spyboy1

Martin Gelinas - #23 - Calgary Flames - "The Eliminator" - Scored the winning goal of the final game of each playoff series in overtime that the Calgary Flames won in 2004. Nice little bit of trivia. :D

Sorry Reaper, but Martin Gelinas scored the series winner against San Jose in regulation, and his Stanley Cup winning goal* was also in regulation in game six.

I second the nomination of getting the Gelinas red jersey...

*I know, I know, my therapist and I are making significant gains in terms of this issue...

Being a Wild fan, I doubt you'd want a Milan Hejduk sweater, though a Czech national team one might be cool.

Personally, I'd go with Bob Gainey. Habs with the captain's 'C', or for something special, this 1981 Canada Cup sweater with the 'A'.

Gainey.jpg

Being a fantasy hockey team owner last year, I doubt I'd want a Milan Hejduk sweater either. :mad:

I actually just sent in a Czech Sweater and went with old, reliable Jagr. I nearly went with Straka, but wussed out at the last minute.

I've got that Canada sweater as a Gretzky and a Lemieux already though. The Lemieux is actually a "M LEMIEUX" since Claude was also on the team at the time.

The Gomez idea isn't half bad at all since it would give me the chance to go with last year's "JM" memorial patch or this year's 25th Anniversary patch.

The Brian Bellows North Stars has obvious appeal for this fan who grew up watching the North Stars.

Tyler Hirsch? You mean this guy? -> :wacko: <-

That would be a "no" on the Hirsch...

Drury gives me the opportunity to get a Red Sabres Alternate, which I dont' have. Points for that one.

Who's this "Michael Jordan" dude you speak of?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I've got the 2002 Olympic rosters in front of me and for 23 I have:

Roman Ceechmanek Czec Republic

Vladimir Malakhov Russia

Lubos Bartecko Slovakia

And the reason I pulled out this folder was to look for my Kings jersey illustrations and lo and behold it's from the Stanley Cup season of '92-'93 (the one celebrating the 100 years of the Cup), and 23 on the Kings was Corey Millen.

I have to second the Bobby Nystrom suggestion. How can you go wrong with the guy who scored the Islanders first cup winning goal? They even have a few vailable on ebay.

The answer to that is easy, the goal never should of counted.

Nystrom however was a very good player for a long time, and was very vaulable to those Islander teams. Plus I always did like the Islander s jersey.

On a side note, the cup finals of 1980 one of my first sports memories as a kid :cry:

michael jordan

If that isn't proof that you are a moron, I don't know what is.

if you didnt undestand that was a joke then your the moron

I'll let your post speak for itself.

clearly anyone can see he was joking, and so now you look like a real stupid moron

I second the Mathieu Schneider jersey

detroitqm6.png

michael jordan

If that isn't proof that you are a moron, I don't know what is.

if you didnt undestand that was a joke then your the moron

I'll let your post speak for itself.

clearly anyone can see he was joking, and so now you look like a real stupid moron

I second the Mathieu Schneider jersey

Clearly you have no reason to even post that.

Mathieu Schneider, Detroit #23

As a Kings fan and loved Schneider and his play, that's a good choice. I was trying to figure out if he'd worn 23 with Montreal, but now I remember he wore 25 and 8, and is currently wearing 23 with Detroit.

I have to second the Bobby Nystrom suggestion. How can you go wrong with the guy who scored the Islanders first cup winning goal? They even have a few vailable on ebay.

The answer to that is easy, the goal never should of counted.

Nystrom however was a very good player for a long time, and was very vaulable to those Islander teams. Plus I always did like the Islander s jersey.

On a side note, the cup finals of 1980 one of my first sports memories as a kid :cry:

Really, and just why should it not have counted? I am not aware of any controversy regarding the winning goal and I saw it happen at the time on TV. If you are referring to that earlier goal in the game, that is sheer nonsense; you cannot just assume that the rest of the game would have played out the same.

Archived