Mistakes in Logo Facts

goforbroke

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

found this under illnois, sounds like a opinion, not a fact

Contrary to the other post, tribal backing had nothing to do with the NCAA's decision to ban Chief Illiniwek and the indian logo. The NCAA they were the moral compass only when it was convinient for them. Florida State is a huge money football school, therfore, Chief Osceola isn't offensive to them.

Contrary to the other post, tribal backing had nothing to do with the NCAA's decision to ban Chief Illiniwek and the indian logo. The NCAA they were the moral compass only when it was convinient for them. Florida State is a huge money football school, therfore, Chief Osceola isn't offensive to them.

And it's a perfact example of why this "Logo Facts" program just isn't working - personal grudges and misinformation masquerading as fact, and worse yet given the stamp of legitimacy solely because they're on Chris's website.

And it's a perfact example of why this "Logo Facts" program just isn't working - personal grudges and misinformation masquerading as fact, and worse yet given the stamp of legitimacy solely because they're on Chris's website.

I agree. Logofacts needs to go.

The Nashville Kats' logo fell into the Cumberland River in 2001 and was presumed dead, but he preservered, despite losing his guitar, his football and leather jacket, despite his flesh rotting away, despite even becoming fossilized. He found a hockey stick in the river bank and worked up his strength by learning to play hockey. Then he finally came out of the river and joined the Predators!

HOW IS THIS A FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fact: this is the best fact yet.

I agree. Logofacts needs to go.

no logofacts, needs to have a better filter system before it goes up as a fact

Serbia and Montenegro should be move to inactive members of UEFA. The World Cup shirts are described as 2006-08 even though Serbia national team uses completely different kit.

P. S. I know it's not exactly about logo facrs but I didn't want to start a new theread just for it.

Serbia & Montenegro are still active, so why would you move them? Also, The lotto kits in the Uniform section of Serbia & Montenegro, are the EXACT same kits they wore at the World Cup 2006. Same kit template as the Ukraine

sigen.jpg

I always thought that the Minnesota WIld's logo was a bear's head, but apparently it is actually a timberwolf...

Where did you hear this?

Yeah, I remember hearing that it WAS a bear head.

Heh, I always thought it was a cougar or wildcat of some sort.

Serbia and Montenegro should be move to inactive members of UEFA. The World Cup shirts are described as 2006-08 even though Serbia national team uses completely different kit.

P. S. I know it's not exactly about logo facrs but I didn't want to start a new theread just for it.

Serbia & Montenegro are still active, so why would you move them?

Because on June 3, 2006 Montenegro declared independence from Serbia. On June 28, 2006 the Serbian and Montenegrin teams were split. So the "Serbia and Montenegro" national team should be placed with the other inactive UEFA members.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbia_national_football_team

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montenegro_na...l_football_team

Something that has bothered me since the day I found this site, is that over half of the "Orioles Event Logos" aren't logos at all. They are lapel pins.

for example:

BAL_633.gif

BAL_630.gif

BAL_638.gif

I don't want to post them all but you get the idea

DucksCupSig.png

ChargersSig4.gif

Because on June 3, 2006 Montenegro declared independence from Serbia. On June 28, 2006 the Serbian and Montenegrin teams were split. So the "Serbia and Montenegro" national team should be placed with the other inactive UEFA members.

Still doesnt explain all the b*****ks you were talking about the kit

sigen.jpg

Still doesnt explain all the b*****ks you were talking about the kit

Calm down and take a deep breath skippy. Wilt was talking about the kits, not me.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah...another fine example of "What the hell are you talking about"...

Detroit being home to the auto industry, the Lions logo is based off of the early Ford Mustang logo, with stripes behind a side profile of a mustang. The Lions used the same concept yet replaced the mustang with a lion.

Posted by Jesse Schmidt on September 11, 2006

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=472

What? The logo described was unveiled in 1961 the Mustang in 1964. I doubt the logo from a car not yet created was the inspiration for that logo. Or Chris has the date wrong.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived