle (follow me here), then someone tell me how whoever did this logo didn't even have the good sense to perfectly center the "P"?! That's just basic geometry right there. And the random shadows, as if to give off a 3-D effect...um...NOT...WORKING!!!

Us Pensacola natives (and true fans of the Pilots, I'd guess) are still waiting for the REAL new logo to show up...

...this is a definite DOWNGRADE. Pensacolians should arise in upheaval at this.

(This also now makes me SERIOUSLY WONDER what the new jerseys will look like...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I like it, it's simple and yet gets the message across

And that message is what, "We're the fightin' Ice Pilots of Pensacola High - rah, rah, sis-boom-bah?" This would be okay as a shoulder patch, but even then it needs work. Notice that the upper left corner of the P doesn't touch the yellow border, but the bottom left corner bleeds right into it. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Everyone thinks High School when they see this. While it looks high school esque, it also loks traditionally Naval. Which it is supposed to.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I like it, it's simple and yet gets the message across

And that message is what, "We're the fightin' Ice Pilots of Pensacola High - rah, rah, sis-boom-bah?" This would be okay as a shoulder patch, but even then it needs work. Notice that the upper left corner of the P doesn't touch the yellow border, but the bottom left corner bleeds right into it. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

Hey--there IS a Pensacola High School--and it's the Tigers, maroon & white (and sometimes gold). I know--I went there. ('Shamed to admit it though) :P

No..in all seriousness, though...this new logo I think is a real insult. MAYBE with a bit of cleaning up (you know, the actual centering of the P WITHOUT the bleeding into the circle on the bottom left), this could be a good THROBACK-TYPE logo. But as is now...it should have NEVER been accepted.

This wouldn't even work for Pensacola University. (It's actually the University of West Florida, which is IN Pensacola--but they wouldn't even accept this). For that matter, the University of 9th Avenue (also known as Cordova Tech, better known as Pensacola Junior College) wouldn't accept this.

I don't even think PHS would accept this.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Wait, it doesn't look awful. Some of the execution is poor, but the idea of having a nice simple logo, i.e. a P surrounded by the team name, is solid.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm sorry, but the new Ice Pilots logo simply sucks! It's not well executed and it's completely

uninspiring. I think they were thinking something along the lines of the Boston Bruins, or some-

thing. All they had to do was change the coloration on the previous logo and it would be cool.

They blew it! :blink:

Here's the jersey from the Pensacola newspaper

bilde0kq.jpg

Is anyone besides me thinking "specialty vintage" here?

Seriously, I wasn't exactly in love with the original Pilots jerseys, but I'd take those over these anyday!

I mean, these have their merits--navy and gold, I guess if you can't use royal blue and golden yellow, those would be the next best thing)--and the sleeve trim if half-decent. But I ain't liking the treble-clef thing at the bottom. I realize that may have some tie-in to the four stripes (or stripes period) that are on the sleeves of the uniform of naval officers (four being captain, if I'm not mistaken), but that logo on these jerseys just makes the whole thing look--it leaves a lot to be desired, let's just put it like that.

Anyone got a better shot of the crest on the road jerseys? Seems like there could be some potential here.

Pensacola0607Jerseys.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived