CONCEPT81: St. Louis Rams

bigdub81

Ok Here We Go...

1) Brought back the horns cause' I thinks it's a main part of their image, it's original and should be used and also because I just like them! I also gave them a white outline

2) Brought back the royal and gold and made them darker. As seen from my Eagles, concept you can be classic without going overboard with the 'too' dark color schemes.

3) While I was going classic I decided to keep something from their current uni's so I kept the number font

4) I changed the pant stripe so that it would look like that famous sculpture that's in St. Louis. (Sorry I don't know it's name) I thought that the ram logo alone did not look good with my new scheme so I tossed it for an updated stripe look because the Dickerson, era stripes just didn't match anything on the uni's!

5) And speaking of the Dickerson, era of stripes, I did a lil' something different with the stripes for this concept being that I carried the theme for both the home and away jersey onto the sock itself. I really like the set for the white uni's cause' I think that it's unique and goes well with the jersey with either the blue or gold pants.

6) I never did like the horns being blue on their away jerseys so I kept it gold and with the darker version of the gold I think that it looks really good with the darker royal blue and the white outline of the horns to me makes it 'pop'

7) And last but not least... I added a thin outline to the collar just so it would go along wiht the outline of the horns.

NOTES:

> I'm not really sold on the all blue uni but I figured somebody would ask so I did it anyway.

> I don't think the Rams, should ever have white pant's cause' it just doesn't fit

> I didn't want to put their ram head logo in my concept because I feel that the horns 'say' enough. However the only way that I would incorporate it into their uni's to make it a current look would be to maybe place it at the back of the neck like Arizona, and Minnesota, has done.

> I'm sorry I didn't make a back version of my concept but I was pressed for time but I'll make one if asked. That also goes for a gold alternate which I didnt do but I'm on this board to get my C&C so go ahead... - Thanks

CONCEPT81-St.png

these look good, I think that the ram horn sidestripe looks cool, but i think the beggining of the stripe should come down and blend in with the sleeve instead of just stopping. Another thing is, I know you said there is a horn on the sleeve, but maybe show a side view of the jersey, so we can see how the sleeve looks.

ad-sig-2.png

New and Improved Adrenaline Online:

http://adrenalinedesignstudio.synthasite.com/

-Cool idea on the pant stripes, but I don't really think it works very well. Especially since the stripes just stop and don't extend all the way to the edge of the pants.

-I love that you brought back the horns on the sleeves, don't know why they got rid of that.

-One suggestion if I were doing this myself. Nearly everything on the Rams jerseys is trimmed in white, yet on their helmet there is no trim color on the horns. This has always bothered me about their current unis. I would try adding white trim to the helmet horn.

I'm not totally sold with these colors. I think you should keep their current combo or completely go back with the old yellow style.

I would like to see the back too, because at the moment the design on the shoulders say really nothing to me.

The arch idea is very nice but you should work on it because now it seems to be not completed. Try to incorprate it in the socks or somewhere.

As it is, this realization destroy your great idea.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I know i'll see lot of'em by you.

these look good, I think that the ram horn sidestripe looks cool, but i think the beggining of the stripe should come down and blend in with the sleeve instead of just stopping.

I know I thought about that cause' that's how they were before but if you look at the NFL's jerseys today and how they are constructed most teams with stripes across the shoulder have them stop there like the Colts, because they used to have their stripes rap all the way around the shoulder. I'm not saying that it couldn't be done so I'll try it out in my side view post next time

I may like em better if you reverse the colors on the white jersey.

Ok, I'll try it out

• 4 weeks later...

As a Rams fan, I like'em. I guess I'm about the only one who actually likes their current colors better. Oh well. I like how you started the horn on the sleeves mid-shoulder (I guess?). Reminds me of the Colts' striping, which I like. I think your use of that Sculpture, also known as the Arch (kinda obvious seeing how it's in the shape of...an Arch :P ) is good, but I just don't think it fits well with the rest of it. Plus, as mentioned before, it kinda looks like it's just floating on the pants. Though I do admire your vision of it. And actually, I wouldn't mind seeing these with some white pants, but, your concept, your decision. Good job all around. B)

Archived