NE Revolution Crest Design

Pharos04

So with the possibility of the Rapids changing next year to a more shield/crest design for their logo, seems the Revolution are the only team in MLS without a formal crest. They are also one of only three teams in MLS that hasn't changed, altered, or slightly tweaked their logo since their inception. Chicago and Columbus are the other two and they both use a shield/crest. So i mulled through some ideas and came up with with as a starting point. The font used is the same one the Patriots use for names on their uniforms since the the Rev and Pats are both owned by Robert Kraft. the 6 stars represent the 6 states that make up New England. (the current logo uses 6 stars in the ball shape in the canton). I want to either put a pine tree, crossed muskets, or a coiled snake in the center as a final touch. The only reason i want to avoid the snake is because of the logo Nike came up with for US Soccer which is a badass logo. Any thoughts and ideas and general comments would be appreciated.

RevolutionCrest.png

there is alot of empty space in between the stars maybe put a soccer ball in there or a r.

I did that because I'd like opinions on what to put there. I have a soccer ball above the "New England" An "R" could work but again was thinking maybe a coiled snake or crossed muskets or something along those lines.

RevolutionCrestPine.pngRevolutionCrestSnake.pngRevolutionCrestRifles.png

Ok here are 3 designs i've come up with utlizing something in the middle. Again, the Pine Tree is a symbol of New England and was used on old NE Flags along with Navy ensigns. The snake was a symbol of the revolution as a whole with the "Don't Tread on Me" motto. The crossed muskets looks pretty cool i think. Thoughts?

OK. Three things.

1. I''d like to see the NE strip straightened out just like the Revolution one.

2. Go with the old volleyball looking ball. No real reason behind this other than I think it looks better.

3. Add an eagle to hold the shield.

Anyways...great job.

I do like the pine tree one. I would take the space below the "REVOLUTION" wordmake and make it white with a red St. George cross as that is on several versions of New England flags too.

I'd take the space above "NEW ENGLAND" and replace that with alternating red & white vertical stripes. with the soccerball on the middle red vertical stripe

I wouldn't go for the rattlesnake "Don't tread on me" logo (otherwise known as the Christopher Gadsden flag) as it is from South Carolina.

I'm not too keen on the crossed muskets either.

I might suggest another version using the minuteman statue as a logo

New England Minuteman

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

ok, I took some of your ideas and implemented them. I tried adding red/white stripes anywhere on the shield and it made it look cluttered. I didn't want to try the St. George's Cross due to the fact the Revolution eventually came to mean breaking away from Mother England. So I wanted to avoid any complete English references. I kept the snake because it's still a symbol that is widly accepted as meaning the Revolution. I eliminated the Pine Tree version because of the mismatched green color that would be present. I tried adding it to the bottom of the shield but again, same reason as mentioned. I decied to add the year of inception at the top where the soccer ball was and moved that down to the bottom part of the crest. i probably should switch them but i want outside ideas. I did use the Minuteman Statue from Lexington instead of the known one from Concord causei actually like the one in Lexington better and that is where the first battle was fought. Anyways enough explanation, here are the new ideas. Again all C&C appreciated:

RevolutionCrestMMver3.pngRevolutionCrestRiflesver3.pngRevolutionCrestSnakever3.png

I'd make the minuteman sharper and change the number on top from "96" the year the team was founded to "1776" the year the nation was founded instead. Unlike Houston if any team could get away with a number on their logo it would be this team.

Otherwise pretty good

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Thanks for all the input everyone. These are the last three i'm toying with, using the Minuteman Statue. The first has it cleaned up a LOT from the original picture. Stupid paint and lack of patience doesn't help much lol. The other two i changed "96" with "1775" (the beginning of the Revolution) and "1776" (signing of the Declaration of Independence) Thoughts on these 3 and which of them you think is the best

RevolutionCrestMMver4-2.pngRevolutionCrestMMver4-1.pngRevolutionCrestMMver4.png

• 2 months later...

OK I haven't seen this thread for a while but after seeing speedy's LA Galaxy Concept I thought I would try to find my old Revs concept and perhaps actually finish it. I added 3 versions with older style script. and Olde English version, a different style of the Olde English, and one appropriately named "John Hancock".

RevolutionCrestMMver5-2.pngRevolutionCrestMMver5-1.pngRevolutionCrestMMver5.png

C&C Appreciated and still very much welcomed

Archived