Denver Bears Awakening

Lumbergh

I recently finished a long project which I began earlier in June, and finally had the time to brush it up and be done. It's an all new design from the ground up, featuring a new bear, new logo, and completely custom, hand drawn scripts. I also created a brand new stadium from scratch in the process. I am happy with this, and think it's my best work to date. Here's a brief rundown of the Bears:

They were a competitive team in AAA minor league baseball from 1948-1985 in the American Assosiation, until they were renamed the Denver Zephyrs. They played at Mile High Stadium for some time, and were the minor league affiliates of 12 major league teams over the years. They also spent some time in the pacific coast league in the mid-late 60's.

So, without further ado, here you go:

DenverBears.png

DenverBearsunis.png

DenverBearsfield.png

373's as far out as you're going to get in Denver? And people thought that Minute Maid was a bandbox... :blink:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

what can i say, we the fans just want to see some dingers!

Hell yeah! That's the spirit! :grin:

Anyways, I love this concept. If there was ever to be a team to be resurrected for AAA, this would be it. Good job.

Two minor complaints:

1) I don't really like the bevel effect you're using. It makes the wordmark look out of focus and it's just unnecessary.

2) For some reason, the bear head logo doesn't really look too bear-ish to me.

Other than that, it's a very well thought out concept. You've got the look of the team down, it just needs those few extra tweaks to make it perfect.

QPR%20Sig.png

Agreed on the bear itself. Plus it's not very fierce for a bear. Nothing that would strike fear into the hearts of opponents. Have it bare some teeth or put some meanness into its eyes.

As for the lettering, I'm finding that some of the letters are hard to distinguish from others. For example, the A and the R in BEARS are very similar, and the fact they are side-by-side only confuses the eye more. The V in DENVER could also use a bit of work; it could easily be confused as a U.

Pretty good start.

1. I agree with Moser's assessment of the beveling effect. Furthermore, the font makes reading "BEARS" harder than it should be. The "A" and "R" are juxtaposed and incredibly similar. It reads "BEAAS" or "BERRS" unless you're close enough to tell the difference between the two letters. A pointed "A" may break up the rectangular quality of the wordmark, but it would make it more legible.

2. The thing I first noticed about the bear is how long the snout is. I don't think bear snouts are that long. Also, the ears are more rounded - these ears do give the animal a more canine appearance.

3. 290' down the line? 373' to dead center? Hope you're planning on using 100' walls! 373' is a mid-sized power alley at sea level, and I don't think you can even have foul poles any closer than 300' as an absolute minimum. There are probably bigger Little League fields in Denver.

The rest of the concept is very well done. A few tweaks here and there, and this'll look really, really nice.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

That does not look like a bear.

Your bobcat didn't look like a bobcat.

Plus I think it looks like a bear, I'd maybe fix the nose a little and put the head somewhere in the primary logo like mentioned.

Also, I love home runs too, if their for my, you my friend are going to have homers going both ways, the fans may not like that. ^_^

That does not look like a bear.

Plus I think it looks like a bear, I'd maybe fix the nose a little and put the head somewhere in the primary logo like mentioned.

Also, I love home runs too, if their for my, you my friend are going to have homers going both ways, the fans may not like that. ^_^

Can we keep this thread about the Denver Bears please?

Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Now as far as the concept, work on the bear (like the others said). Simplify the wordmarks (get rid of the bevels and all of that good stuff). Tweak the font a bit. Colors are spot on.

i'm with everyone else on the bear and font issues - fix these and you're PERFECT

has there ever been a team entirely made up of left handed hitters? as the gm of this team, i would certainly be tempted to stack that lineup with some pull-hitting lefties...adjusted for altitude, 290 would be more like 270 at sea level...i think i could hit hr's in that park :)

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived