Bayou Classic Uni's

ahub

Yellow-on-yellow should be banned. It would look good with white pants, maybe blue, but the yellow pants would kill it.

Grambling, on the other hand, looks like a hot mess. I'm happy that they're actually acknowledging the fact that they have red in their color. But they've done it horribly, horribly wrong.

Which brings me to my point: These teams love to show out on this game. Normally they wear some decent-looking uniforms during the season. But let the Bayou Classic hit, then all bets are off.

I guess I'm alone in the fact that I like how Grambling looks. I guess I just like the combo of red and black together.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Well...red IS actually in the athletic teams' color palette...it just rarely gets used.

This also isn't the first time Southern has worn solid yellow in the Bayou Classic.

But all references and opinions of uniforms tossed aside, no one who goes to the Bayou Classic is there primarily for the football game. They go there for the main attraction:

THE BATTLE OF THE BANDS!!!

That's what y'all who ain't up on that NEED to check out. Halftime IS gametime at this classic (and most other HCBU's too, for that matter)!

(Anyone who saw the movie "Drumline" should know what I'm talking about by all that.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Well...red IS actually in the athletic teams' color palette...it just rarely gets used.

This also isn't the first time Southern has worn solid yellow in the Bayou Classic.

But all references and opinions of uniforms tossed aside, no one who goes to the Bayou Classic is there primarily for the football game. They go there for the main attraction:

That's what y'all who ain't up on that NEED to check out. Halftime IS gametime at this classic (and most other HCBU's too, for that matter)!

(Anyone who saw the movie "Drumline" should know what I'm talking about by all that.)

True but anybody who has ever played on a drumline can't take that movie seriously.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

True but anybody who has ever played on a drumline can't take that movie seriously.

Point taken. There were a few things that us who've been in a HS or college band know would never happen...but then there's also a whole lot in that movie that reminds me so much of my days on the drumline, being back home, the fish frys, P-rankings (and that "flashing headlight" thing was dead-on, too, t least for me), the choreography...however, at the end, that whole "spotlight" thing, along with the "circle formation"...before that movie I can't recall ever having seen that, not even with the FAMU Marching 100...the largest and longest-tenured HBCU line there is.

But still...getting back to the topic at hand here...considering the look, and who it was designed by, knowing what I know about Big Boi's (and, by extension, OutKast Clothing's eccentricies)...coulda been a hell of a lot worse.

But I don't think Arthur Blank wil let one Antwan Patton anywhere NEAR the Atlanta Falcons uniform design board. (Neither will NFL Properties, for that matter, since they don't, nor will they, allow teams to accept designs from private sources, thanks to that fiasco with the Ravan head logo in Baltimore some years back.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Point taken. There were a few things that us who've been in a HS or college band know would never happen...but then there's also a whole lot in that movie that reminds me so much of my days on the drumline, being back home, the fish frys, P-rankings (and that "flashing headlight" thing was dead-on, too, t least for me), the choreography...however, at the end, that whole "spotlight" thing, along with the "circle formation"...before that movie I can't recall ever having seen that, not even with the FAMU Marching 100...the largest and longest-tenured HBCU line there is.

But still...getting back to the topic at hand here...considering the look, and who it was designed by, knowing what I know about Big Boi's (and, by extension, OutKast Clothing's eccentricies)...coulda been a hell of a lot worse.

But I don't think Arthur Blank wil let one Antwan Patton anywhere NEAR the Atlanta Falcons uniform design board. (Neither will NFL Properties, for that matter, since they don't, nor will they, allow teams to accept designs from private sources, thanks to that fiasco with the Ravan head logo in Baltimore some years back.)

Yeah I was talking about the sharps and flats on the drum notation in that drum trigger software scene...

But to stay on the topic- Grambling could have worked red into their unies much better. The jersey they started with, however, has too many elements to begin with. Southern's are alright. I like the yellow jerseys and pants, just not together.

Since the Bayou Classic is always this painful to look at, why hasn't some equipment manager, or anybody who has a say in unie selection stopped this from happening over and over again?

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Gramblng's uniforms show promise, but I've never seen even an OK looking Southern uniform. They've always been eyesores.

there...fixed :D

as B mentioned, recently Grambling hasn't used red all that often. the helmets used to have a gold-red-gold stripe, and the uniforms had a lot of red, though when Eddie Robinson stepped down and Doug Williams took over, the stripe was removed, as was all the red. heh, it's kinda funny when I think about the very notable differences between the 97 and 98 sets...97 looked like the Titans with Steeler-ish numbers...shoot, I don't think there even WAS a white jersey in that set, while 98 looked like practice uniforms-plain black with gold #s, plain white with black #s.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived