Super 14 changes

scottyvoodoo

I know there are a lot of people on the boards who won't care about this but for the few who do I thought I would post these. Adidas have changed the jerseys they make for the 6 teams they outfit in the Super 14. The old ones are on the left, the new ones are on the right.

super14a.png

super14b.png

super14c.png

They are all made from a lighter, apparently stronger material. The only change in terms of colors is for the Stormers who are now wearing navy instead of black to be more similar to their feeder team of Western Province. The rest are pretty cookie cutter. I don't like the fact that the Chiefs and Highlanders are so similar. The Blues and Hurricanes seem to have gone with an update of their uniforms from 4 years ago (before the previous set).

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

Most of them look like upgrades to me. Only thing I don't like is the weird thing across the chest for the Crusaders.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Blues Chiefs and Stormers all look better (although unoriginal) but uncertain about the others...i dont like the way adidas jerseys strips don't go all the way down the sleeve anymore (on football shirts either...)...but I am glad someones talking about rugby on here...any chance of talking about the ashes too?!

The Blues are the only ones i half-like. The Crusaders are yeh, whats that thing across the front? Stormers reminds me of a blue Liverpool shirt sort of. Chiefs and Highlanders are blah. Hurricanes to me, have gone backwards.

.but I am glad someones talking about rugby on here...any chance of talking about the ashes too?!

heh, not just yet mate, give it a couple of days, this match will be a draw.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I can't say that any of those is a marked improvement over last season. For some reason or another Adidas seems to test out all the crazy designs on is Super 14 sides. As is the case here there are odd panels and stripes. Of all of those designs I would give the Chiefs and Hurricanes a run first, Stormers and Highlanders are ok, Blues are a downgrade and the Crusaders just can't seem to put a good jersey together; what is that thing on the chest? At least they have the proper 3 stripes this time I suppose. Seeing these makes me want to redo my Super 14 set, if anyone is interested then drop me a line.

sig.png

It's bad enough having ads on the uniforms at all... but almost all the teams being sponsored by the same company? Ouch, that must get old fast.

Nice to see some Rugby on here, though. But I only really pay attention to the international stage.

I think you'll find that the logos are roughly the same size. Just compare their size to the collar width. They look smaller on the jersey because the jerseys themselves are layed out on a flat surface as opposed to on a dummy like in the old sets.

sig.png

It's bad enough having ads on the uniforms at all... but almost all the teams being sponsored by the same company? Ouch, that must get old fast.

Nice to see some Rugby on here, though. But I only really pay attention to the international stage.

Only the New Zealand teams are sponsored by the same companies, the rest all have their own. This is cause Ford and Adidas sponsor the NZRU so all their Super 14 teams don't have a say.

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

I think you'll find that the logos are roughly the same size. Just compare their size to the collar width. They look smaller on the jersey because the jerseys themselves are layed out on a flat surface as opposed to on a dummy like in the old sets.

You can tell this is true because the Ford logo looks like it has shrunk too. And I think I can guess what the odds of that ever happening are...

...any chance of talking about the ashes too?!

Oh yeh, why not?

**prepares to get hit**

Hahaha, sadly I'm magnanimous in defeat...Was awake til 8 this morning hearing the inevitable unfold...Warne was incredible, and we were not, Collingwood played well all game, but he was never gonna be the one to score quick runs...oh well, so if we win in perth and sydney we retain them...can we even do that (i'm preparing for massive defeat at the mcg)...we neeed panesar for the next game, and maybe mahmood too...anderson was marginally worse he harmison...and oh, why isn't chris read in the team?

I'm not gonna sound defeatist, but you are the far superior team (and lets face it, have been for some time now) last year wasn't a fluke though, but having jones fit and being at home helped a lot...les hope for 3 competitive matches (the last thing i want is a boring boxing day game (the only one i'll get to see on tv))...are you going?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived