Stop the Buffaslug

neo

First of all, I do have a understanding of the purpose of this board.......so save your snive ass assumptions.

OK, he was being polite, no need to cuss him out. Secondly, you said...

because I care about how the players play on ice, rather than what they're wearing.

...and so he has a point when he points out that this is a sports LOGO discussion forum. It's for people who want to discuss the logos, not how the players play. There are forums for that (even here) but this is the one where we discuss the logo. So feel free to come in and say you love or hate the Buffaslug, and feel free to come in and express your opinion that you think it'll look peachy keen on a uniform or it will look horrible, or that you do or don't think it's the "real" logo, or whether you think they're too far along in the process to turn back or not. Whatever... that's all about the logo and it's all welcome. But you start making "snive ass" comments about people who care about "what they wear" and you're not going to find too many friendly replies in this forum.

First of all, I wasn't intending to be impolite. Again, read what I said...I didn't say don't petition or anything harsh, I just spoke the fact that it probably won't do anything because of the fact that the petition for the Slabyk designs didn't do anything. The first reply to that post, at the end of it he made a comment that would implicate that I didn't know the purpose of the board. I didn't cuss him out, I just simply said that the snive ass remark wasn't needed....simple.

I know this is a sports logos website (hence the name, duh). The comment I made about me caring about how they play wasn't intended to be smart either....and I apologize if it seemed that way to some that take comments far too seriously. If they came out wearing some completely outrageous things...then i'd care, but if it's something not all that hideous than I can let it be. Last I checked, there wasn't a runway show between periods...

In terms of me not getting too many friendly replies...that's just too bad, especially seeing i'm not trying to be malice with what i'm saying. I tend to be a smart ass, but it's nothing against anybody. Even if I got bad replies back, who cares....it's a message board. Anyways, GO SABRES! Have a good nite....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i emailed WGR Sports Radio 550 in Buffalo. I told them to publicize this petition, because a lot of Sabres fans have been calling-in to the station to express their displeasure with the new logo. Hopefully this will add a lot of signatures to the petition and that the logo will meet the same fate as Mr. Fishsticks

Here's my question in all of this- How does the NHL split up its merchandising revenue? Is it like the NFL, where all the teams share equally, regardless of how well any individual team's merch sells? Or does each team get the lion share of its own merch? If it's like the NFL model, then the league office, as well as the other owners, should be concerned if this logo doesn't sell (and I believe it won't).

I know merchandise has already been made, and continues to be made, but I still think there's time to make the Sabres realize the mistake they have made with this. If this is a fait accompli, then the marketplace will be the true barometer of this logo's acceptance.

As far as being "inconsiderate" in asking the Sabres to scrap this logo, I look at this feedback as doing them a huge favor. All those who have written e-mails, signed petitions, written letters to the newspaper- they are the passionate fans, and the ones most likely to buy the majority of the team's merchandise.

Now up to 8,565 signatures.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Here's my question in all of this- How does the NHL split up its merchandising revenue? Is it like the NFL, where all the teams share equally, regardless of how well any individual team's merch sells? Or does each team get the lion share of its own merch? If it's like the NFL model, then the league office, as well as the other owners, should be concerned if this logo doesn't sell (and I believe it won't).

I know merchandise has already been made, and continues to be made, but I still think there's time to make the Sabres realize the mistake they have made with this. If this is a fait accompli, then the marketplace will be the true barometer of this logo's acceptance.

As far as being "inconsiderate" in asking the Sabres to scrap this logo, I look at this feedback as doing them a huge favor. All those who have written e-mails, signed petitions, written letters to the newspaper- they are the passionate fans, and the ones most likely to buy the majority of the team's merchandise.

I can find lots of information regarding how the NFL does it, but my Google searches have yielded little information about how the NHL does it.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Signed it.  Currently 11,992.  B)  In the time it took me to type this, he got another 5 signatures!

Anybody who quotes WATCHMEN on his page deserves another name on his petition.  :D

Someday I hope to be able to tell my kids that I was one of the first 150 people to sign this thing. LOL, not really, but I feel like I did get in on the ground floor.

As a side note, the REAL reason for this post is just to get the attention of Gothamite, to tell him that after several days of looking at his MB logo Brewers pennant in his signature, I ran out on my lunch hour today and bought myself THIS hat. I blame him 100% for this purchase. You may have converted a Brewers fan for the rest of this season (since my Indians are all but mathematically eliminated.)

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Welcome to the fold, my friend.  Welcome to the fold.  That's a sharp cap - you won't regret it.

I almost passed out when I read on ESPN.com that the Brewers are one of the clubs interested in Bobby Abreu.  Shouldn't we be eliminated by now?  :P

Well, I've flirted with them for years because, first, I was a college kid who thought "brewers" was "cool." Then, I learned to appreciate the coolness of the ball-in-glove MB. And then they switched to just using the M, which finally put my last initial on a hat. After days of looking at that pennant image, I finally took the plunge. Luckily they had it in stock in a Hat World in Buffalo NY... what are the chances? I'm wearing it right now.

And welcome to the new MLB, where almost NOBODY is out of it, and it's already mid to late july! They have a lot of work to do, of course, but I think they're on a little roll.

ANYWAY, back to the Sabres logo...

I am listening to the afternoon sports talk show in Buffalo, and they have been discussing the logo, and making the point that "once you see it on a jersey" you'll change your mind. Also, the one host who has seen the uniforms keeps hinting (in a very obtuse way) that the old jersey will be the new 3rd jersey, which we all already knew. Anyway, it makes me sick, because it ignores how fugly that logo is going to look everywhere ELSE besides the jersies.

Ugh... I'm getting so sick over this slug. Why, oh why, does this matter so much to me? What is wrong with me?

indians4.png

-Terry Pluto

So, tonight I ran into a guy who recently moved here from Buffalo. The first thing he said to me after I told him that I'm from there too was...

"Really? So, have you seen the new Sabres logo?" No kidding.

For the record, he hates it too.

Closing on 13,000. Spread the word. Maybe we can fill the arena by the end of the week.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

18,690 signatures would make the local TV news again. I can see the headline now . . . . . " Arena full of people hate the logo "

Heck, let's fill two of the Arena, if we can.

That'd be . . . . 37,380 signatures.

EDIT: 13K . . . . . that's close to topping the amount of season ticket holders projected for this year.

18,690 signatures would make the local TV news again. I can see the headline now . . . . . " Arena full of people hate the logo "

Heck, let's fill two of the Arena, if we can.

That'd be . . . . 37,380 signatures.

EDIT: 13K . . . . . that's close to topping the amount of season ticket holders projected for this year.

Wow, that's a lot of hate!

just signed it

some genius signed the petition to GET RID OF the logo and then wrote, "You all Suck!! I think the new look has a great new image for what the SABRES are looking for a fun and energetic YOUNG TEAM!!! Not like the OLD Logo which is why its called an OLD Logo.....Keep the new look Golisano...GOOD JOB!"

Wow, an entire website and petition devoted to complaining about a hockey team's new logo.

And yet, we still haven't found a cure for cancer.

Go figure.

Wow, someone took the time to make an "entire" website and petition. That must have taken minutes! Think of all the productive things he could have done with that time. Just think of all the wondrous things we could create for society if only people didn't spend two minutes out of their lives to read and sign that petition.

Wow, an entire website and petition devoted to complaining about a hockey team's new logo.

And yet, we still haven't found a cure for cancer.

Go figure.

Wow, someone took the time to make an "entire" website and petition. That must have taken minutes! Think of all the productive things he could have done with that time. Just think of all the wondrous things we could create for society if only people didn't spend two minutes out of their lives to read and sign that petition.

Nice, but what's 13,000 x 2 minutes. I think something more productive could be done if we all did something for two minutes then handed it off to someone else 13 thousand times.

You never know.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived