NHL on Versus logo

jkrdevil

Well today OLN officially became Versus and with it came a new NHL on Versus logo. It's similar to the NHL on OLN one but not exactly the OLN logo switched out for the Versus logo. Also it appears that Versus dropped the old espn/ nintendo logo knock off and just went with plain Versus text. Here's a look from versus.tv.

nhlonversus.gif

The name change makes TOTAL sense, since almost none of OLN's programming was outdoors! I've seen hockey, boxing, bullriding (sometimes outdoors I guess), POKER ( :cursing: poker)...Versus makes a lot more sense! The NHL on VS logo is the same as the old OLN one, but I like it. It's simple, clean, nothing too fancy needed.

I'm posting this in this thread because I don't want to start a new one. But in watching the TCU-BYU game I noticed that Versus also has a new graphic package. Instead of the blue scorebar at the top it is a box in the corner with the VS. logo in between the team names. The colors are red an black and the font is the same as before. The other grahics comeout from the side of the screen and are rounded at the end (think CBC). Overall by far the best graphic package OLN/Versus has had. The other stuff I found overbearing where this I don't. Much more well thought out.

I'm posting this in this thread because I don't want to start a new one. But in watching the TCU-BYU game I noticed that Versus also has a new graphic package. Instead of the blue scorebar at the top it is a box in the corner with the VS. logo in between the team names. The colors are red an black and the font is the same as before. The other grahics comeout from the side of the screen and are rounded at the end (think CBC). Overall by far the best graphic package OLN/Versus has had. The other stuff I found overbearing where this I don't. Much more well thought out.

vsboxxv7.jpg

here you go

vsboxxv7.jpg

here you go

Simply brilliant.

vsboxxv7.jpg

here you go

Simply brilliant.

Ha ha...I get it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The name change makes TOTAL sense, since almost none of OLN's programming was outdoors! I've seen hockey, boxing, bullriding (sometimes outdoors I guess), POKER ( :cursing: poker)...Versus makes a lot more sense! The NHL on VS logo is the same as the old OLN one, but I like it. It's simple, clean, nothing too fancy needed.

i.e: Arena Football League. Inherently indoor name of the league.

The name change makes TOTAL sense, since almost none of OLN's programming was outdoors! I've seen hockey, boxing, bullriding (sometimes outdoors I guess), POKER ( :cursing: poker)...Versus makes a lot more sense!  The NHL on VS logo is the same as the old OLN one, but I like it. It's simple, clean, nothing too fancy needed.

c'mon everyone loves poker in the back. :P

the VS logo needs a trim color like white/silver or something but overall a good package.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• 2 weeks later...

As an aside, last Wednesday's doubleheader, the logo on the boards at the arena had a black background and you couldn't tell what the logo was. It just looked like a black circle on television.

Well tonight's game, there was a white background and it was much, much better.

Archived