LeBron Retro Bobblehead

Burning River

I really hate it when they do a current player in retro garb, whether it be a fan in a jersey, or things like this.

It is the jersey he will be wearing in the game where they give the bobbleheads away. What is wrong with that? It's not like he's never going to wear the jersey... :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it make more sense to have someone who actually played in that era to be honored with a bobblehead, rather than a guy who's going to wear the uniform once?

THe trick is finding someone who will admit to playing for the Cavs in that era.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Wouldn't it make more sense to have someone who actually played in that era to be honored with a bobblehead, rather than a guy who's going to wear the uniform once?

name a Cavs player from that era who is going to get people more excited about getting their bobblehead than Lebron James. It makes more sense to have the face of the franchise on the bobblehead than a guy that few people, especially young people (the people will most likely want the bobblehead the most) actually know. A Mark Price or Craig Ehlo bobblehead would not move as many units as Lebron James.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Well....

World B. Free would be a nice gesture. Some feel that his Jersey #21 should be retired. He single handedly generated a new interest in the "CAVS" in the early 80s. They lost to the Celtics in a Play-Off series, but the love affair was rekindled.

Now that I think about it: I think that's what the Cavaliers may be celebrating with this "25 Years" deal. It's been 25 years since the franchise escaped the Stepien era. After Stepien sold the team to the Gunds... the Cavaliers were re-born. Well... the CAVS were born... The team was in danger of leaving town.

I don't think Price or Ehlo ever wore that jersey...

Actually they both did for 1 year, but neither really made their name until later

yeah, I'm just saying that it would be foolish for them not to use Lebron James for this bobblehead, no matter what uniform he's wearing.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Honestly, it's probably not a big deal, but it's just a HUGE pet peeve of mine. Few things bother me more than seeing a powder blue Lemieux or Crosby jersey, or a red Ovechkin.

I am in total agreement with you on this, but if the Cavs are wearing these jerseys that night then it makes sense to me that the bobblehead would have that jersey, and I think it would make a cool collector's item. But yeah, I can't imagine what someone has to be thinking with those 60's-era Lemieux jerseys.

Archived