Finalists for NWL Green Bay team name

DrBear

... Stink on ice. From Ballpark Digest:

The group bringing a summer-collegiate Northwoods League team to Green Bay have settled on five team-name finalists: Bullfrogs, Buzz, Gargoyles, Gobblers and Skeeters. Everyone is invited to visit the team?s website, titletownbaseball.com, and vote for their favorite. The voting will run through October 31.

(and here's the sad part)

Entries for the team name ran the gamut from historical references of Jean Nicolet and other various early settlers, to nautical references of the Fox River and the Bay. Fans used both real and imaginary wildlife creatures which could be found in the "Northwoods" in their quest to name the team, while other ideas submitted made reference to the hallowed football legacy Green Bay has become so very well known for. Others elected to submit entries based on the long history of baseball at Joannes Stadium and the teams that had played there.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

What is it with baseball teams and Gobblers. That was one of the finalists for the Lehigh Valley team.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived