New MSG.com

goforbroke

Just wondering if anyone in the NY area (or anywhere really) had time to check out the new MSG.com website. If not, please do and let me know what you think.

The new MSG logo is there and it now has flash and pulldown menus and all the bells and whistles a 2006 website should have.

please bear in mind it just went up and we are having some tiny issues still.

Thanks

www.msg.com

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

The thing that jumps out at me is that the main nav and "insights"/"multimedia" graphics seem very generic. It also feels like the main image is much larger than it needs to be but in both cases I think I'm just nit-picking. It's not spectacular but it's not horrible. Pretty solid.

Love the design. The colors look nice and the flash is... flashy. Only thing I'd like to see is an index page for each of the menus. For example, hovering on NFL pulls up Jets and Giants, but clicking on NFL does nothing. Would be nice if there was a main NFL index page with a small blurb of the top stories on the Jets and Giants pages.

Love the design. The colors look nice and the flash is... flashy. Only thing I'd like to see is an index page for each of the menus. For example, hovering on NFL pulls up Jets and Giants, but clicking on NFL does nothing. Would be nice if there was a main NFL index page with a small blurb of the top stories on the Jets and Giants pages.

We really only cover the local teams. we figure most people who come to our site are interested in the locals and let espn.com take care of the nationals.

We will on occasion put national stories on the home page if there is a big national story (like the first game back at the superdome)

There is also a league news box on each of the team pages (lower left) that has the top stories from around the league

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

We really only cover the local teams. we figure most people who come to our site are interested in the locals and let espn.com take care of the nationals.

We will on occasion put national stories on the home page if there is a big national story (like the first game back at the superdome)

There is also a league news box on each of the team pages (lower left) that has the top stories from around the league

That's all cool. I think you misunderstood me, though. I wasn't talking about additional content or covering more teams, just additional navigational pages. For example: Rangers, Devils, Islanders and Sabres all have a page now that you can reach from the navigational bar at the top of the screen. I'm suggesting possibly putting an index page that opens when clicking the top of that menu (NHL) and creating a page that has 4 top story blurbs with links to the Rangers, Islanders, Devils and Sabres pages.

It's a minor thing that would make the navigation seem more solid, and it could prove to come in handy down the road. Especially if you have a story that affects two local teams instead of just one. Just an idea. Site looks great overall.

Archived