RetrOrioles

NDwas

Beautiful. Maybe as a set, too many alts...this is breaching into Mets territory with the same basic jersey, different script, etc. But each individual jersey is beautiful. Maybe incorporate the bird from the retro years instead of today's bird?

this is great. i agreewith schwep theres too many alternates. my opinion, keep the orange orioles jersey and black baltimore jerseys as alternates and lose the other two. everything else is beautiful

Beautiful. This doesn't need much help at all. Other than still having one too many alternates (the "Orioles" one would work at home and on the road, rendering the "Baltimore" one superfluous), you nailed it.

The only tiny thing I noticed were the backs - smaller numbers, bigger names. But these are exactly what they should look like. Bravo!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The only tiny thing I noticed were the backs - smaller numbers, bigger names. But these are exactly what they should look like. Bravo!

I noticed this too. Otherwise, my only criticism would also be the number of alts. The orange at home, black on the road solution seems reasonable to me.

Beyond that, very nice work.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I agree, these are beautiful and I'm in agreement with everyone else, have the orange jersey for the home alternate, and the black one for the road alternate and this would boost the Orioles to the top of the list for best uniform

osretrofantastico3.png

Thanks for the feedback, folks. I shrunk the numbers and enlarged the names at your requests. But I'm gonna leave the number of alts the same, not for the Mets' effect, but just for some choices. I'll always do that.

I was trying to replicate this, but modernize it a bit:

PH2005083001740.jpg

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Still needs more shrinking on the numbers and bigger letters.

Based on the Frank Robinson picture, the numbers aren't as wide as 3 full-width letters (e.g. the zero starts to the right of the first "N" in "ROBINSON" and extends to the right almost as far as the right edge of the 2nd "O".) On your concept, the same zero is wider than the last 3 letters of "ROBINSON". So you've still got some work to do.

And I'm with LT - the retro socks would make this uniform perfect. It's why all of my baseball concepts have striped socks.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Not appealing for me but that's because of the O-R-E-Oles colors.Good job.

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

Not appealing for me but that's because of the O-R-E-Oles colors.Good job.

How can you not like orange and black? It's the color of my blood.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Archived