USC Dominates Michigan in Rose Bowl Win

baseballking99

I wouldn't say they dominated, but yeah, they played great in the second half. Was there two #10s for USC? I swear I seen a guy on defense wearing #10. USC was smart, the running game wasn't working, so they started throwing the ball. Michigan tried too long to get the running game going when it wasn't working. USC played great, and they deserved to win that game.

MegatronSig2.jpg

OK, so how is this going to be spun?

(1) Er... it's been forever since we played! Yeah, same for Southern Cal

(2) OK, but we were deflated after getting the shaft by the BCS! Yeah, and Southern Cal had their spot ready until they coughed it up against UCLA

(3) Well...Well... We were deflated by our loss to Ohio State! Wah. Southern Cal was shocked by UCLA. They seemed to respond well. Why didn't you?

(4) But it doesn't matter, Florida doesn't deserve to play Ohio State! Apparently, neither do you.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I wouldn't say they dominated, but yeah, they played great in the second half. Was there two #10s for USC? I swear I seen a guy on defense wearing #10. USC was smart, the running game wasn't working, so they started throwing the ball. Michigan tried too long to get the running game going when it wasn't working. USC played great, and they deserved to win that game.

Yea Booty and Cushing the LB both wear 10

yankees-1.png

You're right. Instead of losing by 21 points, Michigan scores a late TD to make the margain 14 points.

Nevermind that Michigan was being well out-gained in yardage, both at halftime and at the end of the game.

OK, so how is this going to be spun?

(1) Er... it's been forever since we played! Yeah, same for Southern Cal

(2) OK, but we were deflated after getting the shaft by the BCS! Yeah, and Southern Cal had their spot ready until they coughed it up against UCLA

(3) Well...Well... We were deflated by our loss to Ohio State! Wah. Southern Cal was shocked by UCLA. They seemed to respond well. Why didn't you?

(4) But it doesn't matter, Florida doesn't deserve to play Ohio State! Apparently, neither do you.

Why are you assuming that is how Michigan fans will respond? I am a big Michigan fan. After the Ohio State game, I still believed that Michigan could be the best team, since it was at Ohio State. Tonight, USC just played better. That is it, no excuses, Michigan just didn't play good enough to win. Michigan couldn't stop their receivers. It wasn't because of a long break, not because of not making the BCS title game, USC just played better. I'm sure there are Michigan fans that will use excuses, but don't assume that is the way we all are

You're right. Instead of losing by 21 points, Michigan scores a late TD to make the margain 14 points.

Nevermind that Michigan was being well out-gained in yardage, both at halftime and at the end of the game.

Umm.....what did that have to do with what I said?

MegatronSig2.jpg

Well now Michigan fans can't say they got jipped after that whippin'.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Why are you assuming that is how Michigan fans will respond? I am a big Michigan fan. After the Ohio State game, I still believed that Michigan could be the best team, since it was at Ohio State. Tonight, USC just played better. That is it, no excuses, Michigan just didn't play good enough to win. Michigan couldn't stop their receivers. It wasn't because of a long break, not because of not making the BCS title game, USC just played better. I'm sure there are Michigan fans that will use excuses, but don't assume that is the way we all are

Who said I was talking about Michigan fans? The wheel that needs grease squeaks the most I suppose...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Is it me or does Michigan like losing Rose Bowls?

Yeah that and they seem to enjoy losing to Ohio State as well. :D

Ah the mighty Wolverines. Exposed once again for the posers they are. But hey "they only lost by 14" and "it was on the road." I guess in order for Michigan to win they need to find a way to play nothing but home games, if you beat them you have to win by at least 21, and they need to lobby to get the BCS title game moved to Ann Arbor. That's not too much to ask is it?

I'll admit it. After watching USC's defense throttle Michigan I'd rather play Florida. At least Florida doesn't normally score 35 a game to go with their defense. That said, Florida still scares me to death too. Honestly I wish we'd gotten Michigan again. At least that would have been an easy win.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Well, they did ONLY lose by 14...and they WERE tied at 3-3 at the half. Besides, the game was played on USC's HOME field.

Michigan STILL deserves a chance to play for the BCS National Championship because this game didn't really count.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Once again Michigan is exposed for the frauds they are.

Well, they did ONLY lose by 14...and they WERE tied at 3-3 at the half. Besides, the game was played on USC's HOME field.

Those thoughts sound familiar... :D Great minds think alike.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Michigan STILL deserves a chance to play for the BCS National Championship because this game didn't really count.

Point of order: The Rose Bowl is UCLA's home field. The LA Coliseum is USC's.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

it never takes long for osu fans to speak up does it?

granted this game was painful to watch in the second half (the secondary has always been suspect but DAM), but i was pretty hopeful in the first. thought they could turn it around and get something goin, but no. i get to watch a horrible secondary practically give up on the game after they got down a little bit, making usc already great recievers look even better and a good qb look amazing. that was great. aaaaaand the wolverines go out and get crushed after all that talk about how they were the #2 team and they were robbed. pitiful if you ask me. if you're gonna talk about how much of a better team you are than someone else you have got to prove it on the field. michigan just didn't get it done. but posers and frauds? lets be real. the only reason you didn't see michigan in the national title game was because the voters didn't want to see michigan in the title game. you can argue it all you want, but if you listen to what has been said, that's all it was. and sure, after this game you can say they didn't deserve it and you can say they wouldn't have given osu a good game the second time around, but i could counter that this game didn't really mean anything so i can't really blame the wolverines (secondary, offense, playcalling, just about all of them) for what looked like quitting. there's no excuse for what happened last night. usc just wanted it more. and somebody said the only way for michigan to win is to play at home? brady quinn just called. he says he'd like to have his heisman because he wasn't smacked around in south bend. no, that game never happened.

seriously people. playoffs?

Point of order: The Rose Bowl is UCLA's home field. The LA Coliseum is USC's.

...splittin hairs.

both in la. may as well have been a home game.

granted that shouldn't have mattered, but that's like miami (oh) playing a bowl game at paul brown stadium in cincinnati. sure, its not a home game, but its about the same thing.

Besides, the game was played on USC's HOME field.

Vince Young and Texas didn't seem to have a problem last year.

You win the point.

Moral of the Story: Michigan has no excuses, and all that whining about them deserving a rematch is put to bed.

Oops, I made a boo-boo when I was trying to be sarcastic, gents. Correction, "Besides, the game was played in USC's HOME city." Better?

Annnnnnnnyhooooo...

:censored: Michigan!

:censored: OSU!

Go Gators!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived