Top 10 NFL Logos

plamenj

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice post, thank you for sharing this.

I am actually surprised at how easy it was to rate the logos. There is a very harsh difference between the ones that are a nice design, and those that are bad design. Not team preference, but design.

Goods: Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Indy, Philly, Seattle, Tennessee

Those are far and away the best.

Strange the 'designers' picked the Pats' flying elvis. That logo blows goats.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

All of the designers' top ten are what I would call horizontal logos. Notice now many are the heads of animals (or Elvis) facing left or right and implying some sort of motion. The readers' picks have more shield or badge logos.

And I don't know how a team that doesn't really even have a logo (Cleveland) gets voted #2.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

The Philadelphia eagle is facing the wrong direction.

I don't think so... since your eye moves from left to right, you are seeing the head first, as opposed to the back of the head. I get that if you are speaking in terms of motion, it looks like it is moving left as opposed to right, but I think asthetically it looks better facing left. Actually, some of those other logos would look better facing left.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Actually, when a couple of years ago Johnnie Walker scotch whiskey revamped their logo, they changed the direction Johnnie is walking - the brand consultancy flipped the left facing figure so that he now goes right and thus symbolizes forward movement*.

*the consultancy said

Guess this little poll shows that some people just like the LOOK of things; others better understand all the technical aspects about and behind the logo designs. Either way it goes, how the Texans logo didn't even get voted into the top 10 reader's poll apalls me. And, though it has a good many lil' details, the Buccaneer flag didn't even make the editors' poll--WTF???

Now, can someone tell me how the ST LOUIS RAMS logo made it into anyone's top 10? That thing has not a singular ounce of ferocity to it AT ALL. And I'm not even going to start on a team whose logo, for all intents and purposes, is a BLANK DAMN HELMET. How is THAT better than the Texans'? Or even the Raiders, for that matter? Or the Cardinal birdhead? And how is it that Denver's logo tops both lists? Makes me think this list was concocted either in the Denver area, or by some people with a serious sense of devotion to Denver, because in all the "best logos this and that" threads thoughout this forum, I can't EVER recall seeing Denver as anyone's top logo, let alone the top five.

But--again, this is a bunch of readers and the editors of this LogoDesign thing, quite possibly swayed by some homerism? I only say that because:

There must be some serious Broncos fans out there. The broncos logo has over 3000 votes, well above other team?s logos.
from the administrator of that site

That's just my two Rusted Lincolns about the whole thing. And in case anyone's curious, I love my Buccaneer's flag and the ship, but ask me to vote for the best NFL logos and I'd say the Texans, the Seahawks, the Falcons (because it sorts forms an "F"--now if only they played off that a lil more...) and the fleur-de-lis (along with said pirate flag).

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Guess this little poll shows that some people just like the LOOK of things; others better understand all the technical aspects about and behind the logo designs. Either way it goes, how the Texans logo didn't even get voted into the top 10 reader's poll apalls me. And, though it has a good many lil' details, the Buccaneer flag didn't even make the editors' poll--WTF???

Now, can someone tell me how the ST LOUIS RAMS logo made it into anyone's top 10? That thing has not a singular ounce of ferocity to it AT ALL. And I'm not even going to start on a team whose logo, for all intents and purposes, is a BLANK DAMN HELMET. How is THAT better than the Texans'? Or even the Raiders, for that matter? Or the Cardinal birdhead? And how is it that Denver's logo tops both lists? Makes me think this list was concocted either in the Denver area, or by some people with a serious sense of devotion to Denver, because in all the "best logos this and that" threads thoughout this forum, I can't EVER recall seeing Denver as anyone's top logo, let alone the top five.

But--again, this is a bunch of readers and the editors of this LogoDesign thing, quite possibly swayed by some homerism? I only say that because:

There must be some serious Broncos fans out there. The broncos logo has over 3000 votes, well above other team?s logos.
from the administrator of that site

That's just my two Rusted Lincolns about the whole thing. And in case anyone's curious, I love my Buccaneer's flag and the ship, but ask me to vote for the best NFL logos and I'd say the Texans, the Seahawks, the Falcons (because it sorts forms an "F"--now if only they played off that a lil more...) and the fleur-de-lis (along with said pirate flag).

There has to be some douche bag (or bags) messing up the voters' poll on that site. Don't even pay attention to it. All internet polls can be messed with. The admin doesn't find anything fishy about how one logo has far more votes than any of the others?

The uniform bracket got messed with on ESPN.com by some guy voting thousands of time for the Broncos. Stephen Colbert somehow got more votes than the entire population of Hungary on a site (in Hungarian) to name a bridge in that country. Internet polls are inaccurate and a joke. Just pay attention to the designers' poll.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Are they voting for the 10 WORST Logos?

They are all horrible except for the Seahawks.

AND... NFL logos aren't important, it's the helmet design that should be voted on. The team helmet is their identity.

Agreed. Especially since it's the most visible element of the NFL uniform. Sure, people see the jerseys as the main ingredient, but it's that dome that really sets off everything else. And so, in that regard, if I was to vote on best HELMET, ain't no way the Broncos helmet would be that high up on the list. It ain't bad--just not one of the best in terms of identity. I like the Texans' dome a lot, but if you were going for sheer identity--something that upon seeing it ONCE the image got burned into your head, like you INSTANTLY know what it is...that'd HAVE to be my Buccaneers' domes. That bright red flag set off against that petwer background...you wanna talk about POP? There you go...

Of course, there are others. For the sake of ingenuity, I'd give that vote to the Eagles (for the winghead look) and the Vikings (with or without black detail). OH--and the Bengals, for those tiger stripes. That was pure genius, whoever came up with that idea.

just some more of my humble opinion...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

My top ten NFL logos would consist of:

1) Jacksonville Jaguars

2) Seattle Seahawks

3) Philadelphia Eagles

4) Atlanta Falcons

5) New England Patriots

6) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

7) Houston Texans

8) Denver Broncos

9) St. Louis Rams

10) Arizona Cardinals

My top ten NFL helmets would consist of:

1) Seattle Seahawks

2) Cincinnati Bengals

3) Jacksonville Jaguars

4) St. Louis Rams

5) Philadelphia Eagles

6) Atlanta Falcons

7) San Diego Chargers

8) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

9) Denver Broncos

10) New England Patriots

I think the Jags' logo is pretty awful. It looks awkward, has a nasty teal color in there, and it disappears on the black helmet.

My top ten helmets would be: Bengals, Seahawks, Bucs, Falcons, Texans, Broncos, Giants, 49ers, Rams, Cardinals

Little to no love for the 49ers. It's one of the best logos that has withstood the test of time. Even the updated logo with the band of gold added to it looks good. I hate to say it, but the Cowboys star and Giants "NY" logos are also very well done, timeless and traditional. If you do it right the first time, you don't have to update every ten years.

The Buccaneers have the greatest modern logo package in football, I think. It transformed an entire team and a city. As soon as they ditched Bucco Bruce and the bright orange, the Bucs became the NFC Raiders, except they have a shorter prison rap sheet and actually win games. When a logo redesign changes the entire attitude of your organization, that's worth recognizing.

The Cleveland Browns lack of logo, that awful Atlanta Falcons logo, and the Cincinnati Bengals "B" logo, are on this list. Are they serious? The Bengals have great helmets, but the logo? Come on. I think some "homer" element was involved in this selection process.

Oh, and I happen to like the flying Elvis Pats logo, though I am a native New Englander and not a Patriots fan.

mainescarf.png

Archived