KC Royals Alternate Logo

Chief.

Basically, I didn't want an intimidation-driven logo, but more of an iconic and simple logo. Obviously I started with a lion (an idea tossed around by many) but added the shield to unify everything because an outline around the mane looked way too busy and jagged. Anyway, I'm sure it's not finished yet, but I'll let you guys weigh in on which color combo you like best, and anything that can improve the logo would be helpful.

RoyalsAlternate.png

I decided to go with "C". I added a little to the eyes to make him look fiercer, we'll see where it goes from here:

Royals2.png

It's looking good. You should play around with it for a while, touching up the lion a bit, maybe even the shield a tad too. It's a really nice idea. :)

i would have said C, so good choice. i like the little tweak on the eye, but more changes should be in order. a logo can be both fierce and iconic. it doesnt have to be overly fierce, but just enough so people are always proud to wear it. personally, i dont like the mark on the forehead where the blue juts into the white, it looks off. i think the mouth makes the lion look sleepy or as many have said 'bored'. i think you need a little bit of white on the blue side to balance it out, maybe just some accent/shading marks. looks great so far.

• 9 months later...

I'm digging this back up. In the latest version, I removed the curvy line in the middle and tweaked the outline of the shield. The colors turned out a little faded, that was not intended.

KCRoyalsAlternateLogocopy.png

Archived