It's Official. Ice PIlots changing colors & logos

Geoff

# ICE PILOTS SEASON TICKET HOLDER BEACH BASH

Monday June 26th

5:30pm - 7:30pm

Capt'n Fun Beach Club (on the Boardwalk, Pensacola Beach)

* BBQ Dinner by Billy Bob's Beach BBQ

* Two (2) complimentary drink tickets

* Special appearance by 2 new Ice Pilots players

* Door Prizes

* Ice Pilots Announcements

* Unveiling of new logo & colors

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

The new stuff this past year was, in my estimation, terrible. The old colors and logo has real minor-league hockey personality and I was sad to see it go. The new stuff even looked slower on the ice.

Very interested to see the change!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

THE RESAON THEY ARE CHANGING FROM THE NEW STUFF: The team's name is the Ice Pilots, in homage to the navy and more importantly the Blue Angels. Red and black doesn't say Blue Angels.

Payno, they didn't look slower on the ice. The team just sucked. 3rd worst in the league the year after winning the Brabham Cup.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

The Brabham Cup is for the best record in the league.  Just like the President's trophy in the NHL, right?

Yup, and it seems to have the same skill at felling the winners in the playoffs. The Alaska Aces (2006) and South Carolina Stingrays (1997) are the only teams to win both the Brabham and Kelly/Riley Cups in the same season.

And ditto the sentiments about the old IcePilots logo. I loved it with the Rafales jersey. Now, to find a Brent Gretzky jersey... ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I liked the new logo they unveiled a year ago. They could've just changed the colors. The old

logo they had before that one was the same stupid formula, character holding a stick with a

wordmark in front of it partially obscuring the character. The one with the planes gave it some

pop.

• 2 weeks later...
Haven't been able to find a story, but this is on the ECHL.com site now:

RKAg0tjZODQAAFXaOjE3789.jpg

Meh.

Is that Copperplate?

And what's with the random shadows?

I don't like it, if that's the new logo.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Is this the Pensacola University Ice Pilots? That thing passes as a collegiate seal and nothing else. That's not a logo.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Haven't been able to find a story, but this is on the ECHL.com site now:

RKAg0tjZODQAAFXaOjE3789.jpg

Meh.

That's horrible; somebody needs to be fired.

That is pathetic, I mean come on. Show some potential. Ah the Brabham Cup. I remember when the Renegades were the champs back in 95-96. Held the record for most points for a while. Anyway, what they should've done was just change colors. They're affliliated with Toronto, just change the red to blue. That simple.

baltimoreravens.png

Here's the story:

Ice Pilots Unveil New Logo and Colors

Pensacola, FL - The Pensacola Ice Pilots announced today that they have changed their logo and colors for the 2006-2007 Season to reflect the military background of the community. The Ice Pilots polled their fans at home games last season, giving them several different options to look at for the new logo. "We felt it was important for the fans to have a voice in the process," said Ice Pilots President Greg Schuh. "They voted for this new look, and we are happy to be able to give the fans what they want."

The team will sport the new look beginning next season. "The new look reflects our team's commitment of providing passion, intensity and heart every time we step onto the ice," said Mario Forgione, owner of the Ice Pilots. "In keeping with our philosophy of looking to the future, while being respectful of the past, the jerseys will sport the original Ice Pilots logo on the shoulder."

The new look coincides with the beginning of the Ice Pilots second decade in Pensacola. "We are proud to usher in a new era of Ice Pilots hockey," states Schuh. "We plan to keep this look and colors for a very long time."

The old/original logo is now a secondary?

:blink:

Archived