Red Auerbach Memorial Patch...

dirwuf

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pharos, I would have never imagined the Patriots logo in 3D or anything, but your avatar is awesome :wink2:

Thanks jtthasporfreak. I liked it and just went with what felt right and it came out the exavt way i wanted.

Celtics are playing the Hornets tonight, should have some game pics with the patch

Are you high?!?!

He was MUCH more important! He made the Celtics maybe the greatest dynasty of all time outside of maybe the Yankees. But even more of note, he did it using black players and an all black starting roster in a city that even now is not particularly great when it comes to race issues. He also named the first black coach in any sport in Russell. The victory cigar is named after him! So he didn't start the team, what does that matter? Was it that revolutionary to start a team in one of the greatest cities in the country like Halas? Like someone wouldn't have put a team there anyway. The comparison is not even close to how important what he accomplished is even to this day in terms of social relevance in life, not only basketball.

Halas was important, but Red is one of the greatest figures in all of sports. Not just his own sport.

Some sort of permanent tribute like the Bears' GSH would be a nice touch...

Great idea. If anyone deserves that, it's him.

You're right - if anyone does, Red does.

But, as important as he was, he doesn't.

He might have made the Celtics a force in basketball, but he wasn't anything like Halas in terms of his singular contribution to his club.

I love the idea of a red shamrock with his initials - we'll see.

patch on jerseys

Red_emblem_uni_300.gif

Memorial logo...

that looks like one of those visual tricks where you're shown a word like 'blue' but its written in a red color and you have to identify the word as quickly as you can. Anyhow, thats just what came to mind...

Someone did a mockup of that here, didn't they? That's another interesting idea, but I'm not sure about reducing a man like Red Auerbach to a caricature.

r4140470575.jpg

r883849797.jpg

That doesn't look too bad on the uniforms. Hopefully they could move it to the back after this season or something perminant. and the full-blown logo looks perfect on the parquet. Too bad the Celtics couldn't cap it off with a win. ah well, it's only the first game of the season right?

Someone did a mockup of that here, didn't they? That's another interesting idea, but I'm not sure about reducing a man like Red Auerbach to a caricature.

Why not?

Its almost Hitchcock-esque.

Not to mention that it is simple and not overblown, much like the man himself. I like it and actually think it is perfect.

Archived