SPRINGFIELD Cardinals New Sunday Logo

McCall

I know we're just a Minor League team, but I felt with our parent club having just won the World Series, I'd go ahead and post our new Sunday logo. It was approved at the end of the season, and we actually recieved the hats last week, when they weren't supposed to arrive until January. I've had a photo of the hat on my phone, and showed a few people, but did not reveal it on here prematurely, as I have a great job and want to keep it. Anyways here it it. I love it cuz it actually can be used as more of a St. Louis Cardinals logo as well as Springfield:

1072.jpeg

So, there it is. Peace.

Springfield Cardinals, Double-A Affiliate of the 2006 World Champion St. Louis Cardinals

You beat me to it, McCall...but you do have the inside track.

I was pretty pumped about the Sunday hat at first, but the more I see it the more I agree with Gothamite. I think that hat with just Sluggerbird could look pretty sharp. It's a great logo, modernizing the old one, and the stirrups are a classic touch - especially because St. Louis' minor league players are required to show the stirrups when they play.

I'll definitely get one of those. Gotta complete the collection. It'll be a fun cap to sport at Hammons next summer.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Can someone please help me out and explain what a "Sunday" logo is? Is it a special thing worn on that particular day of the week only??

------------------------------------------

ps: off/topic, but it's been on my mind every time that I visit this forum: Why do the moderators let the signature-sizes get so out of control? Some of these members' signatures are ridiculously large, and sometimes triple-stacked. Add to that the epilepsy-seizure risk of the flashing items that some have.

Is there a standard-size that enforced here....becuase some appear to be way way too much.

-----------------------------------------

Thanks for the privilege of asking. :flagcanada:

Agreed - minor league logos are more than welcome here.

I love the bird, but hate the "C". Team nickname initials don't belong on caps, especially when they're cluttering up an otherwise beautiful logo.

Believe me, when it comes to Nickname letters on hats, I am probably one of the "Leaders of the Opposition". But in the case of alts, I kinda let it slide. If it's only an occasional hat, it's not really to big of a deal to me. (Like the Indians and their "I" caps, though I hate that hat just cuz the "I" doesn't look very good on the hat by itself.) Plus this is Minor Leagues, where I can kinda understand them using nickname letters on their hats. But for everyday hats in the Major Leagues, I am in complete and total agreement with you on the subject.

BTW, I just completed 7 weeks of working at Busch Stadium, so I haven't been around my store at Hammons Field very much. I stopped by last week when I was home for a couple of days, and that day happened to be the day these arrived, but they weren't supposed to until January, so I don't know if we are actually selling them yet. I kinda assume we are, since they went ahead and unveiled it. I'll probably hafta take some pictures of the hat and upload to our Online Store (springfieldcardinalsgear.com) if were able to sell them now. If any of you happen to go by our ballpark to purchase one (assuming we CAN sell them), just tell'em Matt sent ya. ^_^ (Sorry, I may be the Supervisor, but I can't get any discounts. They keep pretty tight eyes on that. Especially with such new stuff.)

Matt - The News-Leader made it sound like the hats would be available for purchase immediately. I think it's perfect timing. The Cardinals are going to be involved in the Festival of Lights kick-off ceremony next Saturday, so why not get the hot new merchandise out for people to buy their favorite Cardinals fan for Christmas?

I'm getting mine...but probably not 'til opening day.

Take it easy, and keep up the great work. The class with which that organization is run makes it really easy to be a Springfield Cardinals fan. You all represent my hometown well.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Matt - The News-Leader made it sound like the hats would be available for purchase immediately. I think it's perfect timing. The Cardinals are going to be involved in the Festival of Lights kick-off ceremony next Saturday, so why not get the hot new merchandise out for people to buy their favorite Cardinals fan for Christmas?

I'm getting mine...but probably not 'til opening day.

Take it easy, and keep up the great work. The class with which that organization is run makes it really easy to be a Springfield Cardinals fan. You all represent my hometown well.

Yeah, I believe I'll be working that little event. It'll definately be a change of pace after being in the bigs (so to speak) for a while. But, yeah, I guess we'll be selling them now. Since I am still out of town (seeing my niece for a couple of days in Cape Girardeau), It'll probably be Monday before I can get to the store and take pics, run them through Photoshop so they're ready to go onto the website. But you can order one, if you're wanting to, just by calling the Team Store, at (417) 832-3023.

St. Louis' minor league players are required to show the stirrups when they play.

Why doesn't this continue to the majors? I don't think anyone on the St. Louis Cardinals shows sock.

St. Louis' minor league players are required to show the stirrups when they play.

Why doesn't this continue to the majors? I don't think anyone on the St. Louis Cardinals shows sock.

Actually Anthony Reyes continued wearing them once he made it to St. Louis, and Jason Marquis started to wear them for like the final couple of months of this season.

Actually Anthony Reyes continued wearing them once he made it to St. Louis, and Jason Marquis started to wear them for like the final couple of months of this season.

Indeed. Juan Encarnacion and Yadi Molina both tried it a few times as well.

I like the look, but I'm not a big fan of instituting a dress code that strictly for the major league team.

Can someone please help me out and explain what a "Sunday" logo is? Is it a special thing worn on that particular day of the week only??

------------------------------------------

ps: off/topic, but it's been on my mind every time that I visit this forum: Why do the moderators let the signature-sizes get so out of control? Some of these members' signatures are ridiculously large, and sometimes triple-stacked. Add to that the epilepsy-seizure risk of the flashing items that some have.

Is there a standard-size that enforced here....becuase some appear to be way way too much.

-----------------------------------------

Thanks for the privilege of asking. :flagcanada:

Yes, "Sunday alts" are worn just on Sunday, like the Braves' red jersey and the 2001 White Sox throwback alts.

As far as sigs, there is an option to turn them off. I did it years ago. Make visiting at work doable.

As far as this logo, I like it. Reminds me of the old '80s swinging bird St. Louis used.

Archived