O's concept

HarperK

Apparently, I'm not alone in my impression: ditch the "O's" cap, and this is a beautiful concept. Really well done.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Apparently, I'm not alone in my impression: ditch the "O's" cap, and this is a beautiful concept. Really well done.

I tried something original and went with a "B" hat.....on the fence about it but ill let the masses decide

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I really like the B on the cap. It's a great design.

But it just doesn't say Orioles to me. The smiling bird is the one to use on Orioles caps -- to me, that says Orioles. It says Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Jim Palmer, Earl Weaver ...

I think Boston already owns the B cap in the AL East.

They own the B cap? So lemme see...the Diamondbacks get the A, the Reds get the C, the Mets get the NY, and the Pirates get the P - right?

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Love the set but I would relegate the B to the alternates and use the swinging bird on the regulars.

take advice from a red sox fan? not in this lifetime pal

Love the set but I would relegate the B to the alternates and use the swinging bird on the regulars.

:o

The rivalry is so deep that you can't take honest C&C from a Red Sox fan? Good Lord.

(On-Topic) I like this concept. Wouldn't mind seeing them go to it.

The rivalry is so deep that you can't take honest C&C from a Red Sox fan? Good Lord.

obviously a joke....

obviously a joke....

I was joking too. See the smiley? :P

obviously a joke....

I was joking too. See the smiley? :P

uhhh...no

Thats why i thought maybe u didnt think i was, i didnt use one :)

I like the B cap a lot. But there is so much tradition, predating even the current franchise, of the Baltimore Orioles wearing black caps with an oriole one it that I think one uniform, either home or away, should have the oriole on it. And not the cartoon bird, but the real oriole in profile.

Gets me to thinking that maybe a home uniform with an orange B on the cap and the profile bird on the left chest, and a road uniform with the bird on the cap and the script Baltimore on the chest, might be a terrific change.

But as to your concept, I think it's generally excellent, especially the B caps. I'd just give some consideration to reincorporating the profile oriole somewhere on the non-alt uniforms.

20082614447.png

Archived