MLB Redesign

JamieRose

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minnesota Twins

Minnesota.png

The biggest change here was new wordmarks. I hept the same basic structure, but made it look smoother. i used the TC logo on all caps and made the names on the back match the numbers.

It seems that my concepts have gone downhill since i started, so i'm going to take a break and regroup.

TDZiMMB.png

The Twins' concept is my least favorite of the series so far.

Up until now, everything has looked pretty good, and there hasn't been a lot to suggest. I was diggin' the Royals' use of gold, and adding a little orange into the Tigers' look (though not at the expense of the Old English D).

But the Twins concept looks like an attempt at a "fake-retro" jersey with the thick, gaudy 1970s script font. Worse still, "Twins" looks more like "Swing" if you look closely at it. On the road jerseys, the "Minnesota" is entirely too small to be legible.

I do like that fact that your Twins' road concept has no pinstripes. Smart move.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

What's with the Miami Dolphin font usage in the Twins package? I didn't recognize it at first but now it stands out bad. If anyone has ever looked closely at the font there is a dolphins silhouette in the negative space of the "s". Also like LT said they underlined "wins" for a reason and that should be kept. I like all the other concepts for the most part. I am looking forward to more teams.

KUHawks.png

Okay, i'll add the others i have already done.

New York Yankees

NewYorkY.png

FIRT OFF IGNORE THE RED ON THE AWAYS

i tried it, didnt like it, and apparently didnt erase it.

Now them, the homes i barely changed, i just put on the hat NY logo. The uniform was created in the 30's, i didnt want to change much. The aways, i simply added a nameplate, i always thought their aways looked kind of blank and bland. I added an alternate which i am unsure of. I think blue would have been better than the white, but it came out looking funky. I added red to the alternate and BP, because yankees..the north... RED white and blue.

All in all, i'm completely iffy on this one.

Next is Oakland A's, after that im in a break...

TDZiMMB.png

The sleve stripes on the away are inconsistent with the wordmark on the away and it doesn't match the home at all. The rest I'm fine with but personally I would change the colors in the logo. The uniforms are too classic.

The sleve stripes on the away are inconsistent with the wordmark on the away and it doesn't match the home at all. The rest I'm fine with but personally I would change the colors in the logo. The uniforms are too classic.

like i said, ignore the away sleeves, it was a mistake

TDZiMMB.png

White Sox-not feeling the city name on the home

Royals-PERFECTION

Angels-ditch the L in the cap logo. The A is the most recognizeable feature of the team, and has stood for "ANGELS" ever since they became the California Angels

Twins-go back to the original wordmark for the home, and maybe use the 60s-70s jacket wordmark for the road

Yankees-not feeling the alt or BP at all. Lack of pinstripes and red don't work. I do like the names on the roads though.

VmWIn6B.png

Oakland A's

These are the last i did befor ei started my "artistic rehab"

Oakland2.png

New template, not sure if i'm going to use it again (kind of a headache to put on my background temp.)

The biggest change here is the consistent caps. Got rid of the stirrups, and went with plain green socks. Also got rid of "athletics" on home and put the "a's" bacause in my logic, at home, they're better identified as the A's. Also added piping on the alternate.

Official 7th inning stretch time

TDZiMMB.png

• 2 months later...

Not digging the Twins. That wordmark is a bit TOO retro. Their current one's the right mix of classic baseball with the swoosh and modern with the straight lines in it...you've gone and made it look like something you'd find on the back of a 1950's Cadillac IMO. The BP jersey's nice though.

The A's one, on the other hand, is damn sexy. How fitting that your A's one trumps your Twins one...just like real life this week *mutters* :P

My quick, initial, 2 cent thoughts:

Baltimore: Love the bird on the alt.

Red Sox: The classic home jersey needs the classic blue sox cap.

White Sox: Need to leave "SOX" at home.

Tigers: I kind of view their home cap as untouchable, along with the old english "D" jersey.

Royals: Is that a black bill on the BP cap? How about gold instead?

Angels: The "A" cap works much better than the "LA" cap.

Twins: I agree with above comments that the home wordmark looks like some of the ebay bootlegs that miss the boat trying to imitate the old. I do like the road script though.

Yanks: I am to traditionalist to see the yanks wear any other cap or to wear another home jersey.

A's: Beatiful. I love that home jersey. And the "Athletics" alt would be great when the wordmark is unique to that jersey. this would be a great change, save for the sunglasses elephant on the BP cap.

Overall: good clean work with some good ideas. The only one that would really give me hearburn is the Twins...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived