AHL coming to Windsor?

Dilbert

winghaz, you beat me to it...I was thinking Windsor Waters, rather than Windsor and Waters, however.

Windsor Cokes was the first thing that popped into my head.

That reminds me of a story.

My wife and I were in Fort Worth, Texas, one time for a conference my wife had. And everybody in her group decided to go to Billy Bob's the famous honkytonk.

My wife ordered a Windsor and water, and the barmaid goes, "What?" She had never heard of Windsor Canadian whiskey. My wife had to order a Jim Beam, instead.

Oh no way... wow.. didnt Windsor have a AHL franchise back then?? or was it the old IHL franchise? Hmm gonna have to dig into my research project and see what I can find out...

Windsor Bulldogs (1929-1936) in the original IHL, and in the last IHL...

Windsor Gotfredsons (1945-1946)

Windsor Spitfires (1945-1947)

Windsor Staffords (1946-1948)

Windsor Ryancretes (1948-1950)

Windsor Bulldogs (1963-1964)

Spitfires would be a great name...

safet.gif

Or Windsor Plywood...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I'd rather it not be Spitfires because of the OHL team, but something in the same vein like the Hurricanes or even the Defiants, my personal favourite, for obvious reasons. :)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Any updates on the possible Windsor Ontrario AHL club? expansion or relocation? God I hope they Move San Antonio, Houston and all those South of the Mason Dixon line teams...

Because those ignorant NASCAR-loving rednecks don't like or understand the game and never will and we should abandon trying to bring the game to them.

Please...

OK-status of the AHL team-it is the relocation of the currently dormant Cincinnati AHL franchise (former Mighty Ducks that didn't relaunch this year for lack of ticket sales). It should play next year provided that they can get a NHL parent as per AHL bylaws.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That would be for 2007/08 if the Windsor franchise can be launched.. but what if that team run into some problems?? Then that will be pushed back a year or more?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

There are only two scenarios that could possibly result in a delay IMO.

1) Lack of a completed arena to play at.

2) Lack of a NHL parent.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived