HELP NEEDED ASAP!

gordie_delini

So I am working with Gresham Subaru to put together a logo for them. Well, they liked the first proposal I sent to them, BUT it turns out that its actuall Gresham Nissan Subaru, and I need to modify my design for that. Like I said, they really liked the first logo (posted here) and want to have the Nissan element to it. How can I work the Nissan logo, or logo elements, like I did with Subaru and combine the two effectively? Just so you guys know, my deadline on this is Friday, so I need help ASAP. Any help you guys could offer would be awesome, so thanks in advance.

Here is the logo I did for Gresham Subaru that they liked and want to add Nissan to:

Gresham-Subaru2.png

Thanks again for any help

OD_Signature.jpg

Well, since the Nissan logo is pretty much well balanced, why don't you try just fitting its text between what you currently have (with the correct font) and maybe just add something over and under that wordmark to evoke the Nissan logo as well...

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Stack em'

The toyota logo features their icon to the left, while subaru is on the right. It should balance out. If you left them as they "should" be (leave the subaru icon alone), they both are ovals, and would counter each other quite nicely.

While you still have time, you should look into both Toyota's and Subaru's graphical standards to make sure everything is up to snuff. Alot of those places have very strict standards and aren't ok with you changing the colors, esspecially making the icon and the wordmark different colors. Even more removing the circle around the stars. The last thing you want is them to order shirts, polos or emblems for the cars that can't be used because they aren't within the standards of the parent companys. Right now its basically in your court to make the contacts. But you could also suggest to them that before they order anything they have the logos approved by corporate.

I've only had to deal with it once, but it was a pain in the ass. Before anything could be produced, the parent company had to sign off on it.

You might not have to worry about it at all. Alot of affiliates (aka...the dealer) could care less about this sort of thing. But then again, that's how a brand gets deluted, and that's why the standards are in place from the begining.

Just in case...here's Subaru's Logo site:

http://print.subaru.com/logos/

I looked through and found nothing about dealer logos, but it did say you couldn't remove the circle from the stars and had to use PMS 280

I couldn't find anything on Toyota's however.

Good Luck!

Stack em'

The toyota logo features their icon to the left, while subaru is on the right.  It should balance out.  If you left them as they "should" be (leave the subaru icon alone), they both are ovals, and would counter each other quite nicely.

While you still have time, you should look into both Toyota's and Subaru's graphical standards to make sure everything is up to snuff.  Alot of those places have very strict standards and aren't ok with you changing the colors, esspecially making the icon and the wordmark different colors.  Even more removing the circle around the stars.  The last thing you want is them to order shirts, polos or emblems for the cars that can't be used because they aren't within the standards of the parent companys.  Right now its basically in your court to make the contacts.  But you could also suggest to them that before they order anything they have the logos approved by corporate. 

I've only had to deal with it once, but it was a pain in the ass.  Before anything could be produced, the parent company had to sign off on it.

You might not have to worry about it at all.  Alot of affiliates (aka...the dealer) could care less about this sort of thing.  But then again, that's how a brand gets deluted, and that's why the standards are in place from the begining.

Just in case...here's Subaru's Logo site:

http://print.subaru.com/logos/

I looked through and found nothing about dealer logos, but it did say you couldn't remove the circle from the stars and had to use PMS 280

I couldn't find anything on Toyota's however.

Good Luck!

Thanks Patrick for the advice there. I've done two sets for these people (first with Gresham Subaru, and now with Gresham Nissan Subaru) where I have a created wordmark with the graphic standards for corporate, and one where I've played with it a bit. But now that its a combination of two auto makers, I think I'll stick to the graphic standards. Here's what I did:

I made the wordmark silver because silver (grey, really) is prominent in both company's logos. Anyway, I also did one with the 3D logos and one with flat logos. I've thought about changing the "Gresham" font, but I feel it works well with these two wordmarks here. Suggestions are very much appreciated, thanks!

Gresham-Subaru3.png

Gresham-Subaru5.png

OD_Signature.jpg

Brian, good job with these.

I was thinking that maybe you could take the company logos on concept #2 and just move them from the right of the wordmark to centered below the corresponding manufacturer's name. Does that make sense?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Brian, good job with these.

I was thinking that maybe you could take the company logos on concept #2 and just move them from the right of the wordmark to centered below the corresponding manufacturer's name. Does that make sense?

yeah Greg, that makes sense, and thanks OB33 both of those are good suggestions that I'll try out

OD_Signature.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived