NFL Week 4

DG_ThenNowForever

I thought the Cowboys only wore their funky silvery blue pants at home or is just with the white jerseys?

The Cowboys always wear those "Cowboys metallic silver-green" (the official name of the current color according to PANTONE) pants with the "regular" white jerseys regardless of where the game is played.

When they had those "Modern Double Star" Apex jerseys in the 1990s they wore the silver pants. I don't think they have ever worn them, but Dallas was selling white versions of the "Modern Throwback" jersey worn with the white pants as well.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought the Cowboys only wore their funky silvery blue pants at home or is just with the white jerseys?

The Cowboys always wear those "Cowboys metallic silver-green" (the official name of the current color according to PANTONE) pants with the "regular" white jerseys regardless of where the game is played.

They need to put a match to those pants (and put the cheap-a** jerseys with them as well).

I could care less how "traditional" they are. They are awful (and the Redskins are bad too).

The Vikings look 1000 times better with their update. Those dull white uniforms with out-of-style shoulder stripes and white shoes were terrible. Some of you just can't stand change and never want to admit when a team looks better than they did before.

The Broncos, Bucs, Seahawks, Patriots, Vikings, Cardinals, Falcons and Lions all look much, much better than they did 15 years ago. All of those teams got into the 21st century with their changes. Teams like the Cowboys, Saints, Redskins and Chiefs need to get with the program now too. Sounds like the Saints will be next year. As long as they don't pull a Bills-type change (which I really doubt they can do with black and gold as your primary colors), that will be an improvement as well (just so they finally match their golds for once).

The Vikings look 1000 times better with their update. Those dull white uniforms with out-of-style shoulder stripes and white shoes were terrible. Some of you just can't stand change and never want to admit when a team looks better than they did before.

Wow. Just wow. I mean, I respect your right to voice your opinion, because that's what these boards are for, but... wow.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

The Broncos, Bucs, Seahawks, Patriots, Vikings, Cardinals, Falcons and Lions all look much, much better than they did 15 years ago.

Well, I'll buy the Bucs, Seahawks, Vikings and Falcons, but I preferred the older look for the rest. And I'll never forgive the Lions for adding black to the team colours, just on the advice of some marketing chowderhead. Of course, I guess it fits with a franchise that is the laughingstock of pro sports.

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

pl_680538.jpg

ge5k9446.jpg

Is it just me, or is the blue undershirt also new on the Colts? Seems to me like they usually wore white undershirts...Gramatica #7 is wearing it...

oh i love it when the Colts play the Jets since the jets went old/new school

sort of reminds me of Super Bowl 3

Atlanta vs. Arizona: From above, the only way to tell the two teams apart was helmet color. Arizona red shoulders have got to go.

Funny, my girlfirend commented on this during the highlights: "OH my god those two teams look exactly alike! You can't tell them apart on the field."

The Cardinals needed their alleged red pants, and the Falcons needed their *drool* red jersey/black pants combo. Otherwise, you're left playing "Who's On Offense?"

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Atlanta vs. Arizona: From above, the only way to tell the two teams apart was helmet color.  Arizona red shoulders have got to go.

Funny, my girlfirend commented on this during the highlights: "OH my god those two teams look exactly alike! You can't tell them apart on the field."

The Cardinals needed their alleged red pants, and the Falcons needed their *drool* red jersey/black pants combo. Otherwise, you're left playing "Who's On Offense?"

I was wondering, what would anyone say about these unis for the Cards?

NFLunisAC.gif

Basically, I just cut and pasted a bunch of uniform graphics from the main site, and yes that is the Giants road uniform. IMO it would work brilliantly for the Cards (my sister thought it was a Cards jersey when she first saw it in a sports catalog).

I actually liek the Cards current gear, I just think they should be one of the teams in traditional-style uniforms. Just throwing this out there as an idea.

I thought the gold in NO jerseys looked odd. It looked darker. I may be wrong though.

Here is a pic for reference.

capt.bd278eea0876456e876aa80445148f88.saints_panthers_football_nccb114.jpg

i also noticed this

This was discussed last year when the Saints played outside in Tiger Stadium. Since they used to only wear black at home, and home was inside at the Superdome, it's the first time for many people to see the black jerseys in sunlight and they do look different than they do under the Superdome lights. They need to return to the 1967 gold:

si6080.jpeg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Atlanta vs. Arizona: From above, the only way to tell the two teams apart was helmet color.  Arizona red shoulders have got to go.

From my April 20, 2005 post about the introduction of the Cards' new uni's:

And when they play Atlanta, it'll look like the Falcons playing themselves.

Ha! Nice to see that at least one prediction I've made in my life came true! :D

pl_680538.jpg

ge5k9446.jpg

Is it just me, or is the blue undershirt also new on the Colts? Seems to me like they usually wore white undershirts...Gramatica #7 is wearing it...

A traditional purist's TREASURE...the only two teams in the league who use one color and white...the Colts, and the Jets. No outlines, no trim--just solid blue (or green) and white. That's it.

Simplicity at its best, right?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

pl_680538.jpg

ge5k9446.jpg

Is it just me, or is the blue undershirt also new on the Colts?  Seems to me like they usually wore white undershirts...Gramatica #7 is wearing it...

A traditional purist's TREASURE...the only two teams in the league who use one color and white...the Colts, and the Jets. No outlines, no trim--just solid blue (or green) and white. That's it.

My thoughts too. Looks like Super Bowl III revisited other than that the Colts were the "home" team in that one.

6745_lg.jpg

Ugh...

full.getty-71465306rs013_minnesota_vik_6_08_55_pm.jpg

That's a lot of ugliness.

Say what you want about the Minnesota set, at least the side panels match up here (purple with gold piping), an increasing rarity in football (case in point, Buffalo).

I actually really like the Vikings look. I do have to mention that the Bills look is still horrible no matter what pants they wear. They could wear NO pants and it would still look horrible.

pl_680538.jpg

ge5k9446.jpg

Is it just me, or is the blue undershirt also new on the Colts?  Seems to me like they usually wore white undershirts...Gramatica #7 is wearing it...

My thoughts too. Looks like Super Bowl III revisited other than that the Colts were the "home" team in that one.

6745_lg.jpg

Yeah...I'm sure Mr. Paul Lukas caught quite the woody staring at this photo...simplicity, no purple...only thing missing is the sock striping, and I think ol' boy might've bust in his draw's.

(Side note: why is it that the Colts, who have double-striping everywhere else on the uniform, only have a singular stripe on the helmet?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

pl_680538.jpg

ge5k9446.jpg

Good observation! And, I wanna say, IIRC, that the Colts used to wear blue undershirts in the late-80s, early-90s. I could be way wrong, but I have a feeling I may have seen them with blue undershirts before. In any event - good eye! :D

I do have to mention that the Bills look is still horrible no matter what pants they wear. They could wear NO pants and it would still look horrible.

The Bills wearing no pants certainly would be horrible...

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I think Arizona's uniforms are becoming almost as annoying as Cincinnati's...too many oddly placed patches of color that dont seem to fit anywhwere. Its bad enough the shoulders are red leading into the sleeves but underneath are these weird patches of white amid the red...why? Absolutely horrible...lets go back to the clasic St. Louis Cardnial simplicity. Maybe with the road uniform featuring red pants.

Archived