NFL Hall of Fame game

DGivens87

I know the idea of throwbacks has been pretty much been beaten to death, but as I was thinking about tonight's HOF exhibition game, wouldn't this be an IDEAL time to sport the throwbacks? Think about it - what better way to honor their respective inductees than for the Raiders (nothing really has to be changed) to sport throwbacks vs. the Eagles in their Reggie White/Randall Cunningham-era kelly green unis. I think it's a no brainer!

Think about it - what better way to honor their respective inductees than for the Raiders (nothing really has to be changed) to sport throwbacks vs. the Eagles in their Reggie White/Randall Cunningham-era kelly green unis. I think it's a no brainer!

Actually, just playing the game there is an honor in and of itself - to the honorees, and for the players.

nav-logo.png

Considering there havn't been any roster cuts yet (and because of that, the Raiders had two #4's last night), I think this is a horrible time of year to have a throwback game. The starters played in one series! Then 90% of the country turns off the TV. They got their NFL fix for the night, and couldn't care less about what the teams are wearing. I think the Thanksgiving game makes a lot more sense, where families make a day out of watching the games, and you're more apt to say, hey, I want to buy one of those jerseys...

Moose

The only preseason games worth considering for throwback uniforms would be week three. And even then, I'd say enough of the throwbacks already. Throwbacks are fine on a rare occasion. More than that, it goes from a special event to young guys wearing out of date rags. And honestly, a lot of so-called throwbacks you don't even want brought back once.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I like the idea of wearing jerseys of the same era as an inductee.

There'd be a dilemma for next year, when the most likely first-ballot selectee is Bruce Matthews, who spent the best part of his career in the sky blue of the Houston Oilers.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Archived