Selig to retire

jkrdevil

I'm kind of curious of his plans to teach. I'd love to take a class taught by an MLB commish.

...and when he runs out of teaching material, he'll throw his hands in the air and call it a class, despite the lesson being incomplete.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Perhaps this one will allow Charlie Hustle into the Hall...

I'm kind of curious of his plans to teach. I'd love to take a class taught by an MLB commish.

No comissioner will allow Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame, nor should they. I explained why in the Hall of Fame Bollot thread and am not going to repeat myself. He put in question the integrity of the game.

Selig never intended to let Rose back in baseball. He probably told Rose to come clean knowing that would get the public off his back. Which it did.

...and when he runs out of teaching material, he'll throw his hands in the air and call it a class, despite the lesson being incomplete.

At least we'll get out early.

By putting Pete in the hall, I meant as a player only.

No, he'll end class late and give everyone C's.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

No comissioner will allow has the power to put Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame, nor shouldcan they.

There. Fixed that for ya.

The Commissioner of Baseball, nor anyone in MLB for that matter, has any authority over the Baseball Hall of Fame. They, like the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the NFL, the Basketball Hall of Fame and the NBA, etc., are separate institutions, and have no direct connection other than as contributor-to-recipient relationships.

That said, I've heard Selig's retirement drivel before... only to see him elected to a new term. So I'll believe he's out the door when he's either out the door, or taking a dirt nap. Either way, MLB is an afterthought to me anymore.

nav-logo.png

No comissioner will allow has the power to put Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame, nor shouldcan they.

There. Fixed that for ya.

The Commissioner of Baseball, nor anyone in MLB for that matter, has any authority over the Baseball Hall of Fame. They, like the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the NFL, the Basketball Hall of Fame and the NBA, etc., are separate institutions, and have no direct connection other than as contributor-to-recipient relationships.

That said, I've heard Selig's retirement drivel before... only to see him elected to a new term. So I'll believe he's out the door when he's either out the door, or taking a dirt nap. Either way, MLB is an afterthought to me anymore.

True, I phrased that wrong. I meant back in the game.

Why wait, Bud? Retire now and get a head start on teaching those classes and writing those books!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Stay, Bud, stay. Your replacement is Andy MacPhail. As a Cubs fan, I'd rather have a well-meaning doofus like Selig running the show than McFail.

2009 W is out of the White House hmmmmm

Can a President become MLB Comish?

He can't :censored: up baseball as bad as he's :censored:ed up the country, so why not?

I don't know he'll probably coherse the Yankees in to selling the naming rights of Yankee Stadium to Haliburton, allowing them to rename Yankee Stadium to Haliburton Stadium.

Wasn't it W that traded Sammy Sosa from the Rangers to the Cubs/white sox(i really don't remember the team he got traded too). I'm not a rangers fan so someone that follows them can answer this, are the Rangers better off now with him gone than when he was the owner?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The baseball fans in Montreal are counting the days, hours, minutes and seconds until

Bud "I don't want to see a third world series in a row with a Canadian team...let's have a baseball strike, since I am both owner of the Brewers AND interim de facto Baseball Comissioner" Selig is gone!!!

Montreal Expos Established May 1968 Disestablished February 2005 Reestablished 2010 MON AMOURS!!!! :flagcanada:

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

The baseball fans in Montreal are counting the days, hours, minutes and seconds until

Bud "I don't want to see a third world series in a row with a Canadian team...let's have a baseball strike, since I am both owner of the Brewers AND interim de facto Baseball Comissioner" Selig is gone!!!

Montreal Expos Established May 1968 Disestablished February 2005 Reestablished 2010 MON AMOURS!!!! :flagcanada:

I only have one thing to say: :rolleyes:

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

At least we'll get out early.

Not really. He'll realize that he ran out of material about 20 minutes into the next class hour. :D

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Wasn't it W that traded Sammy Sosa from the Rangers to the Cubs/white sox(i really don't remember the team he got traded too). I'm not a rangers fan so someone that follows them can answer this, are the Rangers better off now with him gone than when he was the owner?

Yeah, that was under Bush's watch, but remember, he was only the managing partner of the ownership group, and tended to focus on media relations in the Metroplex. Frankly, Sosa was far from good for the Rangers (or the White Sox, for that matter), so I'd consider it far from being a blight on his ownership tenure. After all, whilst he was managing partner, the Rangers got Nolan Ryan, Kevin Brown, Ruben Sierra, Juan Gonzales, and Rafael Palmiero, and most of all, the Ballpark at Arlington.

Archived