Penguins deny Murstein, Cuban, Marino

sp0rtsguy13

Sam Fingold the highest bidder. I have troubles believing that somebody from Hartford would be trying to relocate the team anywhere other than Hartford... he'd be run out of town if he didn't try.

The article said he has ties to KC. It appears if he is to move the team it will be to KC not Hartford. It was the Boston area group who wnated to move the team to Hartford.

It looks like it is now done to Pittsburgh or KC. My bet the teams stays put.

Cuban would have been the best thing for that franchise

I disagree I think it is better for the league to have owners who also don't also own NBA franchises. To me it's a conflict of interest because the 2 sports go directly up against each other (unlike with baseball and football). The league should market it self as the anti-NBA similar to the way Pepsi markets against Coca-Cola. Having more cross owners (even a small on as Cuban was only a minority owner) helps prevent this as it would hurt there other investment and it ultimatly hurts the sport of hockey.

I disagree I think it is better for the league to have owners who also don't also own NBA franchises. To me it's a conflict of interest because the 2 sports go directly up against each other (unlike with baseball and football). The league should market it self as the anti-NBA similar to the way Pepsi markets against Coca-Cola. Having more cross owners (even a small on as Cuban was only a minority owner) helps prevent this as it would hurt there other investment and it ultimatly hurts the sport of hockey.

That's insane. They are not "competitors" in the same vain as Coke and Pepsi. The blind hatred some of you puckheads show to the NBA is sickening. Both games are beautiful on the highest level and can be simultaneously appreciated. Can't you just like 'em both? Damn.

Mark Cuban would have raised the profile of the NHL. The average sports fan outside of a "hockey market" doesn't have much of a connection with the game. The stars are woefully underexposed in mainstream media, but is that the NBA's fault? The NHL television deal sucks, but is that the NBA's fault? No and hell no. Be happy someone wants to pour money into that once proud, now floudering franchise the Pens have become.

Besides, if Cuban could have antagonized the hell out of Gary Bettman like he does to David Stern, that would have been the :censored:!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

That's insane. They are not "competitors" in the same vain as Coke and Pepsi. The blind hatred some of you puckheads show to the NBA is sickening. Both games are beautiful on the highest level and can be simultaneously appreciated. Can't you just like 'em both? Damn.

Mark Cuban would have raised the profile of the NHL. The average sports fan outside of a "hockey market" doesn't have much of a connection with the game. The stars are woefully underexposed in mainstream media, but is that the NBA's fault? The NHL television deal sucks, but is that the NBA's fault? No and hell no. Be happy someone wants to pour money into that once proud, now floudering franchise the Pens have become.

Besides, if Cuban could have antagonized the hell out of Gary Bettman like he does to David Stern, that would have been the :censored:!

The two leagues do compete with each other for fan dollars. The two season and playoffs take place at the exact same time. Sure it's not exactly like coke and pepsi but the 2 leagues do compete against each other for fan dollars and media attention.

Yes the NHL is underexposed and I don't blame the NBA for that. The NBA does what it needs to do to market basketball, it's what they should be doing. I blame the NHL I feel the league has a lack of leadership at the top when it comes to market the sport.

As for Cuban I doubt outside the sale of the team it would make much of a blip on the radar he would have been a minority owner. He wouldn't be sitting behing the benches like he does at Mavs game. It would be a money thing only. His main interest would still be with the Mavs.

Cuban would have been the best thing for that franchise

Right city wrong sport. Cuban would be the best thing for the Pirates. An owner who wants to spend money to make the team better WHAT A CONCEPT. Too bad McClatchey doesn't want to sell them right now. I hope now that the ASG is over maybe he will sell them. IRC Cuban has said he would be interested if the Pirates went up for sale.

Right city wrong sport. Cuban would be the best thing for the Pirates.

AMEN!

I love the Penguins. I really do. But to be perfectly honest, to get Mark Cuban as the Pirates owner I'd personally pack the Pens bags to Kansas City, Hartford, or wherever the hell else they might want to go.

Too bad McClatchy's such a tool. The Bucs need an owner like Cuban.

nav-logo.png

My bet the teams stays put.

Im glad you think so.

Dont get me wrong, I love my Penguins more than any other team, but it looks like theyre leaving.

I hope for someone or something to keep them here, but it just doesnt look that way.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived