Nhl project

Snowcap30

Here is my advice to the Senators: Pick one of your 3 distinctly different jerseys (!) and make a home and road out of it. Give us all a few years with just that, and only then may you consider adding a 3rd.

I did the work for you:

Senators Update

Personally I would make a road version of their black alternate, with the laurel-striping, I think that would make a sharp white jersey

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought of that, but I didn't do it for a few reasons. The first is that I think the gold striping with the little arrows looks too much like the gold striping with the little arrows on the Thrashers jerseys. I chose the swoop Sens jersey since it is unique. Also, I wanted a red home, not a black one. Finally, I think the black alt looks ok, but it looks dull as a white jersey. The white swoop jersey still has "a lot going on", and I also thought it looked sorta Team Canada-like, which is appropriate since the Sens are based in Canada's capital city.

I added an alternate jersey to my design of what I think the Sens should look like. I kept the swoop jerseys as the main one for the reasons I said above. The 3rd is a throwback to the Sens jerseys (I think they called them sweaters back then) of the 20s and 30s.

Here's the link:

Sens Update Design

Edit: I now see that I used 2 different shades of red for some reason. Since I am too lazy to fix it right now, please just imagine that the darker red is the only shade.

I nominate this for thread of the week. Make that the month. I really like everyone's ideas a lot.

The Thrashers are great. I do like the alternates I've seen proposed with the burgundy as the main color as well, but these are all very nice.

The Ducks are great too. I LOVE the twin stripes of equal width style to separate the top and bottom of the jerseys. I have always been partial to that style and it isn't very commonly used. The Washington Redskins come to mind as the team that I first recall catching my attention doing that back in the 80's. I also am not a fan of the black jersey and maroon sleeve stripes on their alts. They are too close in tone and both appear black on TV at all times and even in person, except in very close quarters. The jade green may not be my fave color, but it's the ducks color and makes a better alternate.

The Blue Jackets are also very well excecuted and the Senators are simply awesome. I'd be perhaps a bit concerned that there is too much color on the white jersey, but those striped alternates? Where to I get one?! A great nod to the past. 10 out of 10.

Great job everyone!

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Yuck I would hope the Thrashers would not use the Batman logo for their main logo.  The actual Thrasher logo is a much better logo imho.  

And I would hope the Sens would not wear those, it would remind me of a jail-break on ice.

Let's go Pens!

Here is my advice to the Senators: Pick one of your 3 distinctly different jerseys (!) and make a home and road out of it. Give us all a few years with just that, and only then may you consider adding a 3rd.

I did the work for you:

Senators Update

Holy crap! Someone must have liked your Senators concept. It's gone into production already!

b4_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....y=25239

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I'd use the Thrasher shield as the primary, as I think the T-bird logo is awful and should go away.  Otherwise, the home and away aren't big departures from what they already have, besides moving the names out of the trim, which looks a bit crowded.  Do the numbers have the same trim colours as what they currently use?

As for the alternate, that looks five million times better than what they actually went with.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Snowcap, I just wanted to apologize for commandeering your post. It's just that you started what I have been wanting to do for a long time. Hopefully you are okay with me contributing.

I have finished another design. In my ideal NHL, the Sharks would not have switched to their current unis. Instead, they would have come up with the template that the Islanders use for their 3rds and used that. I like the design of the Islanders' 3rds, but it just looks so bad in orange. The Sharks' colors and triangular logo fit the design so much better.

Here is the link, plus my other "ideal NHL" designs:

Senators

Blue Jackets

Sharks

Agree with the SnoCapper.

The Bird-in-a-cereal-bowl logo should be relegated to the third jersey.

I actually like the thrashers current "alternate" logo, the arrow shaped bird head... it should be the second logo, with the large T being the first logo...

The T looks wicked, commands attention, is sharp, strong, and tough. My favorite logo in sports.

I don't take anyone seriously who bashes that logo while sporting the vegas-by-fisher-price Columbus logo. That damn thing is gawdawful.

The actual Thrashers third jersey is cool, i dig it, but your third, SnoCappy, is cool too. Good job.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Snowcap, I just wanted to apologize for commandeering your post. It's just that you started what I have been wanting to do for a long time. Hopefully you are okay with me contributing.

dont worry..u can post here. i just hope that it will be okay with if if some of the ideas are the same.. cuz im fine with it

untitled-1.png

I have finished another design. In my ideal NHL, the Sharks would not have switched to their current unis. Instead, they would have come up with the template that the Islanders use for their 3rds and used that. I like the design of the Islanders' 3rds, but it just looks so bad in orange. The Sharks' colors and triangular logo fit the design so much better.

Wow. That Sharks idea is awesome. I really hated the Islanders 3rds and immediately thought that template was stupid, but now that I see it used with the Sharks logo and colors, well, it's just brilliant.

I can't believe how well that works. That is one exciting jersey.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Here is a ducks concept I did a while back, it was the very first uniform concept I ever did. I also included the third jersey that snowcap did. Sorry it's not very clean and not quite complete, but you should get the idea of what I was going for.

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/vladdy16/Ducks_New.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks to RC for the template and numbers.

time for a bump.... BOS added

Bruins - i kept the home/away jerseys they have now beacuse i feel that they fit the bruins perfectly. i took away their bear logo and i think it was good. i also made their alt. jersey a reto jersey beacuse i think all original 6 teams should have one

untitled-1.png

I guess while I'm digging up old concepts I'll share this. Here is a Thrashers 3rd jersey concept I did a while ago. This was the 2nd uniform concept I ever did. Once again let me know what you guys think.

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/vladdy16/ThrashFull.jpg

I guess while I'm digging up old concepts I'll share this. Here is a Thrashers 3rd jersey concept I did a while ago. This was the 2nd uniform concept I ever did. Once again let me know what you guys think.

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/vladdy16/ThrashFull.jpg

Thats frigin amazing!

signature.gif

I don't like that Thrashers concept. While I agree that it is interesting and maybe even looks cool, it is getting WAY too close to dressing players up in mascot costumes for my tastes. Do we really need to see a team of men dressed like cartoon birds complete with wings and legs?

Thanks for your input guys! As far as the thrashers looking like a mascot, I guess I can see what you're saying. But the wings are really the only thing I see as looking mascotish. The socks are not intended to be feet, now that I look at it, a bit of the bottom part of the sock was cut off, the striping should be higher on the sock.

Archived